Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I’m Happy the Redskins Lost

Springfield

They lost, and lost bad.  It’s exactly what this team needs.  This team, of simple fortitude, cannot substain it’s loss of their QB, or it’s long time back up.  This team hires a laughing  stock QB and the whole team folds.

They deserved to lose.  They should all be humiliated and the head coach and GM shouldn’t represent our great franchise any longer.  It’s a shame that we are stuck with Snyder, who continually drags the Redskins name into the dregs of the NFL.

I hope they lose every game going forward and every game until Snyder learns that he’s not fit to drip his infidelity down to the rest of the team.  Best of luck in losing, Snyder.

G’night.

I....kind of agree. I believe in having a good process and good people and good decisions being rewarded. Contrarily, a bad process and bad people that make bad decisions should be punished. The Redskins are without a doubt in that latter group and have been for ~30 years now.

Before last year I always said I want the Caps to win the Stanley Cup more than any other team in this town to win their respective championship because they deserved it. They built the right way, did everything you're supposed to do, and were finally rewarded.

Don't get me wrong, nothing would have made me happier than to see Colt McCoy or Mark Sanchez go on some ridiculously miracle run all the way to a Lombardi, but come on, even finishing 8-8 would have been dumb. This franchise deserves to tank and the entire program needs to be nuked top to bottom with a complete and total overhaul of the roster, coaches, and front office.

Once you're down to your third (and now fourth string) QB, you're pretty much screwed. Especially combined with all the other injuries on the offense.

Still, that was no reason not to be competitive today. I have no idea what has happened to the once-stout defense.

The team needs a major reset in the worst way. Let Bruce and Jay go to Oakland and help as that team transitions to Vegas. 

I was hoping they would win. 

Now that they have lost, I want them to lose out and have new leadership 

FYI this whole third string QB signing Sanchez off the street is a self inflicted wound.  I understand carrying 2 qb’s, but if you do that, you almost have to have a qb on the practice squad in case you lose a guy then you at least have somebody who knows the system on the roster.

Not doing that as an insurance policy is dumb.

Nah....its time for another off-season championship. Dan is fueling Redskins One as we speak. The stadium seats are empty, the players have checked out, and the coaches have nothing left. Hope has always been what Danny brings to the table as an owner. He's a marketing master for gods sake. 

So rest assured, next year will be a new regime with a whole new set of hope. The first move will be to let Allen go. That move alone would probably make this fan base forget most of what they've seen on the football field. The next move would be to run reports about a possible coaching move, with some exciting innovative coaches being talked about. The next move would be fire Gruden and his entire staff except the special teams coach. Then its off to FA and the draft.

Lose out to get a higher pick. **** it!!

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was hoping they would win. 

Now that they have lost, I want them to lose out and have new leadership 

FYI this whole third string QB signing Sanchez off the street is a self inflicted wound.  I understand carrying 2 qb’s, but if you do that, you almost have to have a qb on the practice squad in case you lose a guy then you at least have somebody who knows the system on the roster.

Not doing that as an insurance policy is dumb.

Also, if Colt McCoy is on your roster you need to carry 3 QBs simply due to his injury history. He's only had 1 stretch of his career where he lasted longer than 5 games in a row without missing a week due to injury. McCoy should not be counted on to fill in for more than 3 or 4 games.

1 minute ago, ncr2h said:

Also, if Colt McCoy is on your roster you need to carry 3 QBs simply due to his injury history. He's only had 1 stretch of his career where he lasted longer than 5 games in a row without missing a week due to injury. McCoy should not be counted on to fill in for more than 3 or 4 games.

That’s more on Bruce than Jay, but at the absolute least you need to have a guy on the practice squad so you have somebody who knows the system.

3 hours ago, TheYappingDog said:

This. 

Except they didn't lose bad enough

The garbage time tds will give a reprieve to all concerned.

Watch us go into 2019 with Josh Johnson and a straight face. 

Perhaps the quickest route to getting good, trade our number 1 this year for 2019 & 2020 1sts + a 2020 2nd, start Johnson, go 1-15, trade our top pick for a boatload, go 1-15 in 2019, draft Trevor Lawrence and build around the young guys drafted in 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21. Put the E.S. Draft enthusiasts in charge of the draft & implement the rebuild plan. 

There isn’t any chance we win anything of significance next year, we are wandering aimlessly for the 20th consecutive season. 

