Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Say it ain't so Montae...

Unbias

This isn't identical, but perhaps enough similarities to compare.

Remember the 2017 offseason, when Gallette was arrested for punching a guy.

No jail time, and not even discipline from the NFL at all. It just faded off and away into oblivion (until now, course).

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/washington-de-junior-galette-tased-spring-break-arrest-article-1.3043290

So him and the GF weren't fighting each other?  That's an upgrade, actually kinda hot.  Ride or die chick, ask her why she let you do that then marry her.

I need more info why they felt that was the course of action to take.  Hunt still looks like boo boo the fool, but even that story had more info that came out about that made you say the wrong button got pushed.   I want these guys to be smart and responsible, but lets be real, they are paid to hurt people for a living.  I've said before the NFL is too reactionary on these issues, combine that with the commonality we are starting to see with CTE.

If you want to take this as defending Montae doing that, that would be a mistake.  What does this say about our franchise that him being not being cut yet we can't tell if it's because we want to help him or we don't care?  Foster we claimed like we wanted to be his last chance to get right, I don't know how much I believe that anymore.  That's what's really embarrassing to me, winning off the field.

Juicy tidbit if true...caller just now on 106.7 said the alleged victims tried to rob montae of his chainin the alley behind the bar.  Victims got away. Montae and his girl got to their car and drove around 1 Loudoun looking for those same people. They found them and beat the brakes off of them. 

Will be interesting to see if this angle holds up. Caller said Montae was in a great mood all night and how colossally stupid it would be to get arrested 3 blocks from practice facility. Said Montae had good reason to be vexed...

32 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

My issue with this is why is Monte out drinking when we have a game Saturday?  And HUGE game at that?  That is my issue.  Certainly its also dumb to confront anyone in today's day and age, especially in VA with the gun laws that it has.  

In fairness, if the guy tried to rob him before and didn't pull a gun on him, I doubt it turns out he has one and pulls it when confronted, if he had one he would have pulled it from the start.  

As far as going out, i have no problem with these guys having lives and being human, but I do think he needs to be smarter than this.  It's one thing to go out and grab some drinks with your boys, but to 'shut the place down' is not necessary.   I remember what it was like to be 23 (or to validate the point, dont remember much of it), so I don't think that can be overlooked.  He's not without responsibility in this, as he's got A LOT more to lose than a lot of us do... but I don't have a problem with players going out and being adults when they're off the next day.  The 2am part is a bit much, and the retaliation part is where i have a problem.  

53 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

My issue with this is why is Monte out drinking when we have a game Saturday?  And HUGE game at that?  That is my issue.  Certainly its also dumb to confront anyone in today's day and age, especially in VA with the gun laws that it has.  

My thought also is that he is putting he and his girlfriend into a dangerous position now because who knows now if the bad guy will also seek revenge lol. He should have just let it drop after the "failed" robbery or reported it to the police. Crazy right?

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

i think he was sticking up for is crazy gf... i mean, no matter what if someone is defending themselves and starts punching back at your girl you gotta step up. So, meh.

I once dated a girl that I swore was gonna have me wind up in the hospital or some road rage incident. Avoiding confrontation or defusing conflict with people was not her move.  She didnt last long.  

1 hour ago, BayouBrave86 said:

That’s smart, go and confront someone in this day and age and take the law into your own hands. This guy clearly doesn’t give a **** about repercussions. 

He's damn lucky it didnt turn out worse than it did.

2 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Didn't Jay take PTO right before the Giants game we got blown out in?  I'm not going to ask these guys to be robots all things considered, but that's probably the answer to your question.

U have an issue with him

drinking 5 days before a game?  LOL 

He could of easily gotten stabbed or shot. Pride is the sign of a foolish man.... To whoever said the robbers probably didn't have a gun on them because they did'nt use one to rob them. How the hell would you know he doesn't have one in the car? Thats a dumb ass thought process. Dude in the car could of had a screwdriver and stuck it through is neck. he put himself in position he shouldn't have. It would be more understandable if they got away with the chain and he was trying to get it back.

16 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You're right but...man, if someone dropped millions of dollars in my lap I'd be doing my best not to **** it up.

In his drunken state he must have thought it was 3rd and long, so in true Redskina D fashion it was time to **** it up...

(Yeah I know it was a stretch)

Getting drunk, yes I do.

Taking the arrest out of the equation, whats the diffetence btw Nicholson enjoying some libations 5 days out from a game and someone who works 60 hours a week having a few pops on a Friday/Saturday before a work presentation on a Wednesday?  Why hold Nicholson to this crazy standard?

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

U have an issue with him

drinking 5 days before a game?  LOL 

I dont have a problem with him having a few, in general, but he does still have to practice and prepare the next day. What kinda quality of work you think you're getting out him today (had he not been arrested)? This was 2 a.m. last night.  What time do they have to be at the Park?

Archived