Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Embrace [Insert QB name here] Thread

NickyJ

This is gonna sound like another joke, but I'm half-serious, or at least half-intrigued at this point.

Is it possible to sign a member of your coaching staff, as a backup player ?

Interesting fact - our current QB Coach is not very far removed from being an NFL backup QB - and he even backed up Tom Brady.

And he's the same age as Alex Smith.

Again, only half-serious. It's not that far-fetched though. We'd just have to fire him as a coach, then sign him as a player :)

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sanchez won’t last 6 quarters behind this patchwork line.  We need to sign 3-4 guys to finish the season.

On this note, maybe go with "Fresh Meat" for the next guy.. and then II, III, IV for the QBs starting next.. and next.. and... 

Hard to imagine any one guy surviving more than a half anyway. 

9 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Honestly when I first responded I thought it said 2019, but I let my post stand. 

For this year, my first choice would be to sign Kurt Benkert off the Falcons PS. Young guy with at least a hint of upside, could at least be around for next year's camp. Sign whatever vet to back up Sanchez for a couple of games until Kurt learns the offense a little. I don't really care who.

Honestly, this is the best approach. I don’t know if it’s the guy in Atlanta or some other guy. But sign one of these bums off the street and sign a young guy off a PS to learn. It’s almost a guarantee the last game or 2 will be meaningless. What’s the point of having Sanchez, Bradford, Manuel, Yates, or whoever out there in meaningless games. Most likely they will be cut at the end of the year. If you can find a young guy, maybe he has a shot of sticking around. 

At this point, it doesn't matter who they sign. 

If we go 1-3 to end the season, which would be a miracle, we may get a top 10 pick.  Personally, and I mean this, I hope we go 0-4.  No reason to do anything stupid and trade away what little talent we have or sign someone who will drive away even more fans than this putrid team will in the next 4 weeks.  Get some bodies with some experience to replace Sanchez when he gets injured and call it a season.

If Snyder really wants to make a statement, he needs to fire Jay and Bruce this morning.

Sad thing is, Colt was getting the ball to guys before they were breaking their route. The PI to Crowder pass was what jay's offense is predicated on. Find the right match up, then release the ball before receiver is out of his break and if the timing is right, its a completion even against good coverage. I know Colt only had a handful of passes (4-4)  and Im not saying we win if Colt didnt get hurt .. but it hurts seeing Colt getting his chance, Jay maybe feeling some relief he has a guy who will at least let it go and trust his receivers and what the coaches are asking him to do ..

Nice having Crowder back. He had 4 catches on 4 targets, quiet second half (for obvious reasons) but its nice having a guy who has a feel for the game, can get open and give his QB a target.

I go with colt next year.  Cheaper alternative.  He is already signed.  Work out a settlement deal with Alex or trade.  Might be tough coming off injury. Will have to pass physical.  Draft young prospect in first two rounds.  Will Grier.  Drew Lock.

Fire Allen.  Fire Manusky.   Elevate Kyle Smith to GM.  Let him hire d coordinator.  Jay has clearly failed here three times.

Jay has always liked Colt like a son.  Didn't want to really pay Kirk.  But couldn't sell brass on Colt.

Allows rookie to sit first year like Mahomes and Trubiski.  Which really seems to help young qbs.

Last year of Jays contract.  Make assessment on him.  

Otherwise you gotta clean house totally.

My short answer:  Colt.

Archived