Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCSports: Foster says **** this team and the fanbase

RichmondRedskin88

6 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

This is where the culture of this team is at, one of the worst ILB in the league on one of the worst defenses in the league is spouting off....embarrassing...says alot about Foster too! Not sure who Foster thinks he is...there isnt going to be a big market for him and any where he is on the field they will be looking to replace him.

There won't be ANY market for him. I think I saw a UPS delivery guy who demonstrated more agility and closing speed just the other day. 

3 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

He should be released.  The fact that this is ok with Gruden says a lot.  Private message or not.  If that gets out then it out.  Im done with that guy. 

Gruden has lost control. Only a matter of time before it completely falls apart. 

Id guess we are at least 75% of the way there already.

oh and Foster sucks anyway.

Honestly..its funny to me that everyone gets the panties in a bunch over what a player says.. majority of these football players are not exactly geniuses to begin with. personally i don't care how you feel about the team or the fans as long as you help the team win. I don't want be best friends with these players.. i need them to help our team win.

-If you hate the team/ fans but your product on the field is good.. i dont care how you personally feel, i am glad you're on the team.

-If you love the team/ fans but you're liability on the field - then I don't give sh!t if you tattoo Redskins on your arm, we don't need/ want you on the team.

In Fosters case his play on the field doesn't warrant job in the NFL... I could care less what he said as some point about this team

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

1) Could be...but the "getting out" part is the kicker here. I could tell my boss today that my customer is a pain in the ass and he might laugh. If an e-mail of mine saying that is circulated to that customer, my boss would be forced to act differently. 

2) Again, if we don't want to cut him, that's fine. But do SOMETHING...this is a pure PR situation so optics matter. Fine him. Bench him for a quarter. Whatever. The punishment doesn't HAVE to include a roster move. 

3) Fair, but for a $3B NFL franchise the fact that we have other things to do concurrently with handling this doesn't work as an excuse for me. Also, as mentioned above, the discipline doesn't HAVE to be cutting the player. 

4) That's fine too...but then fine him or make him apologize publicly. 

Just the idea that NOTHING is done is inexcusable. Even if Foster is very good at playing ILB (he's not, mind you), there should be something done. From a purely football sense, there isn't a huge impact. But this is something where a player is acting against the best interests of the team to further erode a customer base. Forget fans being sad or whatever, I don't personally care what Mason Foster thinks of me or you guys. I was here 25 years before I knew what a Mason Foster was and I'll be here 25 years after he's erased from my memory (God willing). 

But the TEAM shouldn't be OK with this given the rest of the context. The players have now lashed out at fans publicly or privately about 2-3 times. I don't think I've ever seen such an adversarial relationship between a team and its fans, at least that I can remember. At a time when no one shows up for games, local TV ratings are in the toilet, and there are other recent PR miscues...at a bare minimum this is BAD FOR BUSINESS. 

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying...I was just trying to give reasons for Gruden's possible perspective in all of this beyond he's just weak or doesn't care, like was being alluded to in other posts. Maybe if Gruden's job security--and hell, Allen's and Williams' job security as well--was more solid and concrete they might respond differently. Right now, though, it could be that making the playoffs gains them some job security and while Foster is hardly a Pro Bowler, it's seen as too much of a risk to toss him aside right now. Maybe Snyder needs to say "Look, if cutting Foster means we end up losing the last three games, I'm OK with it. It won't affect your job status."

(pause)

"Now everything ELSE will affect your job status...but not that." lol

19 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Not defending Masons actions, but there are a lot of dickhead 'skins fans out there. Maybe it's because I almost exclusively follow skins fans on twitter and don't know what other teams fanbase is like. But if it's like that everywhere,  social media may well be the downfall of human society as we know it.

Fair enough. But its not like the Skins havent earned the flak they get from the fans. When you suck ass for more than two decades you get what you deserve from the fan base. 

i don’t honesl give a damn about this.  I also don’t really care what Foster feels or says.  

