Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Morning After thread

RichmondRedskin88

I thought it might be good to have a thread for thoughts regarding the games, aftermath, direction, etc after sleeping on it a bit.

I think honestly last night will spell the end for Bruce and Gruden.  The bad publicity combined with bad results I think will be too much to overlook. I think Snyder will simply say enough is enough and clean house. 

I am not so sure, the injuries have piled up so high (again) that there will be a built in excuse for the team finishing badly.

Let's be honest, ignore everything else and just focus on the fact that the 'Skins are on their 3rd QB.  How many teams good or bad are going to be successful with the 3rd string QB?  I am not excusing Gruden, Allen, or others for everything else, because the problems were there way before Mark Sanchez was under center, but in the front office's mind, I bet they are going to look back at the 6-3 start and think "What could have been" had not half the starting offense once again go down with injuries. 

Reports are that Snyder was in the locker room post-game, consoling and encouraging players.  Not sure what that means and/or why this was the game to do that for.  Maybe it is a sign that he is blaming coaches and management for this debacle and not the players?  Who knows.

I'm generally pretty forgiving.

I've thought Jay was a decent enough coach.  I think he's got a good personality to fit into the mess that the front office/ownership situation.  He tends to handle things with grace, which I think is admirable.  We've been an average team for the most part which I think has been an upgrade over some of the stuff in the past.  We've shown signs of grit at times.

But none of it is consistent.  Some of it is due to the injuries, I know.  But we never look prepared.  We never seem to try to exploit the other team's weakness.  We shouldn't be running with only 2 quarterbacks on the roster total (no one even on the practice squad?).  So now we're in a situation going forward that every healthy quarterback on the roster will not know the playbook.  That's inexcusable.  Sanchez looked ok in hurry up, but we slowed the tempo down again after the half (we never have hurry up).  Adrian Peterson has a 90 yard run and barely gets a crack at a run again, attempting to run with Thompson instead who isn't an inside runner and just back from injury?

Unprepared.  And it's enough.

Sorry for my scatter brained rant...

The one thing that makes me cringe is that I believe Bruce Allen will keep his job by deflecting blame and responsibility.   The injury parade unfortunately helps him keep his job.  They put duct tape around the training program apparently by hiring a new trainer and selling us on an upgraded training facility and program.  Well that sure as hell did nothing.  I just wonder about the offseason training program. These guys are like chandelier's man. 

And Trent is aging and injured.  Last night he was a turnstile a few times.   I like Trent but I think we probably could use the cap relief honestly.  He is just not right.  

My beliefs is the injuries will be Bruce's ass saving.  All he has to do is point to them IMO.  I mean the record was what before the body count started?  ****ty logic but probably the logic that will be used.

As an aside I watched little Danny talking to Jerruh before the Dalass game and Danny looked so ill at ease and small in the interaction, with his suit swallowing him up and Jerruh seemed so pumped up like a rooster before the game even started.  It just stayed with me.  Dude looked so small and butt hurt and that was before the game.   I think Danny is lost. 

I have mixed thoughts about Gruden.  I am not sure he is 100% the problem BUT he needs an O Coordinator.  His focus in IMO is too split as the HC calling the plays and devising a game plan.  He needs to be evaluating the players overall.    And frankly the plays he calls are predictable, boring, and most of all, ineffective.  That alone may get him fired.  

The real dumpster fire is our D.  Our LB's can't keep up. What a disaster.   All you have to do is run your RB's or WO's to the outside and they are beat every time.  And these guys do not stay in their gaps, very undisciplined and even average players get separation.  And the lack of discipline and propensity to knock the ball out or strip it rather then make sound tackles pisses me off to no end.   Norman is a massive disappointment and Clinton Dix looks as lost as Norman is turned around.   Norman is not worth the amount we are paying.  He is not a shutdown corner.  If  he took a big pay cut he could be a number 2 or 3.  We need a massive upgrade at CB.

From the dumpster that is FEDEX, the painted dirt and rock that we call a field, to the undisciplined players, and for the most part a plug and play patched mediocre roster, with a few bright spots we are in pretty bad shape. 

Snyder needs to fire Allen right now and release foster now find a true gm that eaither cleans house or keeps the same coaching staff....last nights game..1.the Adrian Peterson run. 2. Tress way.  3.normans interception...the rest was yuk..

Out side of Kerrigan and dj no one cares to be a Redskin...the chippery cheerful attitude jersey swapping after the game is absolutely bull****..that there is another sign the NFL sucks now..can our next coach pursue our players to despise the man in front of them..not allow the jersey swapping hanging out smiling joking around..can we just get to Little league style and have all players from each team line up in a single-file line and just walk by and high five and go to the locker room...we have four more games is all thank God..of this season...after all the bs going on from the handling of Ray rice to Ruben foster the chiefs dude that got let go to Hernandez to that giants receiver shooting him self..the list goes on has me seriously losing passion for the game..

As for now I know I don't have many years left with my folks on Earth and we enjoy each other's company during the game(unless it's an ugly game and my ugly attitude gets in the way lol)so I'll continue to watch Redskins football with them as long as there still with me and who knows maybe something happens to where there is like a whole house cleaning of the NFL and they get there **** straight maybe I can continue to be a fan. But the NFL has alot and I mean ALOT of stuff to clean up. 

We have no shot at the playoffs..we know that..so this is when I get into ok who should I go for in the playoffs..pull for to make a Superbowl run..and I even feel meh about that.. so I guess I'll go for a ohhhhh let's see sain..no vikin..no..ram...no...seahaw...NO...cowpukes..NO...ahhh there we go completely forgot..lol bears and chargers Superbowl.. anything outside of that could be back to back years this nice big 65 incher does not have the Superbowl on it.

