Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Carson Wince & the Philthy Beagles

TK

We started colt McCoy, and soon after put in mark freakin Sanchez.  Our offense wasn't able to do much all night save for an awesome Peterson run and some gimme pass plays before the half.  The defense had a nice goal line stand, Norman's pick was pretty sweet.  I know the eagles moved the ball and put up some yards, but manusky and the defense are not the reason we lost tonight.  It's the putrid offense.  And it's not getting any better this season.  And with a worn out defense on the field for 40 minutes a game, they will continue to give up yardage.  But the defense is not the root of our problem.  You can't expect them to shut the other team down while our offense does three and outs all game.

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Chris Russell's argument against signing Kaepernick is that he hasn't played in two years. The bum that we played at qb tonight has been in the league, Kaepernick can't be much worse. 

Kaepernick in addition to not being very good is highly polarizing.  Snyder would be nuts to bring him in and piss off a lot of fans.

10 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Part of me cant even blame the defense. They are probably so unmotivated playing with this horrible offense. They've been saving their ass all season. Alex Smith at least gave them a slight glimmer of hope. To try to fight it out. Now they fighting it out just for Sanchez and Grudens garbage play calling to lean on. They're only human. 

If you can't motivate yourself in a first place game because the patchwork offense with a third string QB isn't scoring points then I don't really want you on this team. That's a garbage excuse for professional athletes getting paid millions of dollars regardless.

We looked really bad tonight, outside of one 90 yard AP run.  Shocker? No.  The real Shocker?  Jay Gruden wasnt fired 4 years ago.

Seriously, when was the last time we actually finished a game well?  When was the last time we were known for making good adjustments and performing better in the second half?  No, we always finish a game far worse than we started.  It snowballs.  It Grudens.

i would love for them to bring in kap (people that are against him are objectively wrong, so screw em). but i doubt anyone signs him because:

1) he said he wants to start if hes gonna play again, and he was a backup before he left

2) current litigation with the nfl might keep him from signing any contracts with any teams

41 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Yeah well since “booger” thinks it’s a good idea lol...  what’s the benefit?   Is our next HC on staff?  Season is over there is no benefit to making the move now IMO.   But since booger said so....

He wasn't talking about the Redskins' situation. It was when they were talking about the Packers. And I'm not giving him credit for the idea. Just agreeing with the point. If Jay is going to get canned the day after the season ends, why not just do it now and get a jump n preparing for what they're going to do with the vacancy? I doubt very much that anyone currently on staff would even be considered for the position, since you asked.  

What's your theory as to the benefit of keeping a lame duck coach in for the rest of the season (again, this is assuming Gruden is definitely out, which is what the situation in Green Bay was; they knew McCarthy was done)? If Snyder had his mind made up now, what would he gain by not pulling the trigger now, the way he did with Norv Turner, who had a winning record when he was released, BTW? 

2 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Kaepernick in addition to not being very good is highly polarizing.  Snyder would be nuts to bring him in and piss off a lot of fans.

Really don't care how some fans feel about Kaepernick.  I'm more interested in winning.  

10 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Maybe you are right, if only Jason understood these issues as well as you he could have actually addressed them to help others.  Instead, he spent all his energy trying to recruit Greg Hardy.  Just like every Redskin who doesn't speak out about Foster thinks it is great that he is their new teammate.  I know guys like Alex Smith and others would be lining up to condemn the move otherwise.  Here is some information about Witten's charity.  You might want to look it over before you define him on the issue.  You do not know anything about the guy, or his life's work.  Just because you don't condemn some one in the media, does not mean you don't detest them.   

Thats fine. When Alex Smith goes into media and starts hanging a guy out to dry over unproven and unclear allegations then i will condemn him too.

Until that point, and regardless of it, Witten either supports guys getting a second chance in the league or he doesnt. He doesnt get to talk out of both sides of his mouth about it.

Im not sayong Jason supports DV or even that he doesnt care about it. What im saying is he doesnt get to engage in the kind of hypocrisy he has tonight unchallenged.

Why are you even still here btw?

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

And with a worn out defense on the field for 40 minutes a game, they will continue to give up yardage.  But the defense is not the root of our problem.  You can't expect them to shut the other team down while our offense does three and outs all game.

They gave up a 9 minute drive to start the game! The offense hadn't even smelled the field yet. The Eagles hadn't scored in the first quarter for five games. Of COURSE they break that easily against our defense. 

