Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at An's Boobs

TK

25 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Notice how a 300lb linemen picks on a 185lb DB? Some guys just do not know how to win. Why didn't he make fun of someone his own size and by the way, keep your helmet on tough guy! 

Trent Williams slapped R. Sherman.  Not saying he wouldn't have, but why not slap one of the guys that was HIS size?  

16 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Derrick Henry has a piece of dookie hanging out of the back of his helmet. Someone should let him know about that! 

That was his way of letting us know they were going **** all over our weak ass defense.  

13 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

When you hear gabbert is coming into the game, you would think it would be a downgrade.  But he made some nice throws.  That 35 yarder to start the td drive was perfectly thrown.  He was more than competent tonight.  Do you truly believe he was a downgrade from Mariota tonight?  I would say the passing game was upgraded once he came in.  

Titans played a number of games this season where Mariota could hardly throw the football with nerve damage in his throwing arm. 

People shouldn't be surprised that Gabbert came in and beat us considering our starting QB is Josh Johnson. 

25 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Trent Williams slapped R. Sherman.  Not saying he wouldn't have, but why not slap one of the guys that was HIS size?  

That was his way of letting us know they were going **** all over our weak ass defense.  

Because Sherman most likely deserved to be slapped as he has a big mouth, so are you supposed to slap someone else that has got nothing to do with it just because he is bigger?  Norman was minding his own business, sitting thinking about the loss, and the 🐌 lineman went out of his way to antagonize him. Classic bully.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Maybe because Norman was trash talking during the game so the Titans player went after him. Who knows, either way you can easily take care of this by making tackles, defending passes, getting INT and securing the win. 

Taylor Lewan is also not the last when it comes to trash talking...

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Pretty sure they ran on first down every ****ing time except for one first down.  That **** is so ****ing predictable.  Gruden's offensive play calling sucks I'm ready to move on from him.

That's true, but they also had some success doing it. So it's not a big deal.

AP was killing it yesterday.

38 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Norman was minding his own business, sitting thinking about the loss, and the 🐌 lineman went out of his way to antagonize him. Classic bully.

All of the Titans fans I saw comment on this guys behavior seemed to agree that he is a bully.  Most think he is a good player, and a POS human.  People who followed him in college agreed.  I think he got in trouble in college for publicly threatening to rape a girl.

Watched the game, and was pleasantly surprised. Every issue I had with Gruden I still have, but he had the team looking competent. (Considering) If they look like this next week against Philly Gruden is definitely coming back. In spite of everything the team actually had a chance to win yesterday. That over throw to Doctson on the first possession. Skinz settled for a FG. That was the deciding factor. Doctson got loose a couple times. 

23 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Taylor Lewan is also not the last when it comes to trash talking...

That's true, but they also had some success doing it. So it's not a big deal.

AP was killing it yesterday.

Behind this rag tag, fourth string, intermural JuCo practice squad OL. Saw AP start to shimmer. Too bad we didn't have the talent to let him bling.

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Because Sherman most likely deserved to be slapped as he has a big mouth, so are you supposed to slap someone else that has got nothing to do with it just because he is bigger?  Norman was minding his own business, sitting thinking about the loss, and the 🐌 lineman went out of his way to antagonize him. Classic bully.

I've seen plenty of big guys talk **** to Trent, but I've never seen him slap them before or after the game.  Ijs

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

you didn't see the silverback slap the **** out of Richard Sherman after the playoff loss?

Yeah ive seen that.  I was commenting on somebody talking about some big guy pickin on lil Norman.  I mentioned how Trent did the same thing pickin on lil Sherman.

14 hours ago, FrFan said:

Ok, so now I think I'm starting to understand where the disconnect is on defense, sounds like the young D lineman think the secondary is a bunch of d-bags.

I heard that was the case several weeks ago but there was nothing concrete to back it up, Allen tweeting this is pretty much him saying DJ is a loudmouth and don't listen to him.

Is anyone else getting the same vibe?

I guess its possible he just has more class than DJ and maybe he knows Manusky didn't call a great game but he understands you don't air that stuff out to the media.

Whatever the problem is I'm with the Bama boys, they come off as more mature than the vets in our secondary and they give great effort every game.

21 hours ago, Xameil said:

Only been with the team for 2 weeks, only started being the focus during practice 1.5 weeks,  no true 1 WR a d a patchwork OLine...

It's more then just numbers...

Ok but there is a reason this guy has been passed around by so many teams and we saw it. Another thing funny how you all pick and choose as to who you make excuses for. You all absolutely roasted Sanchez who had even less time with the team

13 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

The played hard last night.. The D limited Henry's impart, Johnson played well, the oline blocked well. It just sucks we lost.. Props to the coaching staff though, you could see the team was playing with emotion everywhere. 

13-27 1 td 150yrds 2 ints is Not playing well

11 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

Ok but there is a reason this guy has been passed around by so many teams and we saw it. Another thing funny how you all pick and choose as to who you make excuses for. You all absolutely roasted Sanchez who had even less time with the team

I think you’re just trying to temper the enthusiasm, but I have to say, you’re coming across as a huge Sanchez homer that is super bitter Johnson supplanted him. 