Snyder's alleged expertise is marketing. The last week in Redskins Land can't have left a good impression on him.

The Foster waiver claim is so inexplicable, that I'd have fired Bruce already. Find a genuine football guy and let him decide what to do with Gruden, Doug etc.

Gruden does not know how to make any kind of adjustments whatsoever, whether in-game or at the half. Just as bad, we had nearly two full weeks to prepare for this game, and he did nothing to attack the Eagles' biggest weakness (that secondary). Don't get me started on Gruden's offensive game plan (literally and figuratively). We should have screened and slanted the Eagles to death, with heavy doses of AP running and AP + Thompson catching it out of the flat. Play-action worked early on, and certainly after that long run by AP. Why on God's green earth are we running CT up the middle after the dude just came back from rib injuries. He's not George Rogers or Riggo. On the other side of the ball, that defense has talent, but Manusky has essentially been figured out. It's not bend-but-don't break. It's march-down-the-field-because-we-can't-stop-em. The end zone provides a shortened field that gives the D an advantage. From the 20 to the 20, we stink, especially with LB coverage. Did I actually see Kerrigan on Ertz?

Last night hammered home an important point: When your O-line has had problems staying healthy, and verbal support for your backup QB always comes with the proviso "if he can stay healthy", you simply DON"T go into the season carrying just 2 QBs on the roster. It's just plain dumb. Maybe Gruden was holding a roster spot open in case Ryan Grant wanted to come back.

Swearinger is a competitor and the guy is obviously pained when we lose, and especially when, in his own words, the team can't even do the simple "stuff" right. We don't get any further with Gruden at the helm than he's already taken us; that's clear. And there is no way in hell George Allen's son should be involved in any way with the selection of the next coach. Injuries are no excuse, either. It's been a consistent, unacceptable combination of ill-prepared teams, lack of adjustment, poor decision-making (Joe Barry, give me a break!), and awful playcalling when we actually have some well-designed angles of attack in that playbook. Gruden can design an offense, but is terrible at knowing how and when to exploit advantages. Clean house.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Did anybody notice how they had Colt walking to the locker room after the x-ray presumably confirmed a broken leg?  

I was saying last night that it felt like an eternity before any news came out about his leg.  Similar to what it was like in the National Championship at Texas. I can’t imagine the guy should have kept on playing from what it looked like.  I was kind of shocked when they came out and said his season was done.

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

Keep F5’ing ESPN looking for Breaking News “Redskins fire Allen and Gruden”

Theyre not going to do anything while theyre still technically in the playoff race. Something has got to give at the end of the year though. Probably not Gruden yet though. They still owe him too much $

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Surrender kitty

Said in another thread that until we can win a game without Alex, it's really hard to say what games are winnable or not anymore.  Theres a different between hope and blind faith, Giants game looks like a last stand.

I have some hope we’ll clean house regardless of injuries etc. Hear me out...

If if we go into next season with Bruce/Jay at the wheel fan interest will be the lowest it’s been under Danny boy. They are already begging people to go the games. Giving away tickets. Pleading with fans to not boo. I could go on...

Nationally we’ll be totally irrelevant. If the cowboys make the playoffs they’ll get tons of attention win or lose. Danny boy won’t like it. 

Hopefully he sees this coming and cleans house. 

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I am not so sure, the injuries have piled up so high (again) that there will be a built in excuse for the team finishing badly.

Let's be honest, ignore everything else and just focus on the fact that the 'Skins are on their 3rd QB.  How many teams good or bad are going to be successful with the 3rd string QB?  I am not excusing Gruden, Allen, or others for everything else, because the problems were there way before Mark Sanchez was under center, but in the front office's mind, I bet they are going to look back at the 6-3 start and think "What could have been" had not half the starting offense once again go down with injuries. 

Reports are that Snyder was in the locker room post-game, consoling and encouraging players.  Not sure what that means and/or why this was the game to do that for.  Maybe it is a sign that he is blaming coaches and management for this debacle and not the players?  Who knows.

The Miami Sharks made the playoffs.

gallery_movies_greatest_sport_movies_1.j

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Did anybody notice how they had Colt walking to the locker room after the x-ray presumably confirmed a broken leg?  

Mind you they just let him walk off with whom I assumed was his wife. No crutches, wheel chair or medical staff? Add in that the game was in Philly, so it's not like a home game where your players know where they are going. 

Honestly? Did no one outside of his wife care enough to ensure he's going the right direction? 

My thoughts on the game: 

a2f784d0be9fb0ea0299f4492b36bd52a1ffb372

It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have a promising start, but we did and now I feel like this. 

My thoughts going forward: 

Gruden - He'll stay, but he won't get extended. This is his last year under contract and it's guaranteed. Besides whomever would take over has Smith's contract, so mind as well tie Gruden to most of the Smith mistake. 

Allen - We hate him, but I honestly think Snyder loves him. In all these horrible moves we default to blaming Allen, when truthfully he's just a meat shield for Snyder's meddling. 

Roster - With all these injuries I don't know what is what. Are Williams and Norman not worth the money? I don't know, but I'm left feeling they are under-performing. Is the best player on this roster really a 33 year old runningback? How does our young, talented DT tandum get completely overwhelmed all game long? 

Other - We are cursed. Not sure if it's the Foster signing, the Redskins name or something stupid like the bankrupt airlines peanuts. We get no calls or breaks. It doesn't matter what god you worship, he/she got together with the other gods and they decided it's going to be a tough go as a Redskins fan. 

Archived