Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCSports: Foster says **** this team and the fanbase

RichmondRedskin88

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I feel nothing.

I was trying to figure out how I feel then I read this post and it unfortunately fits. 

Unless snyder cleans house and brings in a legit gm I just don’t care anymore. Lousy people running lousy team made of lousy players that are mad at the fans for expecting competent football. 

Just another year for the redskins. 

See ya??  Cover a slow tight end or be in position every once in a while.

i don’t mind his frustration with the fan base cause we suck and do your job and not worry about it.  If you’re not, then no room to talk but with the team 6-3, the stadium still felt like a home game for opposing teams.

Not defending Masons actions, but there are a lot of dickhead 'skins fans out there. Maybe it's because I almost exclusively follow skins fans on twitter and don't know what other teams fanbase is like. But if it's like that everywhere,  social media may well be the downfall of human society as we know it.

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sooo someone wanna break this down for me...did foster actually come out and say this?

Jay admitted it was legit and went on a mini tangent about how it was private and the real person in the wrong is the person who shared it.  Not one of his finer moments.  It’s one thing to not do anything about it, it’s kind of another to persecute the person nobody cares about in the situation.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Jay admitted it was legit and went on a mini tangent about how it was private and the real person in the wrong is the person who shared it.  Not one of his finer moments.  It’s one thing to not do anything about it, it’s kind of another to persecute the person nobody cares about in the situation.

So foster tweeted **** this team and fan base with some laughing face emojis and then somebody else did what?..i have no idea what Twitter is or how it works

11 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My son tells me your company stinks.

Post of the day.  Tis the season, after all.

festivus-quotes-header.jpg

I am more bummed about Jay telling us he is a model citizen blah blah damage control.  Jay as per usual left to run our PR department. I wonder how much this had to do with Zach Brown getting benched.  But deep down even Foster knows we benched the wrong guy and is in denial.

I read that Kyle Smith was pulled off the road to evaluate players and based upon everything I am reading here about Ha Ha and watching his poor play, -  playing out of position, poor tackling, etc. I asked myself the other day was Kyle part of the brain trust that thought Ha Ha would be a good acquisition?   I mean watch some game tape.

And with all the problems that GB has had I just could not see them parting ways with a guy who could significantly assist their secondary in being better, regardless of his contract.  They were willing to part ways because he was a liability at times and perhaps serviceable at best other times.  But certainly not worth what they paid.   And who knows how he is in the locker room. 

And since he has been here our D has reached an all time high suck level.    And to hear some of these players on D ****ing and moaning and pointing fingers, attempting to justify and deflect responsibility for the ****ty product they put on the field?  I have a middle finger for you pal.   I mean man up, grow a set and just shut up and play the game.  And take responsibility for YOUR play.     

11 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Not defending Masons actions, but there are a lot of dickhead 'skins fans out there. Maybe it's because I almost exclusively follow skins fans on twitter and don't know what other teams fanbase is like. But if it's like that everywhere,  social media may well be the downfall of human society as we know it.

Two different conversations. 

In general, winning fan bases are not as mean and hateful. Losing teams fan-bases are. However, Redskins fan-base is particularly cynical and honestly angry - and with good reason. The owner has done this. It starts and stops with him. He could change it - although I fear he has lost an entire generation that he may never be able to reach. But start now and in 10 yrs the franchise could be back where it was - and it's not just about winning. I miss the days when this was not just a winning franchise but a classy organization. Whenever given the option, they typically did the right thing. Where they perfect? No. But they didn't think up new ways to be total trash to the fans and players. 

Independent of the fan-base, social media is very likely to be our major downfall. It has already led to the dumbing down of our society due to the further reduction in face to face communication. Not to mention it's much easier to tell someone to **** off and say increasingly mean and hateful things when they are not right in front of you. I am sure some can and have found some redeeming value to extended social media - specifically things like twitter, Instagram, etc. But i have yet to find anything positive to come out of them. Anything more on this will start to get a bit political. So will leave it at that. 

Back to the thread - I have no problem with what Foster said. His lack of understanding that private and social media do not go hand in hand aside, it was ignorant for the fan to post the screen shots. Trying to be a big shot with their social media. it was a dick move IMO. Not to mention each of us have said the same thing at one time or another out of frustration with the team - but it's more like, **** Dan Snyder, **** the players, **** the whole team! Players are still people. He is frustrated. Someone caught him at the wrong/right time and he let loose. 

