skinfan2k

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

Recommended Posts

Good  GTFO - regardless of any other changes coming the skins are the last organization that need a guy with that type of attitude in the locker room.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it was coming. 

 

Good player gone. However, I'll take that as some positive action against players talking **** against the coaching staff.

 

It was interesting at the time that Jon Allen came out in support of Manusky. Reckon he's the big dog in the D lockeroom group these days.

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

if this team wants to be taken serious, Jon Allen needs to be the defensive captain.  

 

Just alluded to that. Agree.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid, stupid move.  He was one of our best defensive players.  I get that he was crossing the line calling out coaches, but if you really want him gone with only one game left in the season, make him inactive for the last game with a paid one game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team.  That will send your message.  It also allows the the team to retain his rights and trade him during the off-season. With the way he was playing and the affordable contract, we could've gotten a midround pick for him.  Just plain stupid.  

  • Like 27
  • Thanks 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Good  GTFO - regardless of any other changes coming the skins are the last organization that need a guy with that type of attitude in the locker room.

 

8048107.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This organization is run by a bunch of clowns. DJ called them out, and got the axe. It was expected, but I'm sure he won't have trouble finding a better organization.

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You ever wonder why a relatively young and talented guy like Swearinger has already been with so many teams? 

Just now, CRobi21 said:

 

Just now, CRobi21 said:

8048107.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy acts getting tiring after a while.  4 teams and only 27 years old.  You keep everything in house regardless of the issues.  Also, for all the talk, he goes for personal stats.  He's good awful in coverage anyways.  The NFL is built now to have 2 free safeties.  He aint one. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**** the Redskins!!! I’m done with these ****es. It tells me these ****ing coaches are going to be back next year. 

 

Done me with it!!! ****ing done with it! 

Edited by joeken24
Add
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was ridiculous for him to go after anyone after the game on Saturday considering he wasn't playing well and missed at least one critical tackle that could have changed the outcome of the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yaaaay let's cut a productive player and keep trash like Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden around. #wehail

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Stupid, stupid move.  He was one of our best defensive players.  I get that he was crossing the line calling out coaches, but if you really want him gone with only one game left in the season, make him inactive for the last game with a paid one game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team.  That will send your message.  It also allows the the team to retain his rights and trade him during the off-season. With the way he was playing and the affordable contract, we could've gotten a midround pick for him.  Just plain stupid.  

 

Terrible use of assets. Was playing above his contract with another year of control. But sure, let’s cut this guy. Now we traded a 4th for a garbage 1 year rental in haha, to replace Nicholson who was just arrested, and DJ is cut, so we can’t even get a COMP pick when he signs elsewhere. 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

**** the Redskins!!! I’m done with these ****es. It tells me these ****ing coaches are going to be back next year. 

 

Done me with it!!! ****ing done with it! 

I agree with you in the sense that the move would only happen if those decision makers were returning.  I just hope that wasn't Bruce Allen's call, bc that means we are stuck with him for at least another year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fordranger76 said:

Say what you will but this was the right move. His performance can be replaced. Hopefully the next guy is a professional.

How many years has it been we've been looking for a safety to perform to the standards Swearinger has this year? 

 

Off the top of my head Meriweather, Clark, Ihenacho, Goldson, Bruton, Archuleta, Doughty, Landry etc

 

Nothing about what our front office has done the past ten years says we can easily replace a quality starter like Swearinger. 

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.