Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

NEW: Susan Collins says she'll back Trump's proposal to reopen the government when Senate votes tomorrow.

`This shutdown must end,' she says

There's a shock :rolleyes:

If anyone thinks at this point that Collins is a moderate or has any backbone whatsoever... I've got a bridge to sell them.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Burgold said:

There's a shock :rolleyes:

If anyone thinks at this point that Collins is a moderate or has any backbone whatsoever... I've got a bridge to sell them.

I’m sure it was after deep thought and with many reservations!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/22/2019 at 7:55 PM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Good campaign slogan

"Being Reasonable is Acceptable"

can go with "Bring Back Common Sense" and "Any Functioning Adult 2020"

And

“Remember When Lying Was Wrong?”

or 

“I’m for America, Not Russia”

or

”Non-Sociopath for President”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump will NEVER be convicted, after an impeachment.  Conviction requires 2/3 or 67 votes in the Senate.  Since the Dems have only 47, that will mean 20 Republicans would have to vote to convict.   Trump is at 80% to 90% approval among Republicans.  As long as his approval numbers within the GOP stay that high; there's no way GOP Senators vote to convict Trump.  The gOP only cares about keeping or aquiring power.  For those GOP Senators who are up for reelection in 2020 and even 2022; voting to convict & remove Trump from office would end their Senate careers.  That isn't happening.  The only GOP Senate who might vote to convict, would be those who just got elected/re-elected in 2018. There reelection would be 2024; the first post Trump election.

The Dems can impeach Donald anytime but proceeding with that; without any conviction could have the opposite effect.  It could supercharge the GOP and actually see Trump win reelection via the electoral college, regaining the House and keeping the Senate.

I think the best route is to have hearings on things not being investigate by Mueller now and then once the report comes out; investigate those things in the Mueller.  Gather your evidence and then have every single Democrat running for Senate and House and the presideintial nominee make the case to get rid of Trump in the election.  After the Dems win in the fall of 2020; you can go after Trump in 2021.  You use the evidence gathered through all the investigations; as the basis of why Trump shouldn't be reelected.

The best way to get rid of Trump, is by voting him out in Nov. 2020.

If you think the GOP and their voters will care about what the Mueller report says, you're dreaming.  They will buy whatever excuse the Trump team says.  Of course Trump had to collude. He has to save us from the disaster of Hillary Clinton.  Trump must collude again, to save us from the Democratic nominee in 2020.  That is the mentality of the GOP voter.

You just hope once the evidence is out there, that majority in states that gets the Dem nominee to 270 happens. Enough voters vote for the Dem nominee to get to 270.

Other than voting him out and one thing that you can't mention, since the secret service would come knocking; that's the only way to get rid of Trump.

You have the hearings but you don't actually proceed with impeachment unless Trump's support in the GOP is cut in half.  IF it is cut in half, that means only 40% - 45% approval in the GOP.   That would mean a 55-%  - 60% disapproval; that and only what would get GOP senators to vote for conviction.

AS we are seeing in the budget battle, Nancy can keep Donald in check.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump will NEVER be convicted, after an impeachment.  Conviction requires 2/3 or 67 votes in the Senate.  Since the Dems have only 47, that will mean 20 Republicans would have to vote to convict.   Trump is at 80% to 90% approval among Republicans.  As long as his approval numbers within the GOP stay that high; there's no way GOP Senators vote to convict Trump.  The gOP only cares about keeping or aquiring power.  For those GOP Senators who are up for reelection in 2020 and even 2022; voting to convict & remove Trump from office would end their Senate careers.  That isn't happening.  The only GOP Senate who might vote to convict, would be those who just got elected/re-elected in 2018. There reelection would be 2024; the first post Trump election.

The Dems can impeach Donald anytime but proceeding with that; without any conviction could have the opposite effect.  It could supercharge the GOP and actually see Trump win reelection via the electoral college, regaining the House and keeping the Senate.

I think the best route is to have hearings on things not being investigate by Mueller now and then once the report comes out; investigate those things in the Mueller.  Gather your evidence and then have every single Democrat running for Senate and House and the presideintial nominee make the case to get rid of Trump in the election.  After the Dems win in the fall of 2020; you can go after Trump in 2021.  You use the evidence gathered through all the investigations; as the basis of why Trump shouldn't be reelected.

The best way to get rid of Trump, is by voting him out in Nov. 2020.

If you think the GOP and their voters will care about what the Mueller report says, you're dreaming.  They will buy whatever excuse the Trump team says.  Of course Trump had to collude. He has to save us from the disaster of Hillary Clinton.  Trump must collude again, to save us from the Democratic nominee in 2020.  That is the mentality of the GOP voter.

