Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best QB During Snyder Era?

Veryoldschool

Best Skin QB During Dan Snyder Era?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Considering Only Their Tenure With The Skins Who Was The Best Redskin QB During The Daniel Snyder Era?

• Alex Smith
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Robert Griffin III
    • Rex Grossman
    • Donovan McNabb
    • Jason Campbell
    • Mark Brunell
    • Tony Banks
    • Patrick Ramsey
    • Brad Johnson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/15/2019 at 03:42 AM

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Over the course of one season, nobody beat 2012 RG3.

Over the course of multiple seasons, easily Kirk Cousins.

Yea it would have been better if the question was more specific...

like are we measuring the QB only at the time that they peaked, or by their overall contributions through their entire Redskins' tenure, etc.

That would produce different answers.

I think Kirk's tenure in Minnesota will ultimately tell us if he was a good quarterback. Brad Johnson was solid. Everyone else was either washed up or a flash in the pan at best (most not even close to that) when we got them. Even RGIII only had glimpses of brilliance. 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

The omission of John Beck and Colt Brennan from this survey is glaring.  What about Jeff George?

Heck, Kent Graham was pretty much 2-0 coming in relief for Banks in 2001.

Of that list, you'd have to go with Kirk. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Also omitted a prospective vote : Todd Collins, who is more worthy than a few of those.

To be included in this list of legends and luminaries a QB had to start at least 10 games during Dan Snyder's era

45 minutes ago, Csup said:

Tough one.  But Brad Johnson at least  won a Super Bowl.

Yes, but not with the Redskins.

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, this is basically your way of starting a thread about Kirk Cousins, trying to skirt the rule against doing so in the Stadium....

No, not my intention at least but you raise a valid point I didn’t consider.  Maybe the monitors should move or delete this thread.

4 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Trent Green?

Trent didn’t play for Synder that is why I didn’t include him on the list.

16 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

No, not my intention at least but you raise a valid point I didn’t consider.  Maybe the monitors should move or delete this thread.

It might not have been your intention, but the correct answer is obvious enough that it feels like you are trying to skirt their rule.

If the rule was "no Clinton Portis threads", and you made a "best RB of the Dan Snyder era" poll, what do you think the result would be?

The good news is that if you get banned, the rest of us will envy you.  Just as in a post-nuclear war hellscape, the living would envy the dead.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Over the course of one season, nobody beat 2012 RG3.

Over the course of multiple seasons, easily Kirk Cousins.

Cousin’s 2015 season, especially the end of it, was just about as good as Griffin’s 2012, just nowhere near as flashy. 

Almost 70% completion percent, 4100 yards. And he’s had to contend with a Joe Barry Defense.

Cousins’ 2016 stars for yards Ian off the charts.  Almost 5,000 yards, but too many mistakes.

Griffin’s 2012 is probably still better, but Cousins 2015 was prett damn good also. Especially as his first year starting. 

28 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I'm not going to continue to argue it, won't even post on it again. But when a guy who's been basically obsessed with Kirk Cousins starts a thread around a poll where the clear correct answer is Kirk Cousins you would have to be naive to think that's a coincidence.

Now you pulling the faux-innocent routine of "Oh, is this poll going to be all about Kirk Cousins? That hadn't occurred to me" routine makes it seem even more obvious.

27 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I'm not going to continue to argue it, won't even post on it again. But when a guy who's been basically obsessed with Kirk Cousins starts a thread around a poll where the clear correct answer is Kirk Cousins you would have to be naive to think that's a coincidence.

Now you pulling the faux-innocent routine of "Oh, is this poll going to be all about Kirk Cousins? That hadn't occurred to me" routine makes it seem even more obvious.

Now you have called me a liar.  On my ignore list you go.

Archived