On top of that, you seem intent on repeating this schtick (some variation of ‘he sucked, Sanchez could do the same or better’) over and over again, making it seem the rest of us ignorant fans just can’t see the truth.

All the while ignoring the high praise he got from the announcers (ex coach and ex receiver among them), Gruden - saying it’s “extraordinary” how he played given the circumstances, the beat reporters, his teammates, and the numerous, very knowledgeable fans on here that were impressed (or pleasantly surprised at the least) with his play.  

I’m not knocking your opinion (or your right to have a contrary one), just the ‘schtick’ I mentioned.  

Now, with that all said, there have been a few over-the-top posts about Johnson.  If I were you, I might focus on arguing against those, rather than the people saying he “played pretty well”.  

1 hour ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

Sanchez had the same amount of time and posted a 0 rating. 

No one.is crowning him the teams savior. And it's his history and the level.of play he had which is why he's getting praise. If the defense didnt go soft, we win that titans game because of Johnson not in spite of him.

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I think you’re just trying to temper the enthusiasm, but I have to say, you’re coming across as a huge Sanchez homer that is super bitter Johnson supplanted him. 

On top of that, you seem intent on repeating this schtick (some variation of ‘he sucked, Sanchez could do the same or better’) over and over again, making it seem the rest of us ignorant fans just can’t see the truth.

All the while ignoring the high praise he got from the announcers (ex coach and ex receiver among them), Gruden - saying it’s “extraordinary” how he played given the circumstances, the beat reporters, his teammates, and the numerous, very knowledgeable fans on here that were impressed (or pleasantly surprised at the least) with his play.  

I’m not knocking your opinion (or your right to have a contrary one), just the ‘schtick’ I mentioned.  

Now, with that all said, there have been a few over-the-top posts about Johnson.  If I were you, I might focus on arguing against those, rather than the people saying he “played pretty well”.  

nope your are incorrect in everything you think you know about me so keep your day job because you are inept at reading people. I could give a rats ass about sanchez, he was to be a stop gap at best the same as Johnson. and I stand by my opinion that 13 for 25 is playing well. Oh and just because the announcers praised him I am supposed to believe 

1 hour ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

nope your are incorrect in everything you think you know about me so keep your day job because you are inept at reading people.

I may very well be inept at reading people.  :)

So, I was wrong that you’re trying to temper fan’s enthusiasm?  I mean, that’s the only ‘reading’ I did... the rest of my post was about my perspective.  So what are you doing then?

I could give a rats ass about sanchez, he was to be a stop gap at best the same as Johnson.

Fair enough.  You’ve mentioned Sanchez more than once when no one was talking about him.  IIRC it started with you saying Sanchez could have matched Johnson - put up 16 on the Giants in the second half - even though you hadn’t seen the game.  You come across as irritated when someone posts positively about Johnson. 

and I stand by my opinion that 13 for 25 is playing well.

I feel like you’re ignoring context.  His stats were not good for an NFL starter, you’re right.  He was, however, a guy off the couch looking calm and cool against a good defense with major talent deficiencies on our offense.  

Oh and just because the announcers praised him I am supposed to believe 

Obviously not what I said... but I can’t say I’m surprised.  I suppose everyone (Gruden, his teammates, most of the posters on here, ex-players/coaches, the beat reporters, etc.) should believe you because you’ve... seen his stats.  :)

BTW, if you’re going to base your argument solely on stats... you might want to get them right.  

Regarding the Zone vs. Man scheme.  The problem lies first with the pass rush fading in the 2nd half of the game.  In the 1st half the D-line & linebackers were constantly harassing Mariota, he was always on the run, throwing on the move, getting hit, sacked etc etc......when the pass rush is ferocious, it allows you to play more man coverage because the QB is forced into throwing the ball before WR's are coming out of breaks, the timing is all messed up.

Fun fact.  90% of DB's will eventually get beat 1 on 1 during the course of a play if the QB is allowed to have all day to throw, either by a clean pocket or being able to extend the play with his legs. This is just a fact and doesn't reflect badly on the secondary necessarily.  

What Zone defense is supposed to do is allow the secondary to patrol areas of the field instead of actual players.  The defenders will watch and react to what the QB is doing, and then look to occupy the space of where the ball was going.

Regardless of scheme the secondary is playing, it all starts with the pass rush, which to me is the biggest mystery of why it seemed to fade so much in the 2nd half, especially when Gabbart came in who is known as being a pure pocket guy who can't move or escape.   Why not send an extra blitzer more often, get him out of his comfort zone. 

And then in the grand scheme of things, the call on Fabian was weak sauce anyway, the WR ran a sideline out route and the ball was thrown 5 yards over his head on the back shoulder. There was zero chance of that ball being caught even if the WR was standing there all by himself, so there's that too.

Archived