Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

skinfan2k

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

That's why those teams barely have any talent or superstars outside of Brady, right? Especially the last decade? Moss was there for like one year because he basically promised not to talk.  Other teams joke about that place being the borg, Gronk is probably the only one there that doesn't have the personality of plywood.

I prefer my teams to win.  Of course that team has brady, but they have put their players in the position to win

Just now, skinfan2k said:

I prefer my teams to win.  Of course that team has brady, but they have put their players in the position to win

That team is more sticks and marshmallows then people realize and have been because of having the best QB in history.  Think about, the one year he wasn't healthy they didn't even make the playoffs.  I get your point, but u see right through what they have been getting away with.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That team is more sticks and marshmallows then people realize and have been because of having the best QB in history.  Think about, the one year he wasn't healthy they didn't even make the playoffs.  I get your point, but u see right through what they have been getting away with.

The one year Brady wasn't healthy, the Patriots went 11-5.

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Could you imagine a player on the Patriots complaining to the media about his coach’s calls?  It’s not conducive to winning. 

Just this year DJ also called out Lovie Smith and Bill O’Brien. Seems like a pattern. 

considering the Pats success that's not a good comparison.  Swearinger was talking about the results of the coach's calls

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

This organization is run by a bunch of clowns. DJ called them out, and got the axe. It was expected, but I'm sure he won't have trouble finding a better organization.

Exactly!!  This organization loves ass kissing "yes men" like Larry Michael, Bruce Allen, and puppets like that.  That's why no real coach or GMs will ever work for this weak ass franchise.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

The one year Brady wasn't healthy, the Patriots went 11-5.

And missed the playoffs.  They aren't a team that relies on a strong run game or defense like when the dynasty first started.  Now it's trying to outsmart people with stuff you got from the thrift shop, then when that fails ask Brady to save you.  Quite the win win luxury i might add.

23 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

We have a terrible defense full of terrible players, I want to know who voted for him, I doubt it was the talented players (interior D lineman) based on Jon Allen's tweet.

our D was very good early in the season, it went downhill when the O began carrying 0% of the load, if you think it was terrible, well you're just wrong,

So we cut the only player on defense that has single handed won a couple of games for us.  Division games at that.  The Giants int, the Dallas fumble.  He made the most impactful plays on this defense this year!!!!  He was wrong so just hit his pockets to make him learn!!!

It's more of an issue keeping Foster around.  Not only that, but letting him STAY ON AS CAPTAIN!  Insane. 

Look, I'm sure the truth of the matter is somewhere in between Swearinger's grievances and what Jon Allen said, however, there are bigger issues on this team. 

It's more of a problem keeping Mason foster on the roster with deteriorating play and his moronic comments that he lied about.  If there was a time to be proactive about a cut, it should have been #54.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Mason Foster says **** this team and the Redskins get his back.

Swearenger calls out the coach and he gets cut.

Redskins get a guy on waiver wire who is allegedly a woman beater.

This team is all over the ****ing place and has no clue wtf to do.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry (Glanville & Springer) ;)

I believe DJ wanted his X-Mas present, he got it, good luck to him on his next journey

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

This organization is run by a bunch of clowns. DJ called them out, and got the axe. It was expected, but I'm sure he won't have trouble finding a better organization.

I dont know about that. The guy has a history of blaming everyone but himself. He had the same attitude in Houston and had some off the field stuff there as well. Now a team may be willing to live with his mouth. But you arent gonna find a D coordinator that is going to be excited about bringing him on board.

1 minute ago, PotomacGator said:

He didn’t say anything inaccurate - Manusky sucks. Gruden sucks even more for releasing DJ. This team is a joke.

I have been okay with Gruden.  He's had a lot of things happen that aren't his fault.  But this voluntary stupidity... I hope the locker room revolts.  I hope it causes exactly what it was designed to stop

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know about that. The guy has a history of blaming everyone but himself. He had the same attitude in Houston and had some off the field stuff there as well. Now a team may be willing to live with his mouth. But you arent gonna find a D coordinator that is going to be excited about bringing him on board.

while Swearinger has had issues, I'm not sure calling oiut coaches has been one

23 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

This is a sign that Gruden will be back in 2019.

This is pretty much why I'm visiting today.   This move is an astoundingly good sign -- if you feel the coaching staff is not part of our problem -- that our staff is returning in tact next year.   The front office doesn't allow this move if there are questions about the staff or, hell, the front office.   For the most part Swearinger's chatty nature has been good for us, as fans, to understand differences with our staff and others.   We ARE soft.   Period.

There's a reason we're ALWAYS the most injured team in the league.    Because we are soft in practice.    This is a common theme.   Gruden has created that culture and it CLEARLY doesn't work.   Yes, we win the division this year if the team is modestly healthy.   But this team will NEVER be while this is our culture and D.J. kind of gave us visibility in to that.   Now, his closing comments about how we should be in zone more does call in to question whether he's actually full of **** frankly.

We are the worst zone defense in creation largely because our four linebackers are all LIMITED laterally, except MAYBE Zach Brown, who lacks great instincts.   In any case, calling for us to go zone is BEGGING us to get torched play after play after play like has happened CONSTANTLY all year.   Moreau getting called on that play is ludicrous.   The defense actually worked.   We actually had people covered even.    Refs made a bad call.    But that wasn't a bad call by Manusky who has made a ton of them :).   So seeing D.J. beg us to play zone in that situation is jarring as you KIND of thought he had a clue and if he doesn't know by now that we suck in zone then he's not watching the film he suggests he's watching.   

In NO WAY, though, do you cut that man IF the organization has even the slightest inkling there's change coming.   No way Snyder allows Bruce to allow Williams to allow it :).   And for me, seeing the SAME core issue yearly with Gruden, I can say I'm ready to move on.   So this is a sad thing for me because he'll be back.   Unless he's willing to change the system that is clearly broken -- and this isn't even play calling, it's HOW YOU WORK -- then this is depressing, because the team will be broken, again, by week 8.

I think Gruden's teams could win.   If they were ever healthy.   He just doesn't know how to coach an environment where that's possible as his general demeanor is to be a little too loose, detail averse and soft for players to make it through a season in tact enough for the positives of Gruden to ultimately win.   Now, he CAN correct that.   He CAN go harder.  He CAN demand more attention to detail.   And he can be tough.

Cutting D.J. KIND of IS tough.   If that's a sign of the new Gruden, maybe by week 8 next year we won't suck again :).

Archived