Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I’m Happy the Redskins Lost

Springfield

I did not see the game today.  Been traveling all day.  It is time to blow up the Redskins from head to toe.  Get rid of the Danny, get rid of Allen, get a new Head Coach, and get rid of most of this roster of players.  Blow it up and start over again.  For many years now the Redskins have not been involved with decent meaningful playoff football in the month of December.

Hm, just got home. I decided to go to the LA Auto Show instead of watching the game. Seems like a good decision.

Sanchez predictably plays horrendous and gets benched. But we gave up 27 points in the second quarter to that offense? The **** happened? 

At least I saw some sweet rides at the show. I want an Audi TTRS  or RS3. 

7 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

For many years now the Redskins have not been involved with decent meaningful playoff football in the month of December.

Well, people will say that we have been in the playoff hunt for the past two games, both of which have been in December, and technically still are alive.

But the ominous stat is that this team has had 7 (or more) wins after 12 games one season out of the past 18. That is stunning. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm convinced this team is cursed.  It's fun to pick on Snyder, but let's be real here, they've sucked ever since they built Fed Ex and they've sucked since before Snyder bought the....etc etc...

I'm on the "this goes deeper than even Snyder" bandwagon.. there is something seriously cursed about this franchise. I'm not sure how to put my finger on it but I swear, I've been a life long fan my whole life.. never felt the name change was totally necessary till now.... yeah bring in the black balled QB too....change the name, get the team out of Maryland and back to DC...****, top to bottom reboot even.  The team won its last super bowl when i was 1 year old man...They've been good like 3 times since I was born...in 29 years guys...

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't follow any other teams as closely as I follow the Redskins.  But I think you'd be hard pressed to find another franchise that has as much bad juju as we do when it comes to stuff like this.  I've said it before, if this team has something good going it's way, it doesn't last long before it's dashed in a terrible way.  It's uncanny.  It defies logic.  Not even the good Christian presence of Joe Gibbs could overcome the darkness that surrounds this team.  The biggest beacon of light this team has ever had was shadowed by the loss of a generational talent.  

Christians maybe able to exorcise demons, but  for curses you need a voodoo priestess:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5882389/the-new-orleans-saints-hired-a-voodoo-priestess-to-fight-a-ghostly-football-curse

Decades of having irrational, insecure, impetuous, incompetent leadership is the curse. Michael Phillips at the RTD summed up the state of the team, in this particular iteration,  pretty succinctly today. Jay needs to pick a better DC, but can't be trusted to, so Bruce needs to pick a better HC, but he can't be trusted to, so Dan needs to pick a better GM, but can't be trusted to. As long as the guy at the top can't be "trusted to", then on and on it will go. I'm not saying Snyder can't eventually get it right, but there's little evidence indicating he can. It feeds on itself too. That reputation is firmly established around the league now.

I remember when a lot of people thought we had a good team because we had 6 wins. I for one said over and over again that the team was fools gold. Yet people argued wit me. Wonder where all those people are? Every win the Skins have had even when healthy were ugly. The injuries probably just saved Jay's job for another year which is bad. The organization is garbage from top down. I knew that before the season and nothing has changed towards the end of the season. 

This team has no hope people. 

I read somewhere that this was the Giants' 100th win against the Redskins. Its supposed to be the most wins any team has against another. { grabbing the glass of antifreeze ].

There should be a area-wide campaign to every Redskin fan to either not go to the next home game or wear the opponent's jersey, just to really drive home the message that change is needed. That would be a sight to see; FedEx Field without fans or full of other team's jerseys. I'd bet he blows a gasket.

6 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I read somewhere that this was the Giants' 100th win against the Redskins. Its supposed to be the most wins any team has against another. { grabbing the glass of antifreeze ].

There should be a area-wide campaign to every Redskin fan to either not go to the next home game or wear the opponent's jersey, just to really drive home the message that change is needed. That would be a sight to see; FedEx Field without fans or full of other team's jerseys. I'd bet he blows a gasket.

