Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Say it ain't so Montae...

Unbias

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I love when people refer to being in the NFL as "a job", like anyone can apply for it.

Anyone can apply to it:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/04/anyone-yes-anyone-can-try-out-for-the-nfl/

Just like anyone can apply for the job of POTUS.

Don't forget that being able to apply never meant you'll be able to land a job in it.

Still NFL employs thousands of people that will never be on the field.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I love when people refer to being in the NFL as "a job", like anyone can apply for it.

There are more navy seals than starting QBs, but yeah. Just a job.

If they’re getting a paycheck, it absolutely counts as a job. Sure, it isn’t a JOB job, as in, going to an office or anything like that, but it’s still a type of job nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Whoever said that a job means that it is something where anyone can apply for it or where most people would be qualified? Heck being the president, the CEO of a large corporation, a PGA golfer or a rock star are all still jobs.  They also all have certain drawbacks, rules & restrictions in addition to their perks.

So looks like Montae will play his second game after killing his GF(allegedly).

I just dont get it.  They treat it like they need him to play like there is something to play for.  Its a 2-14 season at best, theres nothing to gain from playing him and everything to lose.

21 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

So looks like Montae will play his second game after killing his GF(allegedly).

I just dont get it.  They treat it like they need him to play like there is something to play for.  Its a 2-14 season at best, theres nothing to gain from playing him and everything to lose.

Are you serious?  Man this team is a dumpster fulla clown shoes.

I don't know if it was said or asked already, but is it possible the Skins had Montae take a drug test afterward?... If it came back clean it might be something that is playing a role in their decisions with him. I know weed, pills, and foil with residue were found in his home, but foil with residue/substance was also found in her parents' home. No one is reaching any conclusions about what went on in the family home, though...and it would be really easy to speculate on it.

I haven't been keeping up on the story, though, and came here to see what might be new...doesn't seem like anything is new at the moment. So I'm assuming that the weed found, we don't know if it was bags of weed sitting on the kitchen counter or a small misdemeanor amount found in the bathroom the woman apparently was in when she OD'd, or some amount Montae uses for the pains dealing with playing (like reportedly half the NFL does). No info on what the pills were...or the residue on the foil (as well as confirmation on the foil with substance in/on it found in her bedroom at home)...it's most likely heroin or fentanyl--or even worse, heroin spiked with fentanyl that she didn't know about. 

The wise move would have been keeping him sidelined until far more info came out...dealing with unknown situations where a death occurred is way too important to assume innocence OR guilt. But it would also be a smart move to not exaggerate what is known and what has occurred in order to advance the narrative of Redskins' dysfunction. This is bad enough without needing to do that.

I agree they should have kept him on the sideline.

I do not believe Montae and his lawyer are going to be able to convince the general public that he was not aware of the victim's drug issues.   He

will make a mistake if that becomes his defense.  There will be people with whom he is associated who can testify that they knew the victim had drug problems too.

So if you dated her for at least six months it would be hard to hide her drug use from him.  That excuse appears to be working for the Redskins allowing him

to play now.   Maybe the Skins really do not want to know everything.  Unfortunately, from their perspective, the less they know the better right now.

4 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I agree they should have kept him on the sideline.

I do not believe Montae and his lawyer are going to be able to convince the general public that he was not aware of the victim's drug issues.   He

will make a mistake if that becomes his defense.  There will be people with whom he is associated who can testify that they knew the victim had drug problems too.

So if you dated her for at least six months it would be hard to hide her drug use from him.  That excuse appears to be working for the Redskins allowing him

to play now.   Maybe the Skins really do not want to know everything.  Unfortunately, from their perspective, the less they know the better right now.

You could say the same thing about her family, though, especially if she still lived at home...not that you should, but you could. But yeah, I don't think it would be wise to try and claim Montae had zero clue his "gf"/woman he hung with was doing any drugs. I also don't think it would wise to allude to knowing she did but didn't know she was doing it that night. In public it's easy to skirt around those issues. To the police, it would be much harder.

His friend/girlfriend died of a drug overdose.  Perhaps accidentally or maybe by choice how is this Nicholson's fault?  Has Nicholson been convicted of a crime?  The answer as of today is no, nor has he even been charged with a crime so I don't understand all the anger directed towards him. 

RIP to the young girl, but is there more to the story that isn't known?  If Montae had called 911, would that have changed their feelings about the situation?  Look, to me, A LOT of the story doesn't make sense (why not call 911...and why leave as soon as the police arrived at the hospital - considering that she was rumored, according to an article I read, to be his GF)....but as of now, it doesn't mean Nicholson is guilty of anything other than being in the same house where this girl OD. 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol at the Justice for Julia shirt. 

Girl ODed in a bathroom. How is it anyone's fault but hers?

Parents just don't want to hold their own kids accountable for their mistakes. They're always "perfect little angels" sullied up by the scum of society. 

What if he had called 911 immediately, instead of calling other people before driving her to the hospital? 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

What if he had called 911 immediately, instead of calling other people before driving her to the hospital? 

Who are the other people he called? 

Obviously we don't know all the details, but unless there's WAY more to the story, this family's motive right now looks like they're pinning it on Nicholson. 

I think it speaks volumes that he's still playing, so maybe his version of the story actually checks out. 

2 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Who are the other people he called? 

Obviously we don't know all the details, but unless there's WAY more to the story, this family's motive right now looks like they're pinning it on Nicholson. 

I think it speaks volumes that he's still playing, so maybe his version of the story actually checks out. 

That's what they were saying before. He didnt call an ambulance. That's obvious. 

Letting him play is not a good look for the team right now.

34 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I wouldn’t have let him play for a few reasons.  Not sure who made that call.

His play is generally enough, but being involved with an OD, which is a double shot (illegal drugs and questionable death), just seems like something you want to cut off and wait until you know what's up.

Niners cut foster immediately after his 2nd run in, this is this bums 2nd time with being on tmz hes not good enough to keep playing for this team he shoulda been suspended at least once news broke of this....let the cops and families figure it out, we should be busy trying to build a professional football team

with 0 clowns on it

On 10/27/2019 at 9:07 AM, bakedtater1 said:

I hate this ****ing...organization...its making hate the team..and I dont want that...i dont see the folks renewing the ticket next year...i wont get it...my days of consecutively never missing a game could be numbered...just watch what I can watch on my hulu cable I guees..if the skins are on I'll watch.

Thanks you piece of **** of an owner Daniel Snyder!!

On 11/21/2019 at 12:24 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Please don't do that comparison.......please.

13 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's what they were saying before. He didnt call an ambulance. That's obvious. 

Letting him play is not a good look for the team right now.

Maybe the Skins are privy to more knowledge regarding this situation than the general public?

I'm split on this, really.

On one hand, there are a few things that I'm questioning about the details (given so far) of her death. 

On the other, it wouldn't be hard to believe that Nicholson didn't have much to do with her death other than driving her to the hospital. 

Innocent until proven guilty, right?  The court of public opinion would have him cut for his involvement....but before letting the guy go, I think it's best to let the legalities of the situation run it's course.  I'm really tending to believe that the Skins know that Nicholson didn't have anything to do with this other than being in the same house where she died.  Not a good look considering his history, and if that 1 Loudoun incident never happened, more people might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  All in all, he needs to surround himself with better people. 

If you are a young kid and find out somebody has ODed at your house, you might initially be worried about calling 911 for fear of getting your gf busted. Poor decision calling the brother first for sure, but more in line with a state of panic rather than an indicator of guilt.

The justice for Julia line is absurd. She did this to herself. I don't know if the family is in denial or hopes to exploit the aftermath to shake down Nicholson.

Archived