Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BN: Charlton Police Warn of Men Trying to Start Rap Battles with Passersby

China

Charlton Police Warn of Men Trying to Start Rap Battles with Passersby

Police are looking for more information on several unidentified men who tried initiating a rap battle in the mean streets of Charlton, located roughly 20 minutes outside Worcester.

A black SUV carrying two or three men in their late-teens or early 20s pulled up alongside three young, teenage boys around 3 p.m. on Saturday, police said. One of the men—described as pale, with brown hair, gray shirt and gray pants, and open-toed sandals—exited the SUV and “began asking they boys if they wanted to ‘spit some bars’ (Rap lingo) [sic].”

The boys declined, and away the men went.

“Although this was suspicious behavior and frightening to the boys, nothing made this appear to be an attempted abduction,” police said on Facebook. A follow-up investigation is underway.

“The fact that this is being investigated is absurd,” one commenter said.

Click on the link for the full article

Sounds absurd that the police would investigate and this seems like a rural area and not city street.

On a city street, id guess they are trying to initiate conversation/contact to guage whether there is an decent criminal opportunity to be had. Do any of the kids have beats headphones? Are they guillible kids that will follow you around a corner? Would they hand over $20 right quick for a baggie of grass trimmings? When I was a kid walking around DC i thought it would be rude to not answer or stop and talk with every homeless person or would be robber who came up with some reason they needed to stop me.

On the street, just keep it moving. No need to stand there like a ****ing idiot while they think of way to strong arm you.

China said:  One of the men—described as pale, with brown hair, gray shirt and gray pants, and open-toed sandals—exited the SUV and “began asking they boys if they wanted to ‘spit some bars’ (Rap lingo) [sic].”

"Don't need no drama, no 5-0 scandals.

Just spitting rhymes ‘n rockin' open-toed sandals."

1 hour ago, China said:

“The fact that this is being investigated is absurd,” one commenter said.

They can think that if they want to, but a random car rolling up on some kids is suspicious.  I wouldnt care what they were stopping for.  The rap battle bit coulda been to just lower their guard before they get robbed.  Now, it wasnt, but I wouldnt want my kid to be got on some foolishness.  Nor do I want them losing rap battles.  Gotta train my kid to spit bars now, just in case.

But, if it were me, if a random SUV rolls up on me, I'm gonna be prepared to scrap.  lol

49 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

On a city street, id guess they are trying to initiate conversation/contact to guage whether there is an decent criminal opportunity to be had.

On a city street, during the day, I'd guess they are trying to initiate a conversation so they can guilt you into buying their ****ty rap CD, which may or may not actually have anything on it.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/12/nyregion/hawking-cds-on-the-street-swindlers-find-being-pushy-and-persistent-pays.html

57 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

On a city street, during the day, I'd guess they are trying to initiate a conversation so they can guilt you into buying their ****ty rap CD, which may or may not actually have anything on it.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/12/nyregion/hawking-cds-on-the-street-swindlers-find-being-pushy-and-persistent-pays.html

Thanks Master P.🙄

Archived