I'm convinced this team is cursed.  It's fun to pick on Snyder, but let's be real here, they've sucked ever since they built Fed Ex and they've sucked since before Snyder bought the team.

On the way home tonight, I was talking with a friend and we were discussing the long standing rumor that Fed Ex is built on a Native American burial ground.  I'm not one to buy into sports curses but I can't figure out a way to explain:

The Redskins haven't had back to back winning seasons since they moved to the dump in Landover

Sean Taylor's death

RG3 (shut up, I know) tearing his ACL after the best rookie season in history

Junior Galette tearing his achilles one year and then the other achilles the next

Guice, arguably the rookie that we were most excited about since RG3, tearing his ACL before the regular season

Alex Smith, quarterbacking a first place team, not only breaking his leg but suffering an injury so terrible that he'll be lucky to walk again, let alone play football

His backup, Colt McCoy breaking his leg the next game

I'm not talking about dumb personnel decisions and questionable hires, I'm just talking about devastating injuries and even deaths that have altered (I know Galette doesn't really alter the franchise but it's still weird as ****, who else does that happen to?) this franchise.  Make no mistake, the Redskins do themselves no favors with the likes of Cerrato and Allen running things but again, for those who struggle with reading comprehension...I'm not talking about whiffing on a draft pick or making a bad free agent signing.  Every team does that.  

I don't follow any other teams as closely as I follow the Redskins.  But I think you'd be hard pressed to find another franchise that has as much bad juju as we do when it comes to stuff like this.  I've said it before, if this team has something good going it's way, it doesn't last long before it's dashed in a terrible way.  It's uncanny.  It defies logic.  Not even the good Christian presence of Joe Gibbs could overcome the darkness that surrounds this team.  The biggest beacon of light this team has ever had was shadowed by the loss of a generational talent.  

Again, Snyder doesn't do himself any favors but I really think this team is screwed on a much deeper level.  I don't think Snyder is selling anytime soon so here's what he needs to do:  Get rid of the name (and I've been a name defender but I just don't care anymore) and let Native Americans pick the new name.  Move the hell out of Fed Ex, back to DC.  Tear down Fed Ex, make it a shrine to Native Americans, or a Native American history museum.  Or build one adjacent to the new stadium in DC.  Then, and only then, will this city see a winner.  

I just don't know what else to tell myself anymore.  I realize what I just laid out is completely ridiculous but I'm tired of grasping for answers and looking for reasons.  As I said before, I can't think of another team that's had as much bad stuff happen to it as the Redskins.  Wait and see, we'll pick some QB in the first round like Will Grier and he'll snap his leg just as soon as he gets going.  

I didn't care. I did something else today, only checked the score a couple of times.

What's bad about this year isn't the fact we went from 6-3 to probably 6-10.  It's the fact, we are in such a bad shape; this team is going to stink for 2 maybe 3 more years.  We actually, could go through 2 coaching changes before there's any glimmer of hope.

First, what is Dan going to do with Bruce. If Bruce isn't fired, then we are already handicapped.

Jay should just be put out of his misery tomorrow. Buy him a plane ticket to his brother.

We are at the bottom in terms of job attractiveness.

We are definitely competing with New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers for coaching jobs.

There could also be openings with the Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, Cincinnati Bengals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Arizona Cardinals and Carolina Panthers. Carolina has a new owner, so maybe they change coaches.

I don't think a single one of those jobs is better than ours.  Who is Dan going to be able to get, given the fact we are handicapped at QB for 1 to 2 years?

It's probably better to clean house completely, will we stink the next 2-3 years.

I am also convinced that Dan won't fire both of them.  The injury excuse will save one of their jobs.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The Eagles losing was probably the bigger deal because that pretty much eliminates the 'Skins from any playoff berth conversation.  

It actually didn’t do anything to eliminate the redskins from any playoff berth conversation. We get the 6th seed if the Seahawks win tomorrow night and the dolphins win next week+we beat the jaguars. (Yes I am aware we won’t beat the jaguars, this is just IF those 3 things happen).

