Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So where do we go from here (QB wise) this year and next?

MCnDaHouse

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the quarterback position the rest of the way and into 2019?

Who would you like to see signed to finish out this season?

Who will start next year?

I'm wondering if Alex Smith will be able to play again and if so would he even be ready by next preseason? Will McCoy be back? I really hate that he didn't get his opportunity to finish out this season.

Who would you like to see us draft at QB?

Bridgewater is the best option, but we will have to cut Norman and probably someone else to free up the cap space. Too bad we didn't draft a mid round development prospect this year. I would rather lose the last 4 games kicking the tires on a rookie than pissing them away with Senor Sanchez.

4 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

For those wanting Bridgewater... many didn't think he'd ever play again either with that grotesque injury to his leg... not sure I want to play those cards again. Not with our training staff that can't seem to ever field a healthy team year after year.

Need to stop blaming the staff. Injuries are injuries. The real problem is Bruce keeping guys that have an injury history. When you keep and sign guys with injuries, you have to know they will be injured. And some of them are just fluke injuries - for example anyone blaming anything but bad luck for the two broken legs needs some therapy. 

As for Bridgewater, for me anyone you bring in should be a one year rental. The team should be looking at the 2020 draft for their QB. There is no one in the draft this year that should really excite anyone. So I could care less who they bring in for next year. They should just be keeping the seat warm for the rookie they draft in 2020. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

Need to stop blaming the staff. Injuries are injuries. The real problem is Bruce keeping guys that have an injury history. When you keep and sign guys with injuries, you have to know they will be injured. And some of them are just fluke injuries - for example anyone blaming anything but bad luck for the two broken legs needs some therapy. 

As for Bridgewater, for me anyone you bring in should be a one year rental. The team should be looking at the 2020 draft for their QB. There is no one in the draft this year that should really excite anyone. So I could care less who they bring in for next year. They should just be keeping the seat warm for the rookie they draft in 2020. 

Oh I blame them completely. Sure, bad luck as well, but there's no other explanation for two years of being the tops in IR. There has to be accountability for these guys having their bodies prepared, stretched, etc. I just don't see this type of stuff with other teams nearly as much. And when our guys go out with a toe injury, they seem to be out for half a season. Something doesn't add up.

4 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Oh I blame them completely. Sure, bad luck as well, but there's no other explanation for two years of being the tops in IR. There has to be accountability for these guys having their bodies prepared, stretched, etc. I just don't see this type of stuff with other teams nearly as much. And when our guys go out with a toe injury, they seem to be out for half a season. Something doesn't add up.

When you start with injury prone players you get injured players. How is that on the staff? But Ok, not what this thread is for. Moving on. 

And it's actually 4 of 5 yrs in the top 5 for injuries - about the time Bruce started having a bigger say on the roster. 

12 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Not two years.  8 out of the last 9 we've been in the bottom 5 of the NFL for games lost to injury

Archived