Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: The Coal-Stuffed Stocking Special

skins island connection

Who wins ?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this one-sided meaningless game?

When: Sunday, December 30th  4:30 p.m.

Where: FedEx Field

First, to everyone, I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.  It is the season of giving, so if you have anything you do not need, please consider donating to a shelter to help those less fortunate. You will feel so much better for doing this and helping others is what we're all about.

This sunday is the last regular season game for the Redskins, as they welcome to FedEx field the Philadelphia Eagles.

Currently the Redskins hold a 86-76-5 head-to-head win advantage, but I think this number will inch a little closer by the time night falls.

With the current turmoil going on, the huge amount of injuries to the team, and yet another season of having to watch other teams advance into the paloffs, it can feel like we're all in a Ground Hog Day movie. Sadly, we're not.

This past sunday, the Eagles were victorious against another playoff team the Houston Texans, in an exciting game [ for them ] that saw 3 lead changes in the final minutes.

After giving up the go-ahead TD to the Texans, Nick Foles and the Eagles drove down the field to get into good FG range, then kicked the winning FG to secure the win.

They had the Texans down by a few scores, but Deshaun Watson put together some drives and scores in the 4th to take the lead late in the game, and it appeared the Texans were going to steal a win in Philly, but their defense couldn't hold down the Eagles desire to win.

The Redskins come off a disappointing loss to the Tennessee Titans, in a game where they had the lead as well, but squandered it in the 4th and allowed the Titans to drive downfield and score the winning TD with little time left, then tacked on a 56yd interception for a TD to secure the win.

The #4 QB Josh Johnson continued to impress, giving his little experience with the team, used his legs and his arm to maneuver the Redskins into scoring positions, but were mainly left with FGs, but he did manage to throw a TD to Floyd early in the game, and against a tough top ranked defense.  It seemed for a lot of the game the Redskins managed to move the ball, which was surprising considering the o-line is a group of people who don't even know each other.

The disappointing part was of course the defense. In the last month or so, the defense overall has really lost its way, giving up scoring drives to back-up QBs and other teams with less than stellar offenses. This week it was Blaine Gabbert who stepped in and took over for Marcus Mariota in the 2nd half and played well enough against a porous secondary and Travis Henry seemed to find new life in the 2nd half as well, as both of them put together 2 drives to put the Titans up 19-16, then Josh Johnson threw a prayer that evidently no Redskin wanted, as the Titans picked it off and ran it in for a 56 yd TD as the clock expired, giving the Titans a 25-16 victory.

So, this Sunday, the Redskins and Eagles battle, with only the Eagles having a chance to make post-season play, as they need to win and the Vikings to lose against the Bears. The Redskins are out of the playoff hunt, and nothing to play for, except pride.

Question is, is there any pride on this team? After letting go of their best safety DJ Swearinger due to comments he made regarding the Redskins DC Greg Manusky's defensive play calling, it is hard to get a feel for what we will see on the field regarding the defense. We know the Eagles will be coming for blood as they need this win, but with the loss of DJ will his replacement have any success or will this game turn into a scoring frenzy?

Look for this game to be somewhat competitive in the first half, but with all of the negativity surrounding the Redskins and the organization, this could turn into a literal blowout by the time the 4th qtr comes. What will the stands look like? We can already assume there will be plenty of Eagles fans in the stands, but will it be more burgundy & gold or will it be filled with green?  Will Josh Johnson be able to move the chains against an expected aggressive defense, and will the defense play with any inspiration or will they have already packed their bags before kick-off?  The sidelines will probably be as interesting as whats happening on the field, and who knows what will happen next?

When the dust settles and the feathers fly,

this could very well turn into a game that will be out of control by the time the 2nd half starts. One team with their season on the line vs a team with nothing to play for and numerous problems on and off-field could be a recipe for disaster. But as Molly Hatchet says, we're " Flirtin' with Disaster".

Final score:

Redskins 9

Eagles 34

* First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins beanie and a few other goodies.

Good luck and as always,   G  O    S  K  I  N  S !!!

I don’t really have a prediction other than I think this game will tell us a lot about Jay. If they come to play and make it a game then Jay probably deserves to return. If they give up and go through the motions then the entire organization needs an overhaul. In either case they need to re-do the front office. Way too much of a clown show at this point. Just not sure if it’s a hindrance to Jay or not.

Along with the "Most 'Redskins' way to end the season" thread... The Redskins will knock off the Eagles, make the NFCE look like the weakest division where only a questionable (to say the least) Cowboys team is the best of a mediocre bunch. And, spend their fans off season realizing... 'One less minor disaster and we would have been in the playoffs'. That and Beat the Cowboys again and we get a home game in the Playoffs.

Came so close...
What if Smith didn't get hurt...
What if...
What if...
What if...
What if...

Kind of like The Cowboys, never bad enough for Garrett to be fired (or enough excuses for Garrett to say it wasn't his fault), never good enough to do anything. Forever mired in mediocrity.

Sadly, Foles will have a field day, throwing for 350+ and 3 TDs. Ertz will have good numbers against the Skins, again. Philly will score on O, D, and ST.  This game will be the perfect ending to the most perfectly ****ty 2nd half of a season in recent memory. 

Minnesota will choke and give the Skins a chance to play spoiler. The Skins will fail at this as well.

Redskins - 13

Dodo Birds - 47

Someone should pass out fliers at the gates saying " Fire Bruce Allen ".

Get it on national tv, that way Snyder CAN'T ignore it.

This organization cannot possibly stand another year of that babbling fool. Most every thread on ES has multiple postings calling for Allen's head, I don't remember it being THAT bad when Cerrato was here.

Its hard to envision how this game will turn out; on one hand, you think the Redskins will come out and play hard and competitive, but on the other hand I can see where the entire team just goes through the motions. But I think everyone will be especially attentive when the defense is on the field; I have a feeling Norman will be up to something, if he even plays.

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well, the most redskins way is that we win this game (that doesn’t count) like 35-14...

like I said tho last week, now that we are out I want the eagles to win the sb and roll with foles.

You want the eagles to win the Superbowl?..Why?

Archived