Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Yeah, I saw him on at least two Sunday talk shows, responding to every single question by declaring that it is impossible to negotiate with people who always call people racists, think one dollar will pay for a wall, want to eliminate ICE, and say bad things about gassing children. 

I kept waiting for one of the hosts to ask if he was actually going to try to run with a position that it's impossible to negotiate with someone who's position consists entirely of calling people names. But they never did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah, I saw him on at least two Sunday talk shows, responding to every single question by declaring that it is impossible to negotiate with people who always call people racists, think one dollar will pay for a wall, want to eliminate ICE, and say bad things about gassing children. 

I kept waiting for one of the hosts to ask if he was actually going to try to run with a position that it's impossible to negotiate with someone who's position consists entirely of calling people names. But they never did. 

The media often misses the opportunity to ask really tough questions that challenges the guests. Having said that, Graham would have whined like the baby he’s become if he was asked a tough question.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The media often misses the opportunity to ask really tough questions that challenges the guests. Having said that, Graham would have whined like the baby he’s become if he was asked a tough question.

This is the problem I have with most media personalities, they just let the guests ramble on and on without calling them out for their immoral, plain stupid, and untrue statements. We saw the fruition of this pattern in 2016 grow to absurd levels.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

This is the problem I have with most media personalities, they just the guests ramble on and on without calling them out for their immoral, plain stupid, and untrue statements. We saw the fruition of this pattern in 2016 grow to absurd levels.

The media is supposed to step in to clarify what the government can't or won't and they have failed us for the most part, at least in regards to major US news channels.  

That's not their intent anymore, it does feel like what's good for ratings matter more, they've tapped into this anger and feel if they don't provide it their audience will go elsewhere to get it.  Is it for their own survival? Is it worth it?  Cats like NY Times, Washington Post, @visionary and individual reports going doing their best to present the facts of what's actually happening.  

1st Amendment Rights of the Press need to be reviewed, that shouldn't get that level of protection if they aren't using it for what it was meant for.  Sort of like a megachurch and their multi-millionare pastor having tax exemptions.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

1st Amendment Rights of the Press need to be reviewed, that shouldn't get that level of protection if they aren't using it for what it was meant for.  Sort of like a megachurch and their multi-millionare pastor having tax exemptions

You should make this the focus of your campaign when you run from POTUS.  Probably get my vote.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Corporate controlled media isn’t designed to question the wealthy or elected leaders unless a juicy scandal happens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

When even the GOP run media can't stand your lies anymore...the wall is doa.

I've always thought of the Fox News crew, Chris Wallace seems the most rational.   He did a fantastic job moderating the Presidential debate (which he received praise from just about everybody on both sides of the aisle), and he calls out both sides when they are being stupid, and praises both sides when they are not being stupid. 

He has a point of view, which I often don't agree with, but he's not a nut job. At least not most of the time.

I can't say I'm a fan, but it's going to be up to folks like him, who are rational conservatives to win back enough of the GOP to put a stop to the madness.

Which clearly means he'll be off the air in about 3 months.

• Like 4

On 1/5/2019 at 8:21 PM, Renegade7 said:

Anyone else nervous he'll try martial law right after declaring a national emergency if he does go that far?

I wouldn't put anything past him.  I'm not really nervous about it actually working, though.  I don't think even the GOP controlled Senate would go along with it, nor the Supreme Court, nor the Military.  Fox News might.  Maybe not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I just saw a commercial on CNN for support for Trump's border wall approved by Trump.....has any other president done this before? I don't remember Obama creating commercials asking for Americans to call Congress in support of the ACA

Well, Obama didn't have to because the Dems had majorities in both houses.

Obama did run a few adds here and there (I believe) around the debt ceiling crisis stuff. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I just saw a commercial on CNN for support for Trump's border wall approved by Trump.....has any other president done this before? I don't remember Obama creating commercials asking for Americans to call Congress in support of the ACA

This is what I meant with my post regarding corporate media.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, visionary said:

And you GOTTA click and read the whole thing. The full text is : "He said the reason the wall price was going up was because of an increase in customer utilization of the border. Customer demand, he said, results in overruns"

"increase in customer utilization"   :ols:   It literally sounds like a bright eyed and bushy tailed first year MBA student trying to show off his knowledge after his first semester of classes.