Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terminate Manusky

SavetheSkins

Bruce would fire Manusky, only he is not sure why he should, other than feeling the need to make a big splash to make it look like he is doing something to help the team.

And of course, because he would likely struggle to find anyone willing to replace him. Including, after letting walk those most likely to have earned a promotion from within. 

Bruce is so confused. His plan to stay out of the limelight has been a total disaster.  Our QB situation is even worse. I wish Jay would push back at being the guy trotted out after our endless parade of PR disasters. And tell reporters, "well, you have to ask Bruce about that."

26 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

And of course, because he would likely struggle to find anyone willing to replace him. Including, after letting walk those most likely to have earned a promotion from within. 

This. Although, we do have some talent on defense. If we add a little bit of talent, we could be an attractive destination for a defensive minded coach. 

Working where no one else wants to, presume provides one with some form of job security.

I suspect Manusky was forced to play a soft D to support our lame duck slow play low scoring run into a brick wall on 1st offense. And if true, is getting a little bit of a bad rap.

I feel like we do best on defense with players that can do man coverage. Its not that we should always be in man coverage but it gives us more options. Unfortunately, our investment in guys like Stroman, Alexander and Johnson last year was at least two guys who are best in zone (inside) and one who I'm not sure about. I guess the problem with Alexander is that he missed most of the practices and wasn't really in football shape until late in the season, but when Dunbar went down we lost some ability to disguise blitzes, and just cover WRs when we don't have pressure. I think we made some mistakes like not playing SDH and JHC more but thats probably some give and take. 

Like, I can understand DJ's statements, but from GregM's point of view, DJ probably has more faith in the back 4 than Greg does. And I think that something probably happened that caused Greg to lose faith in JHC or to make him want to play ZB and MF full time over putting JHC in. I mean the later two are definitely better against the run, and I wonder how many tackles JHC missed against a team like Atl or TB that caused us to give up bigger plays. 

While I'm fine with firing Manusky, we did him real dirty bringing in all these guys to interview while keeping him under contract. Manusky is still a respected professional football coach, he shouldn't be dicked around like this.

We just can't do anything right as an organization.

24 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

Expect anything else? Nobody wanted the job with Gruden only having 1 more year on his contract and the roster in shambles. Next season is a tanked year!

I'm down with the tankness. I hope we pull out a 2-14 and Tua Tagovailoa decides to go pro. That would be ideal. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

While I'm fine with firing Manusky, we did him real dirty bringing in all these guys to interview while keeping him under contract. Manusky is still a respected professional football coach, he shouldn't be dicked around like this.

Exactly👍🏻 Bad organizational practices imho; after all the guy is human I’m just hoping going forward he can put aside what took place and still do what’s best for the Defense in 2019

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't see how there is any argument on this, totally classless move by a totally classless organization.

Archived