• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Bill Callahan era began here at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. For the first quarter it was really,really bad football being played by both teams. 
      The Redskins were determined to establish the Run game. The First Quarter all they established was that they still couldn’t run. Or pass. Or do much of anything. 

It wasn’t until the 2nd Quarter that Peterson was able to start ripping the worst Run D in the League for chunks of 18 & 24 yards. The Skins managed to score a TD with a 25 yard pass to Scary Terry McLaurin. 

The Dolphins would open the Second Half only managing five plays before the Redskins would get the ball punted back to them. They would run a balanced run/pass attack of six plays for 70 yards in 1:25 ending in McLaurin’s second touchdown of the day. The Defense would then get a turnover allowing the Offense to get to Field Goal range and add another 3 points to make the score 17-3. 

To open the Fourth Quarter, Hopkins would miss a 55 yard Field Goal, leaving the score at 17-3.  After being sacked five times, the Dolphins would pull their own switcharoo at QB and go to Ryan “Neckbeard” Fitzpatrick which resulted in a touchdown drive for them, making it 17-10. They went for & recovered the Onside Kick. They also managed to not score any points after that. The Dolphins would find theirselves with ball at the 2:00 Warning. Fitzpatrick would take them on a 9 play 75 yard touchdown drive with six seconds remaining on the clock. Miami went for the win with the 2 Point Conversion and failed. The Redskins would recover the onside kick by Miami and Keenum took a knee to get the Redskins their first win of the season. 
skinfan2k

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

Just now, skinfan2k said:

who cares if its Xmas eve?  It's a 365 day business.  

But why? I doubt the team was in a rush to get him on a playoff roster. Just a d-bag thing to do. 

• Like 3

It’s a loss for sure, his spot will be hard to fill. Anyone of you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. 

• Like 4

I have 3 reads on this:

1. The locker room was divided, Swearinger was in the faction against the coaches and got cut to try to shut it down.

2. Manusky and company are not leaving, and the FO is trying put an exclamation point on it. They could have traded him in the postseason, but they didn't and are doubling down.

3. Cutting Swearinger is not going to stop the division in the locker room. Swearinger, with his talent and vocal leader of the defense, is a martyr now.

• Like 7

Manusky is absolutely trash, garbage.  Swearinger called out what anybody could see.  Forget the ship not being tightly run, the X's an O's on Manusky's part were bush league.  Gruden I don't have as much a problem with, although perhaps the locker room is too county club's, I don't know.  Overall a stupid move.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

What team does this on Christmas Eve?

What other player on any other team is going to the media every other week to criticize coaching and/or other players?  Sorry, but no matter how much truth there may or may not be behind what he has said it was beyond absurd at this point.  The guy obviously didn't want to be here so better to let him move on.  Regardless of coaching changes or whatever else I wouldn't expect anything different next year given the cap situation and overall lack of talent on the roster.

7 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

How many years has it been we've been looking for a safety to perform to the standards Swearinger has this year? 

Off the top of my head Meriweather, Clark, Ihenacho, Goldson, Bruton, Archuleta, Doughty, Landry etc

Nothing about what our front office has done the past ten years says we can easily replace a quality starter like Swearinger. 

Could you imagine a player on the Patriots complaining to the media about his coach’s calls?  It’s not conducive to winning. 

Just this year DJ also called out Lovie Smith and Bill O’Brien. Seems like a pattern. 

Edited by Andre The Giant

This team is so ****ing bad at everything. If you don’t want DJ anymore fine, but trade his ass so we get some value, a 6th round draft pick is better than just cutting him outright.

The ****ing idiots in charge love to lose players who have value for absolutely nothing. RG3, Kirk, Orakpo and DJ just to name a few. These guys should garner draft picks in a trade, but we have no idea how to play the game so we lose them for nothing.

Football hell. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

So instead of fining and benching DJ in a meaningless game next week, we cut one of our top defensive players, creating another hole especially with Nicholson's status uncertain, for making comments that are 100% correct about Manusky being a garbage horrid defensive coordinator?  I cant take another year with him and Bruce smfh

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

But why? I doubt the team was in a rush to get him on a playoff roster. Just a d-bag thing to do. 