Our defense is horrible. Our offense is horrible. Our coaches are horrible. Our front office and owner are horrible. No one gets a pass for not doing their job competently. 

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

We started colt McCoy, and soon after put in mark freakin Sanchez.  Our offense wasn't able to do much all night save for an awesome Peterson run and some gimme pass plays before the half.  The defense had a nice goal line stand, Norman's pick was pretty sweet.  I know the eagles moved the ball and put up some yards, but manusky and the defense are not the reason we lost tonight.  It's the putrid offense.  And it's not getting any better this season.  And with a worn out defense on the field for 40 minutes a game, they will continue to give up yardage.  But the defense is not the root of our problem.  You can't expect them to shut the other team down while our offense does three and outs all game.

They had the perfect playcall for everything. The first drive had zero negative plays. Every screen was off a blitz. It was as if they knew the calls before the players did. If that ain't coaching then I don't know what is.

I love how the organization, and many of the fans, were all so nonchalant about having Mark Sanchez as our backup QB, because no one expected he'd actually have to play.  Sure, we convinced ourselves he was better than Kaep...  Easy to make those kinds of arguments when you pretty much have yourself convinced he'll never actually be pressed into service.

Well, he was pressed into service, and we saw first-hand what the actual results were.... not good.  

4 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

About as nuts as signing Ruben Foster?

I agree we should avoid Kap, we are already teethering on circus territory again, if we're going to lose, lets just lose in peace with some dignity.

22 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Manusky should be fired tonight for that **** defense

On the bright side for Manusky and the defense, they probably won't make the playoffs.

So they won't have to wait for walkthroughs. They'll be able laugh, joke, and goof around at their own leisure. 

If it's strictly a "football decision", then I'm not sure Kaep is not a better option than Yates, Manuel, or whoever else. This team may not be able to handle the controversy, from a leadership/business aspect though. Like it or not, Sanchez is the guy for the rest of the year. Whoever else comes in, doesn't really matter. It's over for this year.

Do you pro-Kaep guys not realize he's a hardcore Marxist that basically wants to bring down western civilization? He views the world as oppressor vs. oppressed. He doesn't like what America stands for. It's clear where his motivations are, and it's clearly not playing football. 

Just now, Dissident2 said:

They gave up a 9 minute drive to start the game! The offense hadn't even smelled the field yet. The Eagles hadn't scored in the first quarter for five games. Of COURSE they break that easily against our defense. 

Our defense is horrible. Our offense is horrible. Our coaches are horrible. Our front office and owner are horrible. No one gets a pass for not doing their job competently. 

So they are down seven in the first quarter.  Not a big deal.  They came back and took the lead after that.

And I haven't gone back and watched it, and probably will never, but Wentz made some unreal throws on that first drive.  First completion was in a tight window. That throw to Tate down the sideline was unbelievable.  Even the TD was just past stromans fingertips. 

The offense is absolutely terrible.  In its current state with Sanchez and our banged up o line and next to nothing for receiving weapons we are probably the worst offense in the league.  With an offense that can move the chains, we are in that game til the end.   

I just don't understand how people can blame the defense for tonight.  The 85 bears and Mark Sanchez would've lost tonight. 

15 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

i would love for them to bring in kap (people that are against him are objectively wrong, so screw em). but i doubt anyone signs him because:

1) he said he wants to start if hes gonna play again, and he was a backup before he left

2) current litigation with the nfl might keep him from signing any contracts with any teams

The man hasn't played football in over two years. Anybody who thinks they are getting the super bowl kaepernick is kidding themselves.

Bringing in a polarizing figure like kaepernick would just be adding another ring to the circus.

Do you really think that man has any interest in helping the Redskins, or any team for that matter, win games? He only wants back in the league so he can push his agenda more publically against the league.

He'll be spending all his time kneeling down, making speeches, and posturing.

The Redskins already have enough trouble. We don't need kaepernick here to add to it.

This team is ****ing cursed. The season is over. 

6-3. 6 and ****ing 3, and then we lose both our QBs, the defense starts to fall apart, and we go into the ****ter. We'll be lucky to finish 7-9. 

Typical goddamn Redskins. Every year is something new. Some new way to dissapoint us fans and let us know how unlucky, inept, and pathetic we are as a franchise. 

People have the nerve to wonder why our stadiums are half empty every game? 

Archived