Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

More shutdown polling:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/14/shutdown-extends-trump-losing-support-white-working-class-voters/?utm_term=.ae5e066b292a

As shutdown extends, Trump losing support of white working-class voters

It has been said that the voting bloc President Trump cares about most — or maybe even cares only about — is his base. And while Trump won the support of certain voting blocs generally viewed as part of his base, such as white evangelicals and older Americans, few groups are viewed as being more synonymous with Trump’s base than white working-class voters.

Trump’s approval rating has dropped to 37 percent, according to the latest CNN poll, which reported:

The increase in disapproval for the President comes primarily among whites without college degrees, 45% of whom approve and 47% disapprove, marking the first time his approval rating with this group has been underwater in CNN polling since February 2018. In December, his approval rating with whites who have not received a four-year degree stood at 54%, with 39% disapproving.”

Of all the ****ty things Trump has done, this is causing a rift in the love affair between Trump and his base?  What the actual ****?

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

More shutdown polling:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/14/shutdown-extends-trump-losing-support-white-working-class-voters/?utm_term=.ae5e066b292a

As shutdown extends, Trump losing support of white working-class voters

Of all the ****ty things Trump has done, this is causing a rift in the love affair between Trump and his base?  What the actual ****?

Might be a tipping point moment. Even the most politically disengaged people might be getting the idea that Trump and the GOP by extension have zero good ideas that benefit the public and make the country better. 

Border security being an existential national emergency is exclusively a play for the dip**** racist buffoons who are afraid of colored people. It’s amazing that Trump has decided to make this his rallying issue after “TEH CARAVANN!!!111!1!1!1!” was a massive failure in 2018. 

The Trump turd is no longer new and shiny. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Might be a tipping point moment. Even the most politically disengaged people might be getting the idea that Trump and the GOP by extension have zero good ideas that benefit the public and make the country better. 

Border security being an existential national emergency is exclusively a play for the dip**** racist buffoons who are afraid of colored people. It’s amazing that Trump has decided to make this his rallying issue after “TEH CARAVANN!!!111!1!1!1!” was a massive failure in 2018. 

The Trump turd is no longer new and shiny. 

I just can't believe that is true.  Trump has done an incredible amount of awful stuff during the past 2 years and there is a huge amount of evidence that he is literally a Russian asset and he gave a trillion dollar tax cut to rich people (not his base) and he's a godless Manhattanite and the list of why Trump and his base are not kindred spirits goes on for a shockingly long time.  I cannot believe that a few weeks of a partial government shutdown, which mainly impacts the DC area and its hated east-coast elites, is the thing that breaks the bond here.  It makes less sense than ****ing Qanon.  

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I just can't believe that is true.  Trump has done an incredible amount of awful stuff during the past 2 years and there is a huge amount of evidence that he is literally a Russian asset and he gave a trillion dollar tax cut to rich people (not his base) and he's a godless Manhattanite and the list of why Trump and his base are not kindred spirits goes on for a shockingly long time.  I cannot believe that a few weeks of a partial government shutdown, which mainly impacts the DC area and its hated east-coast elites, is the thing that breaks the bond here.  It makes less sense than ****ing Qanon.  

I kind of agree with you and mostly just examining “why”. 

I deleted my twitter account and frequent this website a lot less than last so my intake of political stuff has gone down a lot recently. 

At times I’ve found myself disconnected to what’s going. And I say this as someone with subscriptions to WP, NYT, WSJ, the Economist and Wired. 

I can imagine that a good chunk of people probably just didn’t pay close enough attention to realize how awful Trump and the GOP really are.

Government shutdowns are a display of full on political incompetence. But when the government literally isn’t functioning, that might catch people’s attention. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4

Trump supporters truly believe that Democrats care more about illegals (and helping them come into the country to vote) than border security and American citizens. This is a real bit of crazy that exists and it’s not going away cause of Russia. People don’t like to admit to being wrong in anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, this shutdown, which started under full GOP control, is a complete failure to govern by the Trump administration.  I think reasonable people can all agree on that.  I just don't think Trump's base has ever been reasonable when it comes to assessing Trump's actions.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yes, this shutdown, which started under full GOP control, is a complete failure to govern by the Trump administration.  I think reasonable people can all agree on that.  I just don't think Trump's base has ever been reasonable when it comes to assessing Trump's actions.  

Make no mistake, the GOP supporters blame either the Democrats entirely or try to say its both sides. 

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

People don’t like to admit to being wrong in anyway. 

Not only that...but the crazier/weirder Trump gets, the farther away they get from reality.  And the harder it gets for them to come back to sanity.

Thats how the whole Fascism/Cult of Personality things works.  And it works extremely well.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Make no mistake, the GOP supporters blame either the Democrats entirely or try to say its both sides. 

That's what I thought too, but it's only 2/3 that believe that according to the polling.  That's way less than I thought it would be.  

image.png.e9d48cb397260d6bf7154a4c8df1a10d.png

Heres the thing, what happens at the end of January?

W2s go out, people start filing or borrowing against returns or do their yearly IRS tapdance, and none of that happens with the tantrum shutdown going on.

That's gonna tie knots in some WalMart panties, so much of the rest happens at a distance to someone else somewhere else and it's easy to hold dumbass opinions, but when you start ****ing with actual money not hittin peoples palm? Gonna be rage in the doublewides...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Heres the thing, what happens at the end of January?

W2s go out, people start filing or borrowing against returns or do their yearly IRS tapdance, and none of that happens with the tantrum shutdown going on.

That's gonna tie knots in some WalMart panties, so much of the rest happens at a distance to someone else somewhere else and it's easy to hold dumbass opinions, but when you start ****ing with actual money not hittin peoples palm? Gonna be rage in the doublewides...

Rather it be tax refunds then food stamps

Edited by Renegade7

12 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

One explanation might be that they are losing faith in his wall rhetoric. I mean this "you can call it what you want," etc combined with the increasing likelihood that he won't get funding is a pretty stark contrast to "it'll be so easy" Trump.

Add Farmers are likely to be getting pissed too, for numerous reasons.

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That's what I thought too, but it's only 2/3 that believe that according to the polling.  That's way less than I thought it would be.  

image.png.e9d48cb397260d6bf7154a4c8df1a10d.png

Okay, I think I'm onto something. 67% of Republicans support a wall, but only 37% of men overall and only 27% of women overall support a wall. That suggests that Republicans are neither men or women. What is this Republican Party made up of?!

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Okay, I think I'm onto something. 67% of Republicans support a wall, but only 37% of men overall and only 27% of women overall support a wall. That suggests that Republicans are neither men or women. What is this Republican Party made up of?!

Aliens.