Sorry, but I will never say I am happy to see the Redskins lose. I might be numb to it these days, and maybe don't get as angry, but every loss is a miserable experience. I'm aware that the team's problems may not be solved until they truly hit rock bottom and hit the reset button, but as a fan, it goes against my reason for rooting for them. I no longer care abut contracts, caps, off field gossip, players' social media gaffes, leaked inside info, etc. I simply want to root for the players wearing my team's uniform, and nothing more. It's why I stopped watching all the idiotic pregame shows. It's why I don't play fantasy. I don't care about all the nonsense; just want to see my team play well. Gruden and Allen seem to be preventing that, so I want them to go. But I won't root for my team to lose.   

Also, I don't believe in professional sports teams "tanking" seasons. There is much more involved in these wins and losses than just setting up your draft position for the next season. Pro athletes have too much pride. Could you imagine going up to a 10 yr vet and saying "Yeah, I know this may be your last year to play professional football before you retire, but we want you to take a dive and make sure we lose games." How do you think that would go over?   

3 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Sorry, but I will never say I am happy to see the Redskins lose. I might be numb to it these days, and maybe don't get as angry, but every loss is a miserable experience. I'm aware that the team's problems may not be solved until they truly hit rock bottom and hit the reset button, but as a fan, it goes against my reason for rooting for them. I no longer care abut contracts, caps, off field gossip, players' social media gaffes, leaked inside info, etc. I simply want to root for the players wearing my team's uniform, and nothing more. It's why I stopped watching all the idiotic pregame shows. It's why I don't play fantasy. I don't care about all the nonsense; just want to see my team play well. Gruden and Allen seem to be preventing that, so I want them to go. But I won't root for my team to lose.   

Also, I don't believe in professional sports teams "tanking" seasons. There is much more involved in these wins and losses than just setting up your draft position for the next season. Pro athletes have too much pride. Could you imagine going up to a 10 yr vet and saying "Yeah, I know this may be your last year to play professional football before you retire, but we want you to take a dive and make sure we lose games." How do you think that would go over?   

Tanking isn't about throwing games or losing games on purpose. Its a philosophy of assembling your roster more for talent evaluation and building for the future. Of course when the games start you still play and coach to try to win each one but its more about sacrificing one or even two years if it means 5+ years of prosperity.

In the early 2000s the Capitals decided to firesell their roster and tank. They sucked enough to get the #1 pick in 2004 to draft Alexander Ovechkin. They struggled his first couple years before becoming a perennial playoff team for ~10 years and then last year won the Stanley Cup. I"ll gladly tank a year or two if it means 10 years of 10+ win seasons for the Skins eventually culminating in a Super Bowl at some point.

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Tanking isn't about throwing games or losing games on purpose. Its a philosophy of assembling your roster more for talent evaluation and building for the future. Of course when the games start you still play and coach to try to win each one but its more about sacrificing one or even two years if it means 5+ years of prosperity.

In the early 2000s the Capitals decided to firesell their roster and tank. They sucked enough to get the #1 pick in 2004 to draft Alexander Ovechkin. They struggled his first couple years before becoming a perennial playoff team for ~10 years and then last year won the Stanley Cup. I"ll gladly tank a year or two if it means 10 years of 10+ win seasons for the Skins eventually culminating in a Super Bowl at some point.

This. Players and coaches don't try to lose, and you wouldn't want any of them who did try that.

At this point any Redskin win this year means nothing. Just nothing. But every loss at least gives us better position in the draft, and increases the odds Snyder will be forced to confront the need to make changes.

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

WHat you are describing as tanking, I would describe as rebuilding. In a rebuild, you know you're going to suck, but you accept it for the good of the future. Tanking is not putting in the effort to be competitive, and not being concerned if you lose games. Like in the movie Major League. The owner wanted them to lose games so she could move the team. WHat the Capitals did in those seasons you described was accept that they would not be very good, but that the rebuild would go better because of it. 

I can agree with a Redskins rebuild all day long. But I don't trust Bruce to be the one to administer it. He's more of a PR guy and not a talent evaluator or really very smart at anything related to the on field product. Let him run the Welcome Home lunch and Harvest Fest and find real football people to run the front office.   

43 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It actually didn’t do anything to eliminate the redskins from any playoff berth conversation. We get the 6th seed if the Seahawks win tomorrow night and the dolphins win next week+we beat the jaguars. (Yes I am aware we won’t beat the jaguars, this is just IF those 3 things happen).

Those three things can happen, the jags have no tape on big Johnson if he can do just enough and our defense plays just good enough..haha who am I kidding

Archived