It was a d-bag thing to do to keep going to the media with this crap week after week.  I can't believe anyone would feel bad for him.

4 teams already in his career and you can see why.

• Like 3

Mason Foster says **** this team and the Redskins get his back.

Swearenger calls out the coach and he gets cut.

Redskins get a guy on waiver wire who is allegedly a woman beater.

This team is all over the ****ing place and has no clue wtf to do.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I think I remember a thread wondering how the team would "Typical Redskins" themselves.  Well here is your answer.  I find it funny that the orginization is so up in arms about a coach being called out.  Granted was it bad form, but was he wrong?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

His comments towards jon Allen are totally unacceptable.  He told that Jon Allen is just in his 2nd year and he doesn't know anything about what's going in the secondary.    

Dj is average when you are average in talent and play you can’t call people out there is hierarchy involved. That said he wasn’t releasable we have nothing at safety...

Just now, skinfan2k said:

His comments towards jon Allen are totally unacceptable.  He told that Jon Allen is just in his 2nd year and he doesn't know anything about what's going in the secondary.    

I was listening to it, nothing disrespectful IMO, Grant gave him a shot to take a shot on Allen and he didn't take one.  He said the D line is a different drill than how they play coverage in the secondary.  And Allen should defend his D coordinator and he's cool with it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

And that right there is why he needed to go. One runs his mouth and the other one produces. IF this is true.

Edited by fordranger76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

Dj is average when you are average in talent and play you can’t call people out there is hierarchy involved. That said he wasn’t releasable we have nothing at safety...

• Like 3

So stupid!  Suspend him if you want, cutting him is just dumb. 

Foster says F this team and its fans - No problem.

AP says he still hits his kid - No issue

Another player is on Video Beating the crap out of a guy "Ok -Suspended but on team"

Another player beats his GF at team hotel for another team -CLAIM HIM.

One of our best D players says some things that are spot on - but shouldnt have said them - CUT HIM.

Gruden and Allen need to be gone!  IF they had a strong moral code they were using - fine- but this is just the latest "Read news, react without thought"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

No matter where anyone falls on Swearinger as a player, this is going to be messy.

Swearinger was calling out the coaching for being too club-like and the staff's response is to cut him.  It's a bad look that makes this look like a power play of the coaching staff over an actual football move.

That's doubly true if he was elected Caption and Jay overruled the players.  If THAT happened, then this kind of thing is going to murder locker room harmony.  It'll make Swearinger a martyr, which will only make divisions and opposition to Jay and the FO worse.

Ultimately, this comes from the top.  Dan and Bruce run a crappy ship and it infects everything.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fordranger76 said:

And that right there is why he needed to go. One runs his mouth and the other one produces.

Is that's what's being said on twitter?  I am listening to the whole interview and I didn't take it even a little at a shot at J. Allen. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

If Manusky is back I won't be able to stomach it --- He is probably worse than Joe Berry and as bad as Haslett

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TMK9973 said:

TMK lets not overlook the "elite" Josh Norman basicly giving the middle finger to the fans in his comments as well.  Guess that is ok too right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Is that's what's being said on twitter?  I am listening to the whole interview and I didn't take it even a little at a shot at J. Allen. 

Edit on my post to if this is true. I'm going off of previous poster.

1 minute ago, mcdonaldrw said:

TMK lets not overlook the "elite" Josh Norman basicly giving the middle finger to the fans in his comments as well.  Guess that is ok too right?

Swearinger was told repeatedly to keep his criticism in house and he just couldn't help himself.  To be honest I am pretty sure this is what he wanted for a while - so good for him.

Norman and Foster weren't consistently causing problems almost every single week.

this is even worse news, because it means that bruce and jay and manusky are back next year.  6-10 here we come.  can we just fast forward to when we decide to draft a QB and reset?

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Swearinger was told repeatedly to keep his criticism in house and he just couldn't help himself.  To be honest I am pretty sure this is what he wanted for a while - so good for him.

Norman and Foster weren't consistently causing problems almost every single week.

norman is an overpaid clown who threw his helmet at a player yesterday, and foster talks **** on social media every week.

the locker room is a mess, any illusion that it isnt is just a joke.  and it looks like we have another 365 days to watch this garbage play out.