Again I could care less. In fairness, yes I do realize I am probably just numb. But as long as Dan Snyder is the owner, I will not get too upset with anything from the players or coaches. They work in what is likely the most toxic environment in the NFL. And that's all on Dan. 

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Foster was directly messaging (private) with a fan on Instagram.  The fan posted screenshots to the public.

What the hell is instagram?...I'm very sorry and don't mean to be difficult...208 541 Sean Taylor Chris Cooley is my phone number..I text message and talk on the phone..feel free to text or call me...anyone..I read over the rules in the forum and don't recall seeing anything about giving out your personal number

Social media ****ing sucks..it's ruining Americans..no one knows how to have a face to face conversation anymore..if they do half of what they say is bs because they have hid behind social media for so long...I live in hodunk ****ville Idaho, I have the opportunity to be involved in social media just as much as anyone in la, New York Chicago or Seattle but I refuse.

I'm so serious..want a simpler life? unless it's part of your job..**** CAN SOCIAL MEDIA...I DO NOT Facebook, Twitter,snap chat, Instagram or whatever else is out there..and guess what..my heart still beats.

9 hours ago, Dan T. said:

mediocre defense. 

That's being generous

Reminder: 

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.
Type in your word and let the filters do their job of substituting asterisks for letters. Then check your post to see if all profanity was filtered. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Members quoting profanity filter violations (or other rule violations) without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly.

Few violations of the above in this thread and, like this entire team as is customary at the end of another Snyder Cycletm, I’m too exhausted and mentally drained to do anything about it. 

But, yeah, I get why the language is being used here, but let’s not go quoting it and referencing it over and over again while circumventing the profanity filters. Let the filters do their jobs. 

I actually agree with the first part of his statement.

As far as the fanbase, we've been through way too much for far too long.  We've been here before Mason Foster, we'll be here after Mason Foster.  I can't get mad at him for him not understanding what we've been through over the years.  I don't think these guys know what's up.  I mean, they might say they do but we've all been through a lot of crap together.  Anyone who's been a Skins fan this long and still tunes in every Sunday has my respect.  

My first thought after reading his comments was just to laugh at them.  I find it comical.  No anger.  Almost amusement.  Which, if this team was a respectable organization, almost certainly wouldn't be the appropriate response.  But you have to just simply sit back and laugh at this dumpster fire at this point.  It's the only way to retain any sanity.  

This franchise is F'in CURSED. I am still trying to figure out exactly when it started. Was it when JKC passed? Was it when Gibbs left the first time? Was it when Snyder purchased the franchise? Was it when we hired Turner? IDK....but make no mistake about it the Washington Redskins are cursed.

The last time we won a super bowl my daughter was in diapers. She is now working on her doctorate degree. The point here, it sure has been awhile. 

Think about the few seasons since 1991 that this team had a chance to be a serious contender. I am doing this from memory so do not give me any crap if I get a few things wrong here but, here goes..

We start a season under Turner at 7-1, lose Tre Johnson and everything falls apart. There were a few other things but I think losing big Tre was the straw.

The season we lose ST.

The season RG3 goes down.

And now the body bag season.

At least four times in 27 years we had a team that could be a serious playoff team. Other teams and fans around the league had to give some respect to our Redskins and then BAM, the curse hits.

I will probably take another 5 year break from this place. To the original extremeskin members it was good to see and hear from you again. I miss Blade, DH. OM, Art and others. I wish I still felt the way I used to about this team and franchise, but sadly I do not. This team is F'in CURSED.

18 hours ago, kleese said:

If they had hidden mics in that little shed behind the practice field where Riggo and the Hogs went after practice.... I bet they could have gotten some really juicy and salacious audio. My guess is that Joe Gibbs himself was probably the topic at times. 

Point being, this is nothing new. This is just some loser who decided to capture a screenshot on a private message and publish it. In that regard I feel bad for Foster. 

That said, what’s out is out and he said it so now he has to deal with the consequences. As an employer I am sure employees have said bad things about me and our company in confidence to their friends, coworkers, etc. I have no desire to know about it and wouldn’t necessarily fire someone for it. But it’s also hard to just ignore what gets out. Social media really sucks 80% of the time. 

Nail on the head...

It's hard enough having your peers do your job eval let alone a faceless cyber-mob.

But once you hit send....

Archived