Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Carson Wince & the Philthy Beagles

TK

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

For anyone saying things might improve if Gruden gave up playcalling, then what's the point of him?

That was supposed to be his one positive. He's not a leader of men, he's not an X's and O's genius, he's not a preparation freak, he's not a strict accountability disciplinarian...he's just a guy who doesn't offend anybody and gets along with the players. We know he sucks, but if he also sucks at calling plays and designing anything more than what we've put on tape the last 5 years...what's the end game here. Bye dude.

You sound more like me than I do...

Just now, skinfan2k said:

i think he is a leader of men.  people keep playing for him but look at what he has playing for him.  It's garbage.  We dont even have a #1 WR, #2 WR, we have a 33 yr RB, we have a banged up TE.  we have 0 promise on offense 

We looked to have zero promise on offense going into the year, besides our entire bundle of hopes and dreams resting on Guice's shoulders before he got hurt I guess. 

We probably have a different definition of "leader of men", but I can see what you're saying at least. I just think there's more to it than doing the bare minimum and not quitting during times of adversity. We are unprepared, sloppy with low football IQ all over the roster, practices and training camp are a joke, there's very little accountability. Gruden is a nice guy. I like his press conferences and I think in the right situation with a stud QB and a good roster/GM he could be a winner.  He's not going to sink you and there isn't drama in his locker rooms really. But he's not what we need, and neither is the FO he's stuck with (but fully on board and complicit with imo). We need a fresh start, a shake up, and a complete paradigm shift in the FO and coaching staff. 

Just now, Simmsy said:

Even better, I have great seats for the next game. I get to watch the failure up close. And...and...I get to spend $200 on alcohol to watch Sanchez. 

It’s your own fault. You should know better.

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

If you know that's what you are going to do, why would you wait? Just like Booger McFarland said about the Packers firing McCarthy. 

Yeah well since “booger” thinks it’s a good idea lol...  what’s the benefit?   Is our next HC on staff?  Season is over there is no benefit to making the move now IMO.   But since booger said so....

1 minute ago, MediocreGymnast said:

66! 66! that road is horrible.  but yeah. those would be nicer places than landover I suppose.  I prob wouldn't go to see the team until snyder wasn't controlling owner. I heard he only owns 20% or so, we just need someone to buy like 7% more.

maybe we can all break into our 401k's? I mean I am pretty much willing to do anything at this point to get my team back. The past 2 decades are starting to even break me down. And I never thought that was possible. 

3 minutes ago, carex said:

who exactly was running things then when the Bengals got good and Dalton became a quality QB?  They had a defensive minded head coach

They also had, it turns out, AJG, Gio Bernard in his prime, Marvin Jones, Mohammad Sanu, healthy Tyler Eifert...it was a stacked offense with a decent defense and still never went anywhere. 

Archived