Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BitCoin falling like a Dotcom

26 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I disagree its not an issue - I am constantly surprised by transactions showing up on my account for no reason.   And I have no direct ability to turn them off except at the whim of my bank who always says to talk to the merchant first.  That means I don't have direct control over my bank account and people who have my CC# can constantly nickel and dime me.

Are you sure you aren’t sleep ordering things or something? I’ve had maybe one items that wasn’t legit in my life and I didn’t have any issues with the bank. 

Now some companies deliberately make it difficult to cancel subscriptions. 

• Like 1

We’ve talked about some of the applications in making payments easier, but the middlemen could still own a big portion of that market by reducing fees and providing better ease of use/guarantees in countries where there is trust in central authorities.

The crypto assets area is important though. Folks who don’t want to collect physical assets still want unique digital works of art or other digital assets,  and the asset creators could benefit from controlling licensing, ongoing resale, royalties etc. 

ETH is favored to enable these types of assets.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, tshile said:

That... is not a problem I’ve had or heard of before. 

except where someone’s card info is stolen and it’s never reported/changed 

I signed up for MLB.TV last year as I was out of market for the Orioles,  little did I know there's apparently some automatically renewal and they dropped a nice fat $100 charge just before the season begin, which I got zero notification for and only noticed on my statment. 

I did just recently get it reverted, however its a pain to think I have to constantly check my statements and remember everything I every signed up for. 

Then there's this $20 renters insurance payment I paid like a few extra months for because it was difficult to cancel. 

I would sooner just be able to verify every payment through my cell phone and be done with it.   I would setup a small crypto account and pay out of that, and occassionally transfer money into it from my bank.  

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I signed up for MLB.TV last year as I was out of market for the Orioles,  little did I know there's apparently some automatically renewal and they dropped a nice fat $100 charge just before the season begin, which I got zero notification for and only noticed on my statment. 

I did just recently get it reverted, however its a pain to think I have to constantly check my statements and remember everything I every signed up for. 

Then there's this $20 renters insurance payment I paid like a few extra months for because it was difficult to cancel. 

I would sooner just be able to verify every payment through my cell phone and be done with it.   I would setup a small crypto account and pay out of that, and occassionally transfer money into it from my bank.  

Forgetting to cancel your subscriptions on time is not an indictment of the existing financial system. Plus, this is super easy to reverse. I’ve done it like four times already this year and spent no more than 5 minutes total. Lol

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, skinswillwin06 said:

I've had a bunch of verge just sitting in a wallet since the crash in 2017. Keep buying it please :)

Verge!!!!

up 40% on the day!

LFG!!!!!!!!! **** that stupid dog!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It's all about the ETC now. Dog is so yesterday.

Isn't Doggie supposed to go crazy after the car guy appears on SNL this weekend?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MrSilverMaC said:

Does anyone have any experience/feedback on gate.io?

You must be new here because the collective knowledge about all things related to crypto on this thread is slightly above

johncreilygif.gif

Edited by Hersh
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Hersh said:

You must be new here because the collective knowledge about crypto on this thread is slightly above

johncreilygif.gif

New to the thread, certainly. Lol. Though I just started reading the beginning of it to see if an answer might have already been given.

Volsmet wasn’t being very nice at the beginning, I’m trying to see if that gets better later on.

4 minutes ago, MrSilverMaC said:

New to the thread, certainly. Lol. Though I just started reading the beginning of it to see if an answer might have already been given.

Volsmet wasn’t being very nice at the beginning, I’m trying to see if that gets better later on.

We are all jealous of his yacht and lambos now. It's all good. We are all just having a bit of fun with crypto investing and trying to learn more. I think the majority in here are skeptical of the real world applications while a few really believe in it.  We all we recognize it's a vehicle to potentially make some money before losing it all in an epic crash. 😅

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

We are all jealous of his yacht and lambos now. It's all good. We are all just having a bit of fun with crypto investing and trying to learn more. I think the majority in here are skeptical of the real world applications while a few really believe in it.  We all we recognize it's a vehicle to potentially make some money before losing it all in an epic crash. 😅

Lol, fair enough.

21 minutes ago, MrSilverMaC said:

Lol, fair enough.

Definitely share your opinions and knowledge here. All are welcome. 

2 hours ago, MrSilverMaC said:

Oh you’re in for a surprise!

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Here’s an example of NFTs.

Jesse Frohman who did the last photo shoot with Nirvana. Selling 100+ images and the current bid is 50 ETH.

https://nft.jessefrohman.com/the-last-session

Some pretty cool photos in that collection. Someone is willing to pay $170k to own it.

I have to say that NFTs are a huge waste of money and energy. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I have to say that NFTs are a huge waste of money and energy. 

Why? Giving the artist/creator and the customer better control over assets versus relying on middlemen to take an oversized cut.

People pay enormous sums for physical arts of work when they can get a copy for much less which is indistinguishable from the original.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Why? Giving the artist/creator and the customer better control over assets versus relying on middlemen to take an oversized cut.

People pay enormous sums for physical arts of work when they can get a copy for much less which is indistinguishable from the original.

Someone paid almost $3 million for Jack's first tweet. Something that will forever be on the internet. Someone wants to buy some digital art, that's fine, but the NFT world is a lot of really dumb ****. Like NFTs that are just sports highlights. 

Edited by Hersh
4 hours ago, Hersh said:

Someone paid almost $3 million for Jack's first tweet. Something that will forever be on the internet. Someone wants to buy some digital art, that's fine, but the NFT world is a lot of really dumb ****. Like NFTs that are just sports highlights. 

Surely there's a market for the HershCoin where people can own a piece of you. 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Surely there's a market for the HershCoin where people can own a piece of you. 

So many directions this could go 😂

• Haha 2