Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The more I think about it, the Democrat rebuttal shouldn’t just rebut Trump’s remarks tomorrow, they should do a comprehensive takedown of the entire Trump administration to date. It will take 2 hours, but when else is a Dem going to get airtime on every network right after Trump?  It will be an amazing way to make Trump’s contrived spectacle backfire in epic fashion.  Ted Lieu should do it, that guy is great at brutal but hilarious. 

I've been saying the same thing as I think all of this "wall" BS is just Trump picking a fight because he needs his waning supporters to focus on a shiny object and ignore his failures of which there are many. Any Democrat doing a rebuttal should absolutely point out how Trump campaigned for3 weeks on the caravan and the Republicans still lost 40 House seats including turning AZ blue for the first time in 30+ years. The voters basically told Trump to shove the wall up his ass. After that spend the rest of the rebuttal focusing on how Trump and Republicans are avoiding issues Americans care about. Mention how he and the GOP whiffed and quit on healthcare after ****ing about it for 7 years and Trump's super-terrific cheaper healthcare plan that was supposed to be "easy" to pass has been MIA. Go after him about the Republican's hypocrisy on fiscal responsibility that went out the window with the tax cuts and how debt is ballooning at levels not seen since the recession, even while the country is near full employment. Mention how the steel/aluminum tariffs have made life harder for U.S. businesses, auto manufacturers posting 1 billion dollar losses due to increased material costs, factories closing, the farmer bailouts which could have funded Trump's wall 2x, the uncertainty in the market, etc. Point out the result of Trump's trade war (that was also supposed to be "easy" to win) so far is a 10 year high trade deficit with China. Make him own this stuff and and put him on defense instead of letting him set the narrative. Point out how every time he fails he needs a fight to distract.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AJ* said:

I've been saying the same thing as I think all of this "wall" BS is just Trump picking a fight because he needs his waning supporters to focus on a shiny object and ignore his failures of which there are many. Any Democrat doing a rebuttal should absolutely point out how Trump campaigned for3 weeks on the caravan and the Republicans still lost 40 House seats including turning AZ blue for the first time in 30+ years. The voters basically told Trump to shove the wall up his ass. After that spend the rest of the rebuttal focusing on how Trump and Republicans are avoiding issues Americans care about. Mention how he and the GOP whiffed and quit on healthcare after ****ing about it for 7 years and Trump's super-terrific cheaper healthcare plan that was supposed to be "easy" to pass has been MIA. Go after him about the Republican's hypocrisy on fiscal responsibility that went out the window with the tax cuts and how debt is ballooning at levels not seen since the recession, even while the country is near full employment. Mention how the steel/aluminum tariffs have made life harder for U.S. businesses, auto manufacturers posting 1 billion dollar losses due to increased material costs, factories closing, the farmer bailouts which could have funded Trump's wall 2x, the uncertainty in the market, etc. Point out the result of Trump's trade war (that was also supposed to be "easy" to win) so far is a 10 year high trade deficit with China. Make him own this stuff and and put him on defense instead of letting him set the narrative. Point out how every time he fails he needs a fight to distract.

Exactly.  

45 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So I know the Dems are asking networks for equal time in order to offer a response. Any word on the networks taking them up on the offer?  I would assume MSNBC & CNN will air a response.

CNN has said they will.  Not sure about others.  

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/424258-democrats-demand-air-time-to-counter-trumps-border-speech

Trumps is like why didn't anybody tell me about declaring an emergency before???  He's for sure doing this.  If he can get it to stand in court which it sounds like he has a shot at he can do whatever the **** he wants.  His dream come true.  What a mess.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Trumps is like why didn't anybody tell me about declaring an emergency before???  He's for sure doing this.  If he can get it to stand in court which it sounds like he has a shot at he can do whatever the **** he wants.  His dream come true.  What a mess.  

Only hope is that it’s tied up in courts until he’s out of office.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Only hope is that it’s tied up in courts until he’s out of office.

I just could see a lower court say hell NO. Then an appeal directly to Supreme Court because of the importance, once there all bets are off because that court is packed with some jurist itching to support Trump and screw those libtards.  I don't have a good feeling about this.  Is there anyone left that will say no? This is crazy. I feel like I'm in Venezuela or something.  

Edited by HOF44

3 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

I just could see a lower court say hell NO. Then an appeal directly to Supreme Court because of the importance, once there all bets are off because that court is packed with some jurist itching to support Trump and crew those libtards.  I don't have a good feeling about this.  Is there anyone left that will say no? This is crazy. I feel like I'm in Venezuela or something.  

If he finishes his term he may put another Judge in there too. Think about that ****. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, HOF44 said:

I just could see a lower court say hell NO. Then an appeal directly to Supreme Court because of the importance, once there all bets are off because that court is packed with some jurist itching to support Trump.  I don't have a good feeling about this.  Is there anyone left that will say no? This is crazy. I feel like I'm in Venezuela or something.  

Whether the right-wing SCOTUS majority will go along with a Presidential power grab will be interesting.  Keep in mind that they were all basically hand-picked by the Federalist Society, whose self-stated mission is:

"To promote the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be."

https://fedsoc.org/about-us

fun watching pence getting skewered across multiple networks for his latest "i'm a blatant liar too" tour this a.m.

remember how in the early days some folks spent time "trying to figure" whether hucksan or pence, uberxtians they be, were actually, knowingly, lying at times in this admin or not and maybe were juts always being put in "bad spots" by our ****-for-brains vermin potus?....lately the christian and republican brands are taking hits as hard as ivanka and don's fine product lines

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So when will actual Republicans stand up to this clown?

The actual Republicans are long gone.

The brain dead traitors still left behind will never change their minds until they are told what to change it to.

They simply haven't got the brains or the self respect to see it any other way.

Completely without honor, devoid of the intelligence that might produce shame.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

The actual Republicans are long gone.

The brain dead traitors still left behind will never change their minds until they are told what to change it to.

They simply haven't got the brains or the self respect to see it any other way.

Completely without honor, devoid of the intelligence that might produce shame.

~Bang

People that think this will end with Trump are kidding themselves.  The House GOP is getting replaced by mini-Trumps, Dems have to plug as many loopholes when they get back in power as they can before the next one shows up on a presidential ticket, which will at this rate be 2024.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So when will actual Republicans stand up to this clown?

The Republican party is like an abused spouse. Everyone tells them to leave - people offer beds and legal advice and escape routes, but there they are, saying he's going to change.

And just like the abusive husband, hopefully it ends in handcuffs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

"I thought he was going to do good things"

Wow

What really blows me about this is that "Hes not hurting the people hes supposed to hurt" part. Like, you voted for a guy to be President, not because you thought he would help you. But because you thought he would hurt the people you dont like. And even after you were hurt by this you dont see the error in that. How ****ed up are these people, really? 

Please like that I dont think deserve to be in existence. 

• Like 1