I care that hes slow, unathletic and gets himself out of position.

Shrug.  But he’s a Gruden guy.  Try hard, “smart” favorite of the coach.  So it’s not surprising they really aren’t going to hold him accountable.  They don’t hold anybody accountable anyway.

oh well.  

Personally I like Mason. And like I said, players don't politick, so I'm good with it. The team has been playing like ****, and quite frankly Foster has been put in ****ed up positions on plays where he's matched up with a speedier opponent. Its not like the DC doesn't know Mason's 40!! Its up to the coach to make sure that **** doesn't happen!! But Manusky is too busy having ****ing fun in practice. He doesn't have time to focus on the little things and this defense gets ****ed up every Sunday as a result. That's why Pernell McPhee (remember him?) had the guys over for dinner to get in extra work.

Anytime a player gets to a point where they're saying what Mason said in public, **** just got real. No more speculation about what's going on behind closed doors. I'm with Mason. Particularly when I look at the history of this organization.

I remember way back when Adam Carriker was talking about how the Redskins would lessen player's time to save incentive money. That's that non-reported **** players just have to deal with. Its ****ed up when a player that knows he should be playing has to stand in front of reporters and answer questions about why they aren't playing. Maybe Zach Brown is losing out on a contract incentive or escalator (lead the team in tackles this year and next for example). Hell, just last year, the Redskins pulled some **** on Mason by placing him on IR against his will. What happens when a player goes on IR depends on the clauses in their contract. Maybe Mason lost money last year (I'd be pissed and I'm sure you would too). After all that, Mason signs again because he wanted to play alongside his friend and teammate (Zach Brown). Now all the sudden, Zach is getting benched without explanation. Mason probably knows the inside scoop and is pissed.

We all know how much the Redskins wanted Reuben. They're also high on Hamilton. So next year (if Reuben is cleared) it'll be those two in the middle. The Redskins will save some cap space. They're probably going to get hit due to the Alex Smith situation.

But here's something for all you going off on Mason:

Just about every Sunday, just about every person on this forum is saying fire the coach, this team sucks and **** Bruce and Dan. A player says the same thing and ya'll go into Homer-mode. Child please!!

All you heard out of Mason is the spirit of the extreme fan that wants to win ****ing football games. He knows what the problem is and (just like us), can't do a goddamn thing about it!!!

BTW, **** this organization. They don't know the first thing about winning. These clowns from Tampa won a SB 15 years ago off **** Tony Dungy created. And they really believe they can recreate that **** with the same damn process. Archiac ass!!!

**** 'em

I'm very disappointed on how Gruden and few other players who didn't seem to mind Fosters comments. Public or private, doesn't matter, you can't have vulgar attitudes on your team because the bad attitude is cancerous for this team/business. Probably the loosing attitude exposed at Redskin Park.

This team cannot have a massive cleaning soon enough.

15 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t care. Every aspect of this franchise is a burning dumpster fire of embarrassment, stupidity, corruption, incompetence and downright ass sucking. 

There is not one redeemable facet of this franchise. We are all flawed in some way for still supporting it. 

I really wish i could find a legitimate argument against this, but I can't. It's one thing to be bad, but the seedy politcal/social **** that has been going on for years, it's really hard to pass for me.

So he says it's his cousin who did it, but apologizes just the same. Bizarre, because if it WAS the cousin, why didn't he tell that to Gruden when he met with him a few days ago? Logic would dictate that'd be the first thing you'd say to your coach in this situation: "Hey, Coach, that wasn't me, that was my cousin." Apparently he didn't say that, as Gruden didn't mention a "cousin" in the mix at all at his presser, but commented as if Mason had come clean about making the posts. So weird ... and yet, so normal. 

8 hours ago, Llevron said:

I don’t know why y’all expect the players to love you unconditionally when you won’t do the same. They don’t owe y’all anything. They get paid to play football not pretend they like the booing or the **** talking from fans. 

