Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Carson Wince & the Philthy Beagles

TK

7 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Thats fine. When Alex Smith goes into media and starts hanging a guy out to dry over unproven and unclear allegations then i will condemn him too.

Until that point, and regardless of it, Witten either supports guys getting a second chance in the league or he doesnt. He doesnt get to talk out of both sides of his mouth about it.

Im not sayong Jason supports DV or even that he doesnt care about it. What im saying is he doesnt get to engage in the kind of hypocrisy he has tonight unchallenged.

Why are you even still here btw?

Ok, we can agree to disagree on this issue.  It isn't relevant to the game thread, and I don't mean to express any disrespect.

And, I have been here for almost a decade before you first joined according to our profiles... so... I'm still here because this is a great site to discuss Redskins football.

31 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Maybe you are right, if only Jason understood these issues as well as you he could have actually addressed them to help others.  Instead, he spent all his energy trying to recruit Greg Hardy.  Just like every Redskin who doesn't speak out about Foster thinks it is great that he is their new teammate.  I know guys like Alex Smith and others would be lining up to condemn the move otherwise.  Here is some information about Witten's charity.  You might want to look it over before you define him on the issue.  You do not know anything about the guy, or his life's work.  Just because you don't condemn some one in the media, does not mean you don't detest them.   

Through his own charitable foundation, Jason Witten’s SCORE Foundation, Witten has launched numerous outreach programs and funded several new building projects in Texas and his native Tennessee.

Edit

First, I have no problem with him trashing the Redskins for claiming Foster. However, it is a bit hypocritical when he never said a word about Hardy.

And no one said what's bolded (first). You defended his position on DV by bringing up his organization, like that makes it all OK. If he really felt that strongly he should have at least made mention of it - that he didn't agree with the signing. But he has said nothing. He is not even on the team now. He could have brought it up. 

No one here said the Redskins players had a charity to support those affected by DV and also were OK with them being quiet. If they do have such a charity and did not/do not speak up, then they are just as much a hypocrite as Witten. Silence is complicity! 

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If you can't motivate yourself in a first place game because the patchwork offense with a third string QB isn't scoring points then I don't really want you on this team. That's a garbage excuse for professional athletes getting paid millions of dollars regardless.

Like I said, they're human. That money dont mean **** when its game time. They didnt go into this game with that mentality. But throughout the course of the game, they broke. It happens all the time with good defenses that constantly have to carry unproductive offenses. Offense has been trash. ALL season. The games we won this season were because of our defense. Like I said, I cant blame them if they were unmotivated with our offense constantly getting off the field. 

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

He only wants back in the league so he can push his agenda more publically against the league.

Huh? His agenda was never against the league. The league, and team owners, created an agenda against him for speaking out against police brutality. And thats why he sued the league. He should keep speaking up for injustices, just like many current players still do

4 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

just saying.. if we beat NY next week, and SEA beats MIN (which id bet would happen), we're back in the 6th seed....oh, and if DAL beats PHI (which will happen too)

Dude, please. Mark ****ing Sanchez is our starting QB. We'll be lucky to win anther game this year. Our offense is putrid, decimated by injuries, and run by a bunch of buffoons who get out coached every game. 

This season is over. The worst part is Gruden well probably get anther pass because of injuries, even though the team was starting to putrify long before Smith broke his leg.

3 minutes ago, respectgibbs said:

Do you pro-Kaep guys not realize he's a hardcore Marxist that basically wants to bring down western civilization? He views the world as oppressor vs. oppressed. He doesn't like what America stands for. It's clear where his motivations are, and it's clearly not playing football. 

Funny, ive never heard him say any of that. I think he just wants the cops to stop murdering unarmed black men.

Are you Joseph McCarthy?

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Dude, please. Mark ****ing Sanchez is our starting QB. We'll be lucky to win anther game this year. Our offense is putrid, decimated by injuries, and run by a bunch of buffoons who get out coached every game. 

This season is over. The worst part is Gruden well probably get anther pass because of injuries, even though the team was starting to putrify long before Smith broke his leg.

i know i know. i dont see them going 3-1. im just saying, we still mathematically have decent odds. just more of a response to the seasons over people, when technically theyre still very much in it

14 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

i would love for them to bring in kap (people that are against him are objectively wrong, so screw em). but i doubt anyone signs him because:

1) he said he wants to start if hes gonna play again, and he was a backup before he left

2) current litigation with the nfl might keep him from signing any contracts with any teams

FACTS...........At this point if people still think Kap kneeling was to disrespect the military......nevermind, not trying to get banned. Long story short, Im sure Dan would be pissed to lose fans, because that's horrible for business. But I could give a frenchmens **** if they never support the Skins again. 

