crabbypatty

The official clean house thread.. lay out your plan for the future here

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Like Kilmer's suggestion. We need to completely clean house. The culture is toxic. Everyone who is a part of it needs to be eradicated.

 

And then Dan needs to hire an outside search committee -- the NFL can provide one -- to look for a GM. 

 

Right now, the Skins coaching job is the least attractive in the league. 

 

Literally no coach has succeeded under Snyder. Gruden probably did the best. Bonkers.

 

The QB situation is the worst in the league. We won't even get the benefit of a cheap rookie QB contract because Smith's contract will be eating up so much of the cap.

 

It's just a disaster.

 

 

 

 

 

I agree with the FO structure making it less attractive, but the defense has some legit young value in the trenches to build on. Also, the Oline is solid, but could use some more young talent . 

 

The only upside for a coach is I can see Snyder giving a coach autonomy (Jim Harbaugh or Saban for example). I’m not a necessarily a proponent of those guys, just listing them as examples. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Call in a Witch Doctor to remove the curse that hangs over the team.

2) Draft a QB that will hopefully turn into a franchise QB.

3) Buy new cleats for the players. Every time you turn around they end up falling down at the worst time.

 

That's all I got.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems most everyone is primarily on the same page.

 

Only place I really differ is that  Bruce needs to be canned TODAY.  Get started on change right now.  Don’t wait until a week after the season is over and moves are already getting made.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I jus add that if yall are serious about tanking we should jus bite the bullet and cut Alex Smith.  Hes getting the money regardless, I like him but dont want him around as some reminder of how bad we f'd up.  Hell never play another snap for us, what's the point?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

 

I agree with the FO structure making it less attractive, but the defense has some legit young value in the trenches to build on. Also, the Oline is solid, but could use some more young talent . 

 

The only upside for a coach is I can see Snyder giving a coach autonomy (Jim Harbaugh or Saban for example). I’m not a necessarily a proponent of those guys, just listing them as examples. 

 

Every coach has failed under Danny. The franchise is seen as a place you go to fail. Often in drama-filled ways.

 

And the full autonomy thing has been tried twice by Dan and both ended badly. It's generally a bad idea to begin with, and then Dan would compound it by trying to exert influence anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Can I jus add that if yall are serious about tanking we should jus bite the bullet and cut Alex Smith.  Hes getting the money regardless, I like him but dont want him around as some reminder of how bad we f'd up.  Hell never play another snap for us, what's the point?

The dead cap hit would be like $40 Mil. We can't cut him until after 2020. Well, maybe after 2019 but the cap hit would still be pretty high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any one worthy of being a gm here will not want to... Give me a list of 10 excellent GM's that could be a GM here and I guarantee you seven of the 10 would say hell no to working for Snyder... Personally I think we're absolutely ****ed as long as Snyder is in the picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

 

Every coach has failed under Danny. The franchise is seen as a place you go to fail. Often in drama-filled ways.

 

And the full autonomy thing has been tried twice by Dan and both ended badly. It's generally a bad idea to begin with, and then Dan would compound it by trying to exert influence anyway. 

 

Dont disagree, how can you not lol

 

Just saying it’s a selling point that has attracted the all timers previously. Coaches want full control and not all teams are willing to offer this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wit33 said:

 

 Also, the Oline is solid

Unfortunately with what I'm seeing lately from the silverback other than I guess Moses and Scherff we could almost use a make over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warhead36 said:

The dead cap hit would be like $40 Mil. We can't cut him until after 2020. Well, maybe after 2019 but the cap hit would still be pretty high.

 

Right, I know physical. Year window was built into the contract, but my understanding is he'd get that SB money regardless of if we cut him before hand or wait until he fails a physical. Let's jus get it over with, th2 dead cap of hum staying, retired, or being cut is similar enough that I'd rather he jus not be here if we decide to nuke this team from orbit.  We wouldnt competitive until it was time for us to cut him and limit damage to cap anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Can I jus add that if yall are serious about tanking we should jus bite the bullet and cut Alex Smith.  Hes getting the money regardless, I like him but dont want him around as some reminder of how bad we f'd up.  Hell never play another snap for us, what's the point?

Because if that hits all in one year, it would hurt our ability to extend some guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Any one worthy of being a gm here will not want to... Give me a list of 10 excellent GM's that could be a GM here and I guarantee you seven of the 10 would say hell no to working for Snyder... Personally I think we're absolutely ****ed as long as Snyder is in the picture.

Unfortunately, I agree.

 

At best, we will have a random good year. 

 

Everything Danny touches dies. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am no college draft guru but I dont want the Skins to force a high pick on a QB in 2019. I really wanted them to get one of the top guys this year.