I Would expect the players to think the fans ****ing suck when we have people literally hoping the starting Qb gets injured when we are 5-2 or whatever we were at the time. I mean what kind of **** is that? Y’all need prayer 

I don’t blame the player, I blame the management.

5 hours ago, oraphus said:

Honestly..its funny to me that everyone gets the panties in a bunch over what a player says.. majority of these football players are not exactly geniuses to begin with. personally i don't care how you feel about the team or the fans as long as you help the team win. I don't want be best friends with these players.. i need them to help our team win.

-If you hate the team/ fans but your product on the field is good.. i dont care how you personally feel, i am glad you're on the team.

-If you love the team/ fans but you're liability on the field - then I don't give sh!t if you tattoo Redskins on your arm, we don't need/ want you on the team.

In Fosters case his play on the field doesn't warrant job in the NFL... I could care less what he said as some point about this team

Not on board with that sentiment. The guy is telling his cousin all this. Tha's straight from the heart. He might be frustrated but it is a true reflection of what is going and the how everyone is buying in. They are done.

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

So he says it's his cousin who did it, but apologizes just the same. Bizarre, because if it WAS the cousin, why didn't he tell that to Gruden when he met with him a few days ago? Logic would dictate that'd be the first thing you'd say to your coach in this situation: "Hey, Coach, that wasn't me, that was my cousin." Apparently he didn't say that, as Gruden didn't mention a "cousin" in the mix at all at his presser, but commented as if Mason had come clean about making the posts. So weird ... and yet, so normal. 

Yeah that’s confusing to me as well, why he wouldn’t just say that to Gruden in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

The worst thing about this whole incident is Gruden's lack of concern about it. WWBBD (what would Bill Belichick do)? He probably would refuse to address it with the media, but I can assure you it would be addressed in house, and would not be pleasant for the player. 

Last time a player pulled a similar **** on Bill Belichick, he traded him to Cleveland. Considering the fact that Browns finally look like a team with future, I would say that if something like this happened to BB right now, as a punishment, he would trade that player to the Redskins.

8 minutes ago, RedskinsSerbia said:

Last time a player pulled a similar **** on Bill Belichick, he traded him to Cleveland. Considering the fact that Browns finally look like a team with future, I would say that if something like this happened to BB right now, as a punishment, he would trade that player to the Redskins.

Speaking of the Pats, Josh Gordon turned out to be a nice pickup for them, and we probably could have gotten him first. He would have immediately become our best WR. 

5 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

Speaking of the Pats, Josh Gordon turned out to be a nice pickup for them, and we probably could have gotten him first. He would have immediately become our best WR. 

That happens when the coaching and organizational structure works.

8 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

The worst thing about this whole incident is Gruden's lack of concern about it. WWBBD (what would Bill Belichick do)? He probably would refuse to address it with the media, but I can assure you it would be addressed in house, and would not be pleasant for the player. 

Couldn't agree more. I found myself thinking about that as well.

We aren't the Patriots. And following any model to a tee is a recipe for disaster because it doesn't account for your own organizational quirks. But following the general outline makes sense... at least in my opinion. So I stop and think: If a Patriot did this, what would be the recourse?

Of course that's a somewhat flawed line of thinking.

1) They win. So they aren't disgruntled. If they start losing, this may happen at some point... and who knows what will happen from that point.

2) Belichick wouldn't say much. 

3) I can bet that player would either be on the bench or no longer on the team. 

But we aren't the Patriots.

16 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

There won't be ANY market for him. I think I saw a UPS delivery guy who demonstrated more agility and closing speed just the other day. 

The sad part is, we re-signed him to start knowing full well he ran like a sloth stuck in cement.  It was always gonna end with RBs and TEs running away from him.  

I think if we hadnt been so bad against the run, maybe we'd have been less inclined to put up with his non-existent foot speed.  If all he had to do was run downhill and attack the LOS, he'd probably be fine.

Archived