Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at An's Boobs

TK

I really doubt Gruden gets fired.   And I completely get the situation he was in with the QB and what not.

But running in the first 23 1st and 10s with basically a 2 yard average, being so conservative, even after Mariota went out... even when JJ was actually throwing the  ball pretty well early.

You’ve got to get your QB in some rhythm, and by running on first down all the time, you really can’t do that.

Its a tough balancing act.  But it looked like Gruden thought he could win this game basically without attempting a forward pass.  

And then the defense ends just collapses when it needs to stop Henry, it can’t.  Bad coaching, bad scheme, bad everything.

This team needs a complete reboot.  Get rid of suck ass Allen, conservative, gutless Gruden, Meh Manusky, and about 1/3 of the players  including some who have been around for a while.

Its time for this experiment to end because this group of folks just can’t win anything of note.

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It just shocks me how much credit dumb ass Jay Gruden gets because of injury situations.

He cosched and ok game.  The defense is poorly conceived.  The play calling is crap.  The run game is poorly schemed.  

Players dont give up. 

Other than that, he’s tan awful head coach.

Agree completely. He is the definition of mediocrity. A more likeable version of Norv Turner but equally ineffective. The travesty that is the defensive side of the ball is really unforgivable. The fact that we are still sticking to a 3-4 without the personnel to run it drives me insane. 

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The only thing that will infuriate me today is if we try to run up the gut on 80%+ of our first downs if it’s not having success.  

I don’t expect a win, and the Skins are overmatched.  But if you’re going to lose, go down swinging and not meanly into the night.

Jay says, "EIGHTY percent?!??   Pppssshhhh.  Hold my beer..." 

For all those that want Gruden fired, sure ok, so do I, however unless Bruce Allen is also fired, that means it will be Bruce Allen's decision on rebuilding the coaching staff, is that what we want?  I have no confidence that Bruce Allen is going to put together anything better than what is already here.  Gruden needs to go, but Bruce needs to go even more.  They need to be shown the door together. 

The game was all but over on that phantom Holding call on 3rd & 5 on the Titans last TD drive.  Whatever contact was made, for starters was made after the ball had already flown over the WR's head, and secondly that ball was nowhere close to being catchable, the WR was breaking to the sideline and the ball was thrown on the other side of the DB.

Just another example of the officials taking it into their own hands and determining games.   Not to mention the flag came in from the back judge, not the sideline judge who was standing right there where the WR & DB went out of bounds.     Just ridiculous.  

If that call is not made, the Titans are going for it on 4th down, not even in FG range yet.  Instead they are gifted a 1st down at a critical point of the game.

Just now, joeken24 said:

Doesn't matter. They both have poor grades for the season. They need to car pool the **** out of Ashburn tonight.

It does matter. Put the blame where it is due. In this game it was not on Gruden. It doesn't matter what happens at the end of the season but today it was not Gruden's fault. Gruden with his rag tags of OL and QB who had played for 13 other teams had us wining today against a team with a very good D. 

Allen needs to go first anyways. 

I can't believe that we're 7-8 and staring at another losing season. Six weeks ago we were 6-3, six and ****ing three!

I can forgive the offense for the drop-off, I mean how many teams get down to their fourth string QB FFS. But what happened to the defense? There's no excuse for their drop off in form, very disappointing.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

For what its worth Smoot just said that Irvin was right and JD needs to finish the route.

The only question I have is that it was mentioned on the telecast that the Titans brought an extra rusher that they didn't show as a blitzer prior to the ball being snapped, aren't there certain plays where a blitz will change the WR's duty as a route runner?   I have no idea if this play was even one of those situations, but I swear sometimes if a defense blitzes, WRs will cut off their route short in a zone in order to let the QB make a quicker throw.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

For all those that want Gruden fired, sure ok, so do I, however unless Bruce Allen is also fired, that means it will be Bruce Allen's decision on rebuilding the coaching staff, is that what we want?  I have no confidence that Bruce Allen is going to put together anything better than what is already here.  Gruden needs to go, but Bruce needs to go even more.  They need to be shown the door together. 

Correct.  Sadly it will never happen.  Oh well, time to switch to Terps game.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

The game was all but over on that phantom Holding call on 3rd & 5 on the Titans last TD drive.  Whatever contact was made, for starters was made after the ball had already flown over the WR's head, and secondly that ball was nowhere close to being catchable, the WR was breaking to the sideline and the ball was thrown on the other side of the DB.

Just another example of the officials taking it into their own hands and determining games.   Not to mention the flag came in from the back judge, not the sideline judge who was standing right there where the WR & DB went out of bounds.     Just ridiculous.  

If that call is not made, the Titans are going for it on 4th down, not even in FG range yet.  Instead they are gifted a 1st down at a critical point of the game.

It’s why the nfl has to make it so officials are responsible for areas of the field and others further away cannot override  a no call

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Gruden with his rag tags of OL and QB who had played for 13 other teams had us wining today against a team with a very good D. 

Honestly, I've been rather impressed by those youngs guys playing G today.

Not world beaters, but they were decent to open holes for AP.

We may be onto something with them.

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

As long as Bruce is here, keeping Jay may be the best option. 

Archived