Yes exactly...I imagine we have a ton of closet cowboys fans just dying to break out there cowboy jerseys to wear to a Redskins cowboys home game..

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The only curse is bad leadership/poor management.

Bad luck happens, but this team gets too many players with injury histories with limited resources to keep them healthy then gets surprised when they all get hurt.  It doesn't matter where the stadium is, we've seen the formula of bad player acquisition and poor coaching throughout NFL history.  We just keep doing it over and over again.  What happened to Alex was terrible, we never should of traded for him to begin with for multiple reasons, let alone given him that kind of extension.

21 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I all fairness, we've been playing each other since 1932.

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm convinced this team is cursed.  It's fun to pick on Snyder, but let's be real here, they've sucked ever since they built Fed Ex and they've sucked since before Snyder bought the team.

I don’t believe in curses. 

You are a absolutely right- the team was bad before Synder bought it.  But it was bad for only 6-7 years.  That period saw a transition from Gibbs retiring to  Cooke dying.  The team got old.  A poor coaches choice in Norv.  What I’m saying is - I was not bothered in the least the team was going through a rough patch because I had faith in the Redskins organization to rebuild and fix it - pre Synder.  The team had EARNED my trust and faith.

Then Synder bought the team and the only constant in this mess has been Synder.. 

The Redskins  were also dreadful from the 1950’s-1970’s.   Not because of a curse.  Because of poor management and ownership.   

It wasn’t until Edward Bennett Williams took over the team that the fortunes started to change.  

The only curse is Synder owns the team and he is relatively young.

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm convinced this team is cursed.  

On the way home tonight, I was talking with a friend and we were discussing the long standing rumor that Fed Ex is built on a Native American burial ground.  I'm not one to buy into sports curses but I can't figure out a way to explain:

The Redskins haven't had back to back winning seasons since they moved to the dump in Landover

Sean Taylor's death

RG3 (shut up, I know) tearing his ACL after the best rookie season in history

Junior Galette tearing his achilles one year and then the other achilles the next

Guice, arguably the rookie that we were most excited about since RG3, tearing his ACL before the regular season

Alex Smith, quarterbacking a first place team, not only breaking his leg but suffering an injury so terrible that he'll be lucky to walk again, let alone play football

His backup, Colt McCoy breaking his leg the next game

I actually feel like the curse is deeper, as the football gods find a way to give us just enough to remain hopeful.  Over that period of time we've had multiple instances where it would appear the football gods have shown down their light upon us.  

ST blocked FG return w/ fasemask play

Beating Dallas to put a cherry on top of the 7 game win streak to win the division

Clinton Portis's 1st carry with the team

Trent Williams

Miracle at Midnight

How many times have we looked back in February and said "At least we beat XXX playoff team or SB winner"

Just a taste of something that we can hold onto that gives us the notion we have more than we do.  Inexplicable things that shouldn't make sense that maybe, JUST MAYBE we're gonna have things bounce our way for a change.  Then just like that... it's taken away from us, but we're left with HOPE.  

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The injury excuse will save one of their jobs.

I hear lots of people using the injury excuse.  That explains the offense but what about the defense?  There are that many injuries there.  Talent wise, we should be a top 5 defense.  But they keep getting embarrased.  Jay should not get a pass because of injuries.  And Bruce shouldn't get a pass because Bruce.

7 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I remember when a lot of people thought we had a good team because we had 6 wins. I for one said over and over again that the team was fools gold. Yet people argued wit me. Wonder where all those people are? Every win the Skins have had even when healthy were ugly. The injuries probably just saved Jay's job for another year which is bad. The organization is garbage from top down. I knew that before the season and nothing has changed towards the end of the season. 

This team has no hope people. 

Yea when we were 5-2 I was telling people we were the worst 5-2 team in history.  Our wins were mostly ugly wins.  The Saints and Colts games were freaking embarrassing.  They looked like they just found out who they were playing that morning and didn't have time to put together and game plan.

Archived