 

Of course, that would be the redskin thing to do. Try and dangle a new shiny toy and sell hope and season tickets. Only to need and find a new shiny toy to tangle the next season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until Synder sells or at the very least has a restraining order keeping him from getting within 10 miles of Redskins Park it won’t matter.  The dysfunction stems from the very top and flows down.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Because if that hits all in one year, it would hurt our ability to extend some guys.  

 

To be clear, would it all come in one year or still spread out like dead cap money normally does, which in our case would be mostly the next two?  My understanding was the later.

 

Regardless, if were talking about cutting everyone we can to bottom out this roster and acquire draft picks, who are we talking about extending and why wouldnt we have the money?  In a keep fighting scenario, I extend Preston Smith, in a total rebuild I do not.

 

Some guys in here people consider safe i dont and i dont even want to blow the tram up like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Unfortunately with what I'm seeing lately from the silverback other than I guess Moses and Scherff we could almost use a make over.

 

Williams is a freak and will play great football into his mid 30s, but can’t argue his injury issue. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I am no college draft guru but I dont want the Skins to force a high pick on a QB in 2019. I really wanted them to get one of the top guys this year.

 

Of course, that would be the redskin thing to do. Try and dangle a new shiny toy and sell hope and season tickets. Only to need and find a new shiny toy to tangle the next season.

 

 This is tough because we are about to have maybe the worst QB situation we've ever had.  How do you evaluate an offense during a rebuild with someone like butt fumble at QB?

 

I dont think we can have it both ways.  Either we try to add a QB plus peices to try to make most of this roster or we create so many holes on clearing house that trading down for picks wont make up for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we cut him, it all accelerates to the year we cut him.  He's owed 15 mill for 2019 (guaranteed) and now 16 mill for 2020 (also guaranteed because of the injury)  AND 22 mill of the signing bonuses must be allocated.

 

If we cut him before March of 2019, we owe all of it against the 2019 cap (53 mill).  After March of 2019, we would have paid 21 mill in 2019 and would owe 32 mill in 2020.  (all appx #s).  

 

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

 

Williams is a freak and will play great football into his mid 30s, but can’t argue his injury issue. 

He would make a fantastic LG if he'd take a paycut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hooper said:

 

Every coach has failed under Danny. The franchise is seen as a place you go to fail. Often in drama-filled ways.

 

And the full autonomy thing has been tried twice by Dan and both ended badly. It's generally a bad idea to begin with, and then Dan would compound it by trying to exert influence anyway. 

 

There is selection bias here, too. Only those with no other options opt to work for a guy like Snyder. Therefore, we generally don't get the "best and brightest". 

 

It will be an issue until Snyder is no longer the owner of the team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

If we cut him, it all accelerates to the year we cut him.  He's owed 15 mill for 2019 (guaranteed) and now 16 mill for 2020 (also guaranteed because of the injury)  AND 22 mill of the signing bonuses must be allocated.

 

If we cut him before March of 2019, we owe all of it against the 2019 cap (53 mill).  After March of 2019, we would have paid 21 mill in 2019 and would owe 32 mill in 2020.  (all appx #s).  

 

He would make a fantastic LG if he'd take a paycut.

 

Why though? He’s the best LT in the game now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Any one worthy of being a gm here will not want to... Give me a list of 10 excellent GM's that could be a GM here and I guarantee you seven of the 10 would say hell no to working for Snyder... Personally I think we're absolutely ****ed as long as Snyder is in the picture.

 

Correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone proposing a solution of “Snyder needs to sell the team. We wont win with anything with him” is wasting your time. We all know 2 things. Snyder sucks as an owner and he is not selling the team. The fact that he sucks as an owner may prevent a good GM from coming to the Redskins, but no one actually knows that. Because he’s never hired an actual GM. A lot of these GMs have big ego and I guarantee there is a good one that thinks they can fix this and turn it around. Even working for a guy like Snyder. But I think most of us believe that as long as Allen is there, that GM will not be allowed to do his job. And that is something that can change. Snyder can fire Allen. I’m not saying he will and he may sell the team before actually doing that. But if he fires Allen and hires a real GM, that will be the best first step.

 

The GM needs the ability to hire his coach, whether that’s Gruden or someone else. Then work with that coach to get the players in that fit what they want to do. 

 

Anything short of that will will just be repeating the same failed cycle.

Edited by Redskin4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wit33 said:

 

Why though? He’s the best LT in the game now. 

Oh I completely disagree.  But yeah, if he's seen as the best LT then you dont do anything.

 

I dont think he's in the top 10 anymore.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why we have to roll the dice with Kyle Smith & see if he is a real deal, anyone decent that would be an outside hire wouldnt want it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.