You just hope once the evidence is out there, that majority in states that gets the Dem nominee to 270 happens. Enough voters vote for the Dem nominee to get to 270.

Other than voting him out and one thing that you can't mention, since the secret service would come knocking; that's the only way to get rid of Trump.

You have the hearings but you don't actually proceed with impeachment unless Trump's support in the GOP is cut in half.  IF it is cut in half, that means only 40% - 45% approval in the GOP.   That would mean a 55-%  - 60% disapproval; that and only what would get GOP senators to vote for conviction.

AS we are seeing in the budget battle, Nancy can keep Donald in check.

I don't disagree, but how sad is this statement? We don't believe it is possible to find twenty GOP Senators who would be willing to stand against treason if it is proven.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

What a cuck! I expect him to say it's back on if right wing media keeps saying Nancy won.

Pelosi has really cowed him. He still doesn't have a nickname for her and after puffing his chest about the SOTU and saying he was going knock down the doors is now shuffling his feet and saying, "Yes, ma'am."

If only McConnell and Ryan had shown any backbone instead of letting Trump grow into an even worse monster, we'd still be in a terrible place because their policies stink, but it'd still be a far better one then we are dealing with now.

50 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Pelosi has really cowed him. He still doesn't have a nickname for her

Uh, wrong. He said yesterday "Nancy Pelosi - I call her.....NANCY..." 

Edit: I misquoted him. Fake news. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Dem congressional leaders are not in a compromising mood regarding Trump's wall. They describe it internally as a "monument to racism and hatred".

They need to sell him this "Virtual Wall" idea. Lets him say he won and save face - which is all he wants. And lets us get back to normal working. He knows he cant **** with Nancy, as he calls her. But his loser base can still feel like they are on top while the rest of the country sees what a compromise is and is not poor and dying. 

19 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Tell me with a straight face you dont think they have enough to get him out office while continuing the investigation. 

Short investigstion my ass, that's like counting how many seconds you got your hand on the stove, he is dismantaling the free world and in a dick measuring contest causing the longest shutdown in our history.  

If we weren't in a month long shut down with no end insight that for all we know might be intentional on his part, I'd agree with you.

I saw this screenshot on twitter and the quote, from a Sherlock Holmes fan's book The Moriarty Principle, I think pretty effectively describes why Mueller is taking his time.

DwrXIFbX4AEUqRk.jpg.6d9b31eac438486b040155a2013f5405.jpg

The scope of Mueller's report will likely shock all of us to our cores.  It will truly rock the very foundations of our political system, and send old institutions (GOP, NRA) crumbling to the ground.  But criminal charges are tough to prove.  Evidence must be beyond a reasonable doubt.  Any gap in evidence could lead to non-convictions.

I think Mueller's investigation, at this point, is bigger than Trump.  Whether he can nail Trump right now, maybe.  But taking care of one symptom of a virus doesn't cure it.

But I also realize that this shutdown is truly hurting millions of Americans.  I hope you're okay and I hope this shutdown ends soon for your and many others' sakes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Invisible walls are THE BEST. Much better than steel. Doesn’t rust. We are gonna build the best invisible wall and manga.

Im saying he can swing this and everyone wins. Dems should be pushing this more I think. Im worried they are more interested in looking like they beat him than compromising. But what they are doing is working as long as you forget about the people not getting paid. 

Today is the day to come with a compromise that is secretly a win and look like the adult in the room all at the same time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The democrats are, without a doubt, not interested in compromise. Trump does want compromise. 

Yeah, trump wants out of the shutdown he created for a wall he couldn't get when the GOP had everything. He's screwed by himself and wants out any way possible. LOL

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You trying to play me? Lol

No... the dems said they aren’t going to compromise till the government is open. 

2 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Yeah, trump wants out of the shutdown he created for a wall he couldn't get when the GOP had everything. He's screwed by himself and wants out any way possible. LOL

Thats true...

48 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The scope of Mueller's report will likely shock all of us to our cores.  It will truly rock the very foundations of our political system, and send old institutions (GOP, NRA) crumbling to the ground.  

Sadly, if the revelations that have come out so far have been met with "meh" by a huge portion of this country and our leaders then nothing else coming out is going to do any of those things. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No... the dems said they aren’t going to compromise till the government is open. 

*I learned how to post youtube clips with time stamps this morning so...yea...prepare yourselves*

So you just said they don't want to compromise...and then followed up with the conditions they asked for (a working government, the horror) under which they would compromise. I would argue this with you but honestly if you don't already see the error in that then there is no point. 

But being less of a dick they just passed in the house something that would open the government, and give 1.7 (i think) bill to boarder security - just not a wall. That is a compromise. The President just demands exactly what he wants when he wants it. And only that. And you care calling that a compromise lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1