Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Yeah ok lol.  They could have passed this in the first two years of his administration but somehow wait til the democrats take one house to "blame" them. If you don't understand this is a game, ive got news for you

He's treatimg people's economic stability as a game. He's a dick.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I wonder how much of the public that doesn't really pay attention will see this as trump making a reasonable offer and it being shot before it was even announced?  I bet a large amount.

Yeah, I'm guessing that was the point of the so called offer, targeting low-information voters.  Dems have to hit back with something that fits on a bumper sticker (which is a true testament to the sad state of US politics).  Either "We won't negotiate while you hold the federal government hostage" or "We'll give you $50 billion for border security (but not a dime for a wall)" may work.  

9 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

If Trump is serious about a "negotiation" he reopens the government.

Still a first step and Dems should acknowledge that... not a fan of Dems straight up saying "no".

How is it a first step? It’s not a serious proposal.

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I wonder how much of the public that doesn't really pay attention will see this as trump making a reasonable offer and it being shot before it was even announced?  I bet a large amount.

This won’t move the needle one iota. The Dems response has been sound. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

...mcconnell.....what a filthy slimeball scumbucket

He is the epitome of a filthy politician and the embodiment of everything wrong with our system.

Also, doesn’t really sound like Trump offered much at all.  Seems like he’s offering something that costs him nothing in exchange for a 5 mil border wall.  Not much of a “deal” if you ask me.

Plus, Americans voted in Dems by a large margin in part because they DIDN’T WANT A STUPID WALL.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Here's Trump's problem(s).  He explicitly "took the mantle" of this shutdown. Incredibly stupid, but there it is. His supporters will dismiss that. The 53+% who disapprove of his job performance won't. Second. more than 50% disapprove of him, and at this point less than 40% approve. These are pretty hard numbers. He can't win me over with one speech. Well, honestly it would take about a year of him acting like a decent human to approach winning me over, don't see that happening. Last he risks losing the Ann Coulters of the world even with a disingenuous offer like the one he made tonight. He's painted himself into a corner. 

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Here's Trump's problem(s).  He explicitly "took the mantle" of this shutdown. Incredibly stupid, but there it is. His supporters will dismiss that. The 53+% who disapprove of his job performance won't. Second. more than 50% disapprove of him, and at this point less than 40% approve. These are pretty hard numbers. He can't win me over with one speech. Well, honestly it would take about a uear of him acting like a decent human to approach winning me over, don't see that happening. Last he risks losing the Ann Coulters of the world even with a disingenuous offer like the one he made tonight. He's painted himself into a corner. 

Problem with this is the people posting in this thread aren't low information voters.  Those are the ones who might have the needle moved.

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Problem with this is the people posting in this thread aren't low information voters.  Those are the ones who might have the needle moved.

You are counting on low info voters getting a very specific piece of info delivered on a Saturday, and nothing else. 

I’m a politics jumkie, I didnt watch his thing today. Just now getting highlights, which includes both sides. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Den bumper sticker- secure ports before walls.

Keep it simple. Identify bigger problem, and then ask why they want expensive walls that don't solve the real issues. Follow-up: why did you close government for a sub par solution at best.

Edited by gbear
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

man these trump gopers  are the slimiest things i've ever seen

41 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

you need to get out more.......

...... They're still the slimiest things you've ever seen. You just won't see them as much. 

• Haha 1

Argument is easy for the Dems. 

Open the government and pay its employees or no negotiations. 

Say that until people hear it in their sleep. Makes it seem like the GOP doesnt want to pay people. Makes it seem like the Dems do. Easy and the GOP would do it given the opportunity. Hell they still might. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1