Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

I disagree with canceling SOTU. Think it's petty, grandstanding, and an incredible break from our nation's norms. 

And before somebody points it out, OK, maybe it's not as bad as the shutdown. But two wrongs, and all that. 

The SOTU has not been cancelled. The President has been disinvited from going to Congress to read it. He can still write it and Pelosi welcomed him to hand it in.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

I disagree with canceling SOTU. Think it's petty, grandstanding, and an incredible break from our nation's norms. 

And before somebody points it out, OK, maybe it's not as bad as the shutdown. But two wrongs, and all that. 

I also think it's a step over, technically. We are now operating in such a uniquely petty realm with the Petty banner being flown from the executive branch, that some flexing can be forgiven here and there, at least by myself.

I won't dispute those who condemn her for this but I won't condemn her yet. Ultimately all she's doing is chafing him to get the government re-opened so I see a greater good here. It's a trap. If he wants his sweet 16, he's going to have to clean his room.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I also think it's a step over, technically. We are now operating in such a uniquely petty realm with the Petty banner being flown from the executive branch, that some flexing can be forgiven here and there, at least by myself.

I won't dispute those who condemn her for this but I won't condemn her yet. Ultimately all she's doing is chafing him to get the government re-opened so I see a greater good here. It's a trap. If he wants his sweet 16, he's going to have to clean his room.

The other thing is, when dealing with a bully you have to stand tough. If you give in initially that bully is going to get worse and worse. Pelosi is in the infancy of her Speakership. She can't afford to be spineless. She has to stand up to him. If she doesn't he will get more and more monstrous. We've already seen his trespasses grow worse with each month in part because the GOP majority is unwilling to stand up to him on any issue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The dude is a Russian spy who really gives a **** I mean get a grip

Yall really think people are gonna look back and be like "THAT was the day everything changed in Russ - The United States" Lol

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

There is no requirement for the President to make a nationally televised speech

The Constituition calls for far less. I would like to see is return to a simple letter to Congress 

I don't think the president is capable of stringing enough sentences together to be able to write a coherent letter.  Hell, he can't even write coherent tweets.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Larry said:

Uh, I'm pretty sure that we have had barriers for at least a decade (probably more than one) where I think "wall" is the correct label. In some places, like where cities push right up against the border. (I think San Diego is one of them?)

Looked online and it would appear as though you were correct. I'm almost never wrong about this sort of thing so I'll just say that I'm thoroughly impressed with how quickly you put those fake websites up and got them to number one on the google search results.

• Haha 1

**** Trump and his "state of the Union"

Here it is in a nutshell:

Lie

Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again.

Breathe (loudly, through the nose so as to keep the powdered ritalin going.)

Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. Lie again. 

**** him. Why give him the pulpit to do exactly what we know he will do?
lie, divide, gaslight, misinform, and attempt to further Russian interests.

State of the Union: A Russian stooge in our president and he is blatantly working to further Russian interests. 30% of our nation supports him doing it. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Bang said:

**** Trump and his "state of the Union"

Here it is in a nutshell:

Lie

State of the Union: A Russian stooge in our president and he is blatantly working to further Russian interests. 30% of our nation supports him doing it. 

~Bang

Accurate.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/entertainment/cardi-b-government-shutdown-trnd/index.html

I can't believe we're in a place where elected officials are debating whether or not to RT a Cardi B rant about the shutdown.  

And the one Senator who tweeted "OMG, I had the same argument with myself 30 minutes ago!" like a teenager...just get the **** right out.

I hate everybody.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Now Trump's economic advisor, hassert, is telling fed furloughed employees to talk to their supervisor for help getting a loan? How am I supposed to help?

What's more, while furloughed, I am not supposed to do anything job related.  The employees whom I supervise have no supevisor to ask for help during the shutdown. I think the most charitable assessment I can give for this advise is that it is based on real abstract theory with little practical application in the real world due to how the furlough is actually implemented. For now I will just hope my employees dont expect miracles from me.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

One question I saw that was interesting regarding the Pelosi SOTU business.  I'm pretty sure none of us know the answer but it's fun to discuss.

What if Trump says F it and goes to Congress anyways?  Do they attempt to not let him in?  Do DC police get involved and have to go as far as arresting people for trespassing?  Does Secret Service have to pick a side?  Does Trump try to call up a small amount of National Guard to help him get in?  Like WTF would even happen if he tried something like that?

It's just the type of power play I could see him try.

Capitol Hill Police would block the entrance to the chamber. When he tries to push his way past, officers would restrain him physically while Secret Sevice agents, who’ve been working for a month woithout pay to protect his slimy ass, stand by and smirk. 

Officers frog walk him and then drag him out of the Capitol and, ironically, as his feet bounce along the marble floor, it aggravates bone spurs in his heels, which become infected. The infection spreads, leading to his agonizing death. 

Im not bitter though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Its not petty to stop him from doing that when he has shut down the government. If anything its patriotic. 

I will note she lied to justify it. 

You sound like some other people I know :ols:

8 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I don't know where her road goes, but I like her more and more.

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Capitol Hill Police would block the entrance to the chamber. When he tries to push his way past, officers would restrain him physically while Secret Sevice agents, who’ve been working for a month woithout pay to protect his slimy ass, stand by and smirk. 

Officers frog walk him and then drag him out of the Capitol and, ironically, as his feet bounce along the marble floor, it aggravates bone spurs in his heels, which become infected. The infection spreads, leading to his agonizing death. 

Im not bitter though. 

Better yet, Capitol police shout "Freeze! I said Freeze!" and then moments later... I kid. I kid. I think.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bang said:

Lie

How did you manage to get an advanced copy of the speech so far ahead of time? Impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/entertainment/cardi-b-government-shutdown-trnd/index.html

I can't believe we're in a place where elected officials are debating whether or not to RT a Cardi B rant about the shutdown.  

And the one Senator who tweeted "OMG, I had the same argument with myself 30 minutes ago!" like a teenager...just get the **** right out.

I hate everybody.

Except Cardi B, I hope. At least she spoke the truth. Uncensored as it was.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, twa said:

I will note she lied to justify it. 

Honestly asking, what was the lie? 

14 minutes ago, twa said:

You sound like some other people I know :ols:

I would tell you what you often sound like but I like it here lol

• Haha 3