Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the worst general manager in D.C? (poll)

Sticksboi05

Worst D.C. sports GM  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Worst D.C. sports GM is...

Is it Ernie "guns in the locker room" Grunfeld, or Bruce "we're winning off the field/KURT Cousins Allen?

The Redskins are 58-81-1 under Bruce Allen. Controversies include signing Reuben Foster, the RGIII debacle, the Kirk (or as he said 100x Kurt) Cousins contract debacle, the Scott McLoughan firing, and watching FedEx decline into an even worse rathole than it already was.

The Wizards are 547-693 under Grunfeld's miserable regime without a conference final appearance and just a few first round victories. Controversies include this latest season with the wheels coming off, Arenas vs. Crittendon, a proposed Big 3 made up of clowns like Nick Young, coaches who couldn't figure out how to hold a clip board for plays, re-signing Arenas after his knee was blown and he was clearly a has been and trading away first round picks for pointless acquisitions.

It's not just the win/loss record.  I don't pay attention to the Wiz, I know they've had issues, but the list of off-the-field **** that makes people want to hate the franchise that Allen has overseen is just gross.  A lot of that falls on Snyder, but Allen's only role is to advise Snyder to not do things like pimp out the cheerleaders, sign abusers hours after they hit the market (then make Doug Williams face the music, because cowardice), sue fans, lie to the fans, slipping shady stadium provisions into federal legislature, firing the real GM (WHO WAS DOING A GREAT JOB) and getting Cooley to call him an alcoholic on the radio, I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other miserable ****.  

As bad as Ernie Grunfeld is, he has built a roster that makes the playoffs every season. Bruce Allen is awful. As Ken Beatrice used to say, "Gawd awful."

Bruce Allen is so bad, the entire fan base has ALMOST forgotten what a terrible, "gawd awful" owner we have. Almost.

My vote goes to Allen. Grunfeld has at the very least had teams make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs three times. Granted that's not that hard in the NBA, but still. The Skins under Allen have only made the playoffs twice and lost in the 1st round both times. He also blew countless draft picks on QBs and when we finally got a legit one, he let him get away. His moves have been way more disastrous.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

My vote goes to Allen. Grunfeld has at the very least had teams make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs three times. Granted that's not that hard in the NBA, but still. The Skins under Allen have only made the playoffs twice and lost in the 1st round both times. He also blew countless draft picks on QBs and when we finally got a legit one, he let him get away. His moves have been way more disastrous.

Cousins was picked against Allen’s will. 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Bruh... Ernie lucked into Wall and Beal... And for whatever good those 2nd round years were, they are erased by the thrash he out the other fourteen seasons. 😂

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

A good writer could do it in one succinct, well thought out, paragraph.

Deal... 

While Allen may have made some dumb moves, what he inherited from Vinny was a mess. The team he has now, it's an okay team with room to grow if better football minds were in charge (I truly believe this.). Ernie inherited trash, lucked up with some draft picks and good trades, and has absolutely nothing to show for it but a freaking NBA Division title... And only one! You can get those accidently. 😂

Easily Allen.  Redskins have made the playoffs 2 times in 8 years and never won a playoff game.  (I'm counting this year as out of the playoffs).

Grunfeld's teams have been in the playoffs 8 times in 14 years and won the first round a few times.  Grunfeld's teams have been to the 2nd round of the playoffs at at higher percentage than Allen's have made the playoffs.

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

The team he has now, it's an okay team with room to grow if better football minds were in charge (I truly believe this.)

They have nobody to play the most important position in the sport (and realistically all of the at least the major US professional sports) and have no way to get somebody that's actually going to be any good at it.

The Redskins are almost certainly going to have to go backwards before they go forward again.

9 hours ago, PeterMP said:

They have nobody to play the most important position in the sport (and realistically all of the at least the major US professional sports) and have no way to get somebody that's actually going to be any good at it.

The Redskins are almost certainly going to have to go backwards before they go forward again.

They don't have anyone important because their starter just suffered a likely career ending injury... And I'm not saying the team is perfect, but there's some nice pieces on the team. 

The Wizards have nice pieces as well, but the cap is so jacked up and the team is so poorly constructed... And again, much easier to build a competitive NBA team than an NFL team and Grunfeld couldn't do that and he has three drafted top 3 picks on the team... Two of them arguably in the top 30 in the league... And the Wizards are a laughingstock.

Archived