Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BitCoin falling like a Dotcom

joeken24

My coworker has invested in bitcoin and he is actually making money off of it. Not a ton, but the value keeps rising.  I don't know enough about it to speak confidently, but he has showed me his investment portfolio on it so I know he isn't lying.

12 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

My coworker has invested in bitcoin and he is actually making money off of it. Not a ton, but the value keeps rising.  I don't know enough about it to speak confidently, but he has showed me his investment portfolio on it so I know he isn't lying.

The value will keep rising, until it plummets again.  It's value is entirely based on people's perception of it's value.  As its nominal value increases, more and more people will want it, further raising the value, then some group will decide it's overvalued and time to sell, and the bottom will drop out again.  I made several thousand dollars off of BitCoin in 2014.  I still think it's a scam, I just happened to get in early, which made me effectively an early investor in a Ponzi scheme.*

When I was a very junior lawyer, I was asked by my financial services law firm to investigate whether developing expertise in blockchain would translate into a profitable practice area for the firm.  The conclusion was no.  At its heart, a blockchain is a transparent but secure record of transactions, like a traditional ledger where the public has read-only access.  It's a solution in need of a problem.  

*BitCoin is not a Ponzi scheme, although some of the other virtual currencies have been. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

My friends are and have been making money off the various crypto currencies. 

The real issue is the people who seem to suggest that it’s definitely the way of the future and that you’ll definitely make money long term. 

Blockchain is going to be around for a while. It appears to be a great technology. It has a lot of possibilities. 

Crypto currency is neat and has a purpose and it’ll see where it goes. It will alway have an audience for people who want to hide moving money (drugs for example)

tying those two together to mean that crypto currencies are the inevitable future and the other crap they say is where things get sketchy. 

The people who are like that probably live in the cross section of a VD with people who use the term “fiat money”, talk about us needing to go back to the gold standard, and being heavy into crypto.

Their opinions should be thoroughly scrutinized. Many of them have no idea what they’re talking about. 

It's definitely the way of the future.

Blockchain in and of itself is really nothing special. It's a buzzword that is tossed around. 

Bitcoin is a long term store of value. 

Global debt continues to increase, new money is being printed worldwide, further decreasing the value of fiat. The chickens will come to roost. Bitcoin is going to look very attractive then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Bitcoin: the cryptocurrency where bored 1%ers spend time manipulating the market to make their money grow larger while regular people invest small fortunes hoping to catch the next whale ride.

How many months has bitcoin gone down? 

AnguishedGrimyFox-max-1mb.gif

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't know enough about it to speak confidently, but he has showed me his investment portfolio on it so I know he isn't lying.

All you need to know is what I share.

3 hours ago, tshile said:

My friends are and have been making money off the various crypto currencies. 

The real issue is the people who seem to suggest that it’s definitely the way of the future and that you’ll definitely make money long term. 

Blockchain is going to be around for a while. It appears to be a great technology. It has a lot of possibilities. 

Crypto currency is neat and has a purpose and it’ll see where it goes. It will alway have an audience for people who want to hide moving money (drugs for example)

tying those two together to mean that crypto currencies are the inevitable future and the other crap they say is where things get sketchy. 

The people who are like that probably live in the cross section of a VD with people who use the term “fiat money”, talk about us needing to go back to the gold standard, and being heavy into crypto.

Their opinions should be thoroughly scrutinized. Many of them have no idea what they’re talking about. 

Blockchain/hashgraph. To suggest it’s primary focus is hiding money displays a grotesque lack of knowledge on the topic. 

2 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

It's definitely the way of the future.

Blockchain in and of itself is really nothing special. It's a buzzword that is tossed around. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Yes

Definitely listen to the people with no background in economics, computer science, mathematics, finance, or investing running around with big rants on crypto currency. Because they're certainly not out of their depth.

Their 4 year degree in communications has prepared them for making accurate risk assessments on investing in new technology

Good advice, listen to me instead, if you like money.

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The number of ESers in this thread familiar with hashgraph, 1, me. Read more, give less advice, leave the advice sharing to me.

Not a single one of your posts in this thread indicates that you know anything about the topic, other than the names of some companies in the space.

I invite everyone to go back and read the depth of knowledge you have so far displayed.  It will not take long.   

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not a single one of your posts in this thread indicates that you know anything about the topic, other than the names of some companies in the space.

I invite everyone to go back and read the depth of knowledge you have so far displayed.  It will not take long.   

****....and I just pulled out all the money in my 401k and bought bitcoin with it

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Global debt continues to increase, new money is being printed worldwide, further decreasing the value of fiat. The chickens will come to roost. Bitcoin is going to look very attractive then. 

A currency that fluctuates wildly on a daily basis will never, ever replace our current system, even if it fails.

And if our current system ever collapses, you’ll be using sticks and stones. “The collapse of society was salvaged by BitCoin” is some dopey low grade Sci-fi novel bs.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You don’t know the difference between which acronyms represent companies & which reflect a technology, obviously. Your straw man arguments may work for the obtuse ESer, but you’ve shared absolutely nothing that displays any hint of knowledge about the space. I’ve responded to what’s here, ignorance, and I’ve given people who are out of their depth a few things to pay attention to, scarecrow.

I deposit your IQ into the commode daily, my friend.

34 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

****....and I just pulled out all the money in my 401k and bought bitcoin with it

Hilariously, those who advised ESers to get out were wrong, but in Jonestown reality is not pertinent. 

14 hours ago, volsmet said:

Facebook jumping into crypto, it’s probably not dying any time soon. Silly ES experts - adorable thread, btc nearing 10k. 

