Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Eli’s Stoopid Face at Redskins

TK

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I simply don’t understand how quickly people can be so rash to judge QBs just drafted.

Elite talent pretty much shows itself from day one. You rarely have to wait out more than a year to realize you have a stud. Elite talent gets in and it shows. If it doesn’t show up in stats, it certainly shows up in entangables. Those that don’t show up right away are usually your Alex Smith’s of the world.

3 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

What about Marcus Allen over us in the Super Bowl?

Or Riggo for us? Or Emmit?

I mean, it was a different era.  

21 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Enjoy your division winning cowpukes in the Superbowl..if there playing the Patriots it'll be back to back Superbowls I refuse to watch!

The Cowboys will have a real tough time beating New Orleans in the dome, or the Rams in LA.

But they will probably get the chance, as they’ll likely get the Vikings or Bears in the first round.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Or Riggo for us? Or Emmit?

I mean, it was a different era.  

The Cowboys will have a real tough time beating New Orleans in the dome, or the Rams in LA.

But they will probably get the chance, as they’ll likely get the Vikings or Bears in the first round.

Didn't look like they had that tough of a time against the saints just recently....don't matter where they play...just saying get ready for the cowpukes to be in it.

Just now, RedskinsLegacy said:

Or Rams, or Bears or Vikings, anyone but Dallas.

Hell no to the Vikings..my wife's a bears fan and it's cold as **** here..dog house don't sound fun...**** the Rams, always hated them..the bears I guess it is..what was I thinking saints(thank God the wif dosent visit this site lol)

20 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So I guess we're pulling for the saints then huh?... That's who I'm going for in the NFC..

My wife’s a Saints fan and we got married in NOLA. 

I love the city.  I always root for them after the skins.  Also Brees is a class guy and fun to watch.

The Rams are also interesting because of McVay.

16 minutes ago, dyst said:

I do agree with the assessment but I feel elite talent shouldn’t be missed. They can try to find QB this year or fill in other holes. Easier to find journeymen than it is to find elite talent. Granted there is no right way to do. We drafted a guard and it got us nowhere. 

AGree about elite talent, but I think a team in need of solving the QB situation should always trump adding an elite RB or WR. QB is the most vital position n the offense. If Eli was 5 or 6 years younger, I'd have no problem with them taking Barkely. Also, this was a draft that had 5 1st round caliber QBs, which represents an opportunity to go get a young guy who might solve the issues there.  

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My wife’s a Saints fan and we got married in NOLA. 

I love the city.  I always root for them after the skins.  Also Brees is a class guy and fun to watch.

The Rams are also interesting because of McVay.

Lot of interesting angles with these likely teams... and by interesting, I mean liable to set Snyder off.  Cowboys dress us down on turkey day in a nationally televised game to take the division from us (or we just gave it away... whatever), Vikes (for obvious reasons), and the Rams - another could/shoulda. 

BTW, anyone notice anything positive from SDH?  Was pleasantly surprised to see him (as far as I could tell) start for Brown, but a qb hit and taking part in a gang tackle after a 6-8 yard run were all I noticed. 

12 hours ago, justice98 said:

Gruden probably burned the RG3 playbook. 

But IMO, it's tough to judge Johnson based on the circumstances.  Up 40, safe to say the dogs were called off on the Giants defense. 

LOL and probably true, but we saw it with our own eyes here 6 years ago, and in Baltimore, Chicago, Buffalo this year. Just getting a mobile QB can flip a switch and spark an offense. And I think it did today.

Our OL is in shambles. We cannot run. Our WRs don't produce and sure seem to drop a ton of balls. Our D has been getting torched for weeks now and a potential game manager like Sanchez thus won't cut it.  But a mobile QB can get things done.  Sure usually just for the short term, but that is exactly what we need right now.

It says something, that Jay brought him in. I am sure they tested those wheels in his tryout.

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

Marcus Allen?

Oh jeez, and already addressed. That was a million years ago. I still had my Luke Skywalker with the in wrist light saber action figure. That’s not today’s NFL. Can we stop pretending that Jim Brown will win you a championship?

• TK locked this topic

Archived