14 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I kind of expected it.  Didn't really say it out loud.  But on the inside, I wasn't very excited about the game because I knew.

First season opener I remember sitting with my dad ready to go I asked if we were going to be good this year.  He didn't lie to me, said "I don't know".  We lost our first 5, won our next 5, then lost to Dallas effectively ending our season. 

I keep telling myself I'll appreciate it more when it does happen, but it's really been about that time I spent with my dad.  We know what's going to happen, that stopped being the point a long time ago, ya know?

Just now, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

FACTS...........At this point if people still think Kap kneeling was to disrespect the military......nevermind, not trying to get banned. Long story short, Im sure Dan would be pissed to lose fans, because that's horrible for business. But I could give a frenchmens **** if they never support the Skins again. 

ya im with you. but the whole "he doesnt want to lose fans" thing is kinda dumb too... he has the most polarizing team name in sports, just signed an (alleged) domestic abuser, and has one of the worst performing nfl teams of the last decade. dont think he has to worry about losing support...

5 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Huh? His agenda was never against the league. The league, and team owners, created an agenda against him for speaking out against police brutality. And thats why he sued the league. He should keep speaking up for injustices, just like many current players still do

If all you want him here for is so you can rah-rah his social justice agaenda, you are here for the wrong reasons.

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

i know i know. i dont see them going 3-1. im just saying, we still mathematically have decent odds. just more of a response to the seasons over people, when technically theyre still very much in it

Technically, yes.

Realistically? **** no. It's much more likely that we loose out than go 3-1

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

About as nuts as signing Ruben Foster?

I agree we should avoid Kap, we are already teethering on circus territory again, if we're going to lose, lets just lose in peace with some dignity.

We are devoid of dignity at this point. **** it. Lets go down in a blaze of glory. Wildcats and flea flickers every play, fake punts and fake FGs every time ST line up. Every kick off is an onside kick. If we're going to lose out then lets blow the damn thing up while we do it. Be way more fun to watch.

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

If all you want him here for is so you can rah-rah his social justice agaenda, you are here for the wrong reasons.

uh no.. i want him here because i think hes more talented than all the other options (sanchez, tj yates, ej manuel)... his "social justice agaenda" is an added bonus :)

25 minutes ago, carex said:

they'r still the champs and we're the guys starting Colt McCoy and a bunch of people who are well below 100%

They were the champs last year.  This year they were a below .500 team who has been struggling, down to their 5th and 6th corners, and banged up elsewhere.

A better coached team at least starts the game better than giving up a 7:30 TD drive them going 3-out.

And Jay LOVES McCoy.  It’s not just coach speak, you can hear it in his voice, he thinks McCoy can start in this league.  

The defense at the beginning of the game didn’t have that many injuries, and still played like crap the entire game.  

Gruden even said that with their personnel, 440 yards is unacceptable.

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

Such a promising start of the year

Such a disappointing second half

This is what beeing a Redskins fan is. Get hope, be excited and then get punched in the face with bad football. 

hey, at least part of the season was fun this year. usually we're ****ty from the start

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Jumbo warned about posting Kaep political-ly stuff in here. That's usually a pretty solid sign not to do it, else you get some word salad of indecipherable insults and a possible time out. Just trying to help out.

Yes, but since McCoy got injured tonight, everyone is bringing up the idea of signing him now. Even on tv.

I only mentioned the "politics" material as a reason to stay away from him.

Not to discuss its merits.

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

I don't know if he can do that 🤔. He then loses his "claim"/court against the nfl I think. If he doesn't return calls. Means that he has no intention to return and his claim would then be incorrect. 

You have a very valid point and my choice of words about returning calls was poor, but my opinion about him not wanting to play still stands. 

39 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Imagine how much a loss or a playcalling error would have pissed off an Internet full of Skins fans during the glory years when SB's were a legitimate expectation. I live in NE. You should hear the stuff fans have found to **** and care about through the years of this Patriots dynasty. They get to the AFCCG and have a coin clip chance of getting to or winning the SB every year of Brady's career and yet the fans care about every little thing like it's life or death. This fanbase is losing that, people are apathetic as evidenced by this thread. We're all going through the motions and we want things to be better, but how many people are actually surprised or angry at this game? Few. 

you will see how angry by the number of the constantly growing vacant seats at the last 2 home games.  Fans have had enough of the B Allen bull and hype and the Snyder regime.  Next years season ticket sales will plummet even further.  Snyder will go back to selling to the ticket brokers.  So sad what this franchise has become.  Most of the fanbase never experienced the failures back in Sonny's days only to see them rise to being respected and feared.  Now we have become the NFC Cleveland under Snyder and a Front Office joke.     

Archived