Projects you’ll want to invest in:

ltc

eth

xrp

qnt

link

Hedera

algorand

ada

Elixxir

Hedera is a phenomenal project, you can get free hbars participating in some simple exercises online with them. Quantum is available to purchase now, it’s got as much growth potential as any. Xrp is being integrated with MoneyGram & more banks are on the way, ltc has a halving coming up in less than 2 months. Overledger - hashgraph - r3 - Hyperledger - ilp - dlt - polysign - cobalt the future nears as Libra is set to introduce the world to crypto.

Don’t listen to the goobers that initiated the thread, they are out of their depth. Make some money, you’re welcome.

1*Imp75m2UIqvrqiaBxCrRyQ.gif

I introduce things none of you have heard of so that the literate among young can research & get better information than the ignorant ESers have been pushing. Nobody in this thread is familiar with the basics, but because I haven’t presented a deep dive into blockchain, on the ES, for people who think it (blockchain) is merely a buzz word, the straw men come armed with ... wheat thins. 

I will not give up on you simpletons, I will see you all create great wealth & I’ll be here to accept your gratitude. 

Xrp/moneygram - pay attention, my children. Trying to explain hashgraph to you people would be like ....trying to explain hashgraph to morons. 

giphy.gif

On 12/15/2018 at 10:06 PM, Renegade7 said:

Where did that thread go?  Plenty of people said to get out when it was higher then made sense, basically not to trust it.  Most successful ones where the ones that got in early and got out early, now.. this...

image.png.fc7ba55536302568281e2d5736b3c59c.png

M7qLx.gif

56 minutes ago, volsmet said:

You don’t know the difference between which acronyms represent companies & which reflect a technology, obviously. Your straw man arguments may work for the obtuse ESer, but you’ve shared absolutely nothing that displays any hint of knowledge about the space. I’ve responded to what’s here, ignorance, and I’ve given people who are out of their depth a few things to pay attention to, scarecrow.

I deposit your IQ into the commode daily, my friend.

Hilariously, those who advised ESers to get out were wrong, but in Jonestown reality is not pertinent. 

Once more, you've posted zero that indicates you have any knowledge of the subject, other than some easily Googleable acronyms.  Just blather and gifs.

Image result for yawn gif

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Once more, you've posted zero that indicates you have any knowledge of the subject, other than some easily Googleable acronyms.  Just blather and gifs.

Hashgraph isn’t an acronym, simple Pb. Approximately 75,000 people, on a planet of 7.5 billion, know that Hedera exists, far fewer know what it is - yet you find yourself in the presence of one, and are so supremely insecure that you have to chalk it up to google, which would never render the result hashgraph or Hedera. You are now aware of things, you’d never have known existed, because of my knowledge, but you have no humility, and unfortunately that lack of humility is matched by your knowledge on the topic. Your need to feel brighter than you are has propelled you into straw man mode, you know zero, you’ve heard of none of these projects, and you still feel the need to imply someone simply ... googled what, again? You googled hashgraph & don’t know if it’s a project, technology, or a really cool new kind of panties. You don’t even seem to have an understanding of how a google search works, overledger may be a bit above your pay grade.

Access your humility, your nonsense isn’t worth losing out on the opportunity to make money on someone else’s work & knowledge. Read, or have someone read it for you, it will take you much longer than it takes me, but you’ll figure it out. 

tenor.gif?itemid=6021624

I do find it humorous that most of the people who are hardcore into crypto treat people who refuse to trade it as if they are uneducated and if they could only learn them they’d be sitting on a fortune.

volsmet isn’t the first person I’ve encountered with this specific attitude towards crypto.  It’s like a common personality trait.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I do find it humorous that most of the people who are hardcore into crypto treat people who refuse to trade it as if they are uneducated and if they could only learn them they’d be sitting on a fortune.

volsmet isn’t the first person I’ve encountered with this specific attitude towards crypto.  It’s like a common personality trait.

Right, but at the same time, they can't explain how it works.  Which is typical of people who fall for scams.  Enthusiastic ignorance. 

Just now, Springfield said:

Well, when you encounter a thread full of ignorant arrogance ... what’s left to do but have a laugh. This thread began with nothing but uneducated, incoherent, arrogant, speculation... should that be met with a heart to heart? I don’t care, at all, if you “refuse to trade it”, trading it is the opposite of what I’d encourage... trading it doesn’t even begin to make sense as a suggestion or something you’d imply I suggested; saying things like that is... humorous, you don’t even know how to construct a coherent criticism. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Right, but at the same time, they can't explain how it works.  Which is typical of people who fall for scams.  Enthusiastic ignorance. 

You didn’t explain how to dissect a penguin. 

You don’t have any semblance of knowledge on this space, but you project your ignorance onto others out of some sort of iq-envy. Telling others they don’t know anything about things they brought up doesn’t make it true, it just means you have an irrational desire for it to be true, a common trait found in the intellectually limited.

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

You didn’t explain how to dissect a penguin. 

You don’t have any semblance of knowledge on this space, but you project your ignorance onto others out of some sort of iq-envy. Telling others they don’t know anything about things they brought up doesn’t make it true, it just means you have an irrational desire for it to be true, a common trait found in the intellectually limited.

Still waiting for you to illustrate your expertise on the subject.  

Image result for waiting gif

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Still waiting for you to illustrate your expertise on the subject.  

You, the guy who believes I discovered Hedera, by googling Hedera. That is, without any doubt, the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on the internet. You made my day, bless you, sweet seeet pb.

vzglot.gif

• Haha 1