Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audi Field to Host Washington DC Defenders XFL Team in 2020

Ron78

What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?

• Attend games at Audi Field
    • Watch games at home or in sports bars
    • I will not support this team

I went to the game the other day.  Bought season tickets (well 1).   It was an enjoyable game, but by halftime I was freezing and it was 45 degrees outside.  I think the cold weather is going to be a buzz kill for most people.   I definitely don't see them getting 17k next Saturday.     They hyped up this game big time, (first ever XFL game as well as first ever Defender game.)

42 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

I went to the game the other day.  Bought season tickets (well 1).   It was an enjoyable game, but by halftime I was freezing and it was 45 degrees outside.  I think the cold weather is going to be a buzz kill for most people.   I definitely don't see them getting 17k next Saturday.     They hyped up this game big time, (first ever XFL game as well as first ever Defender game.)

Just layer up. 

Two undefeated teams Saturday plus we know what to expect now that both teams played a game. Plus **** new York. I just assume Mara owns the guardians lol

The reception to the DC defenders is AMAZING! Went to a bar in ashburn to watch expecting to be the only one.  There was a crowd that built up to about 25 people all watching and cheering for the Defenders.

DC is STARVED for a winning football team!  

• Like 2

I went to the game on Saturday and came away thoroughly impressed....definitely some kinks to work out though:

• I got in early, but it took me 35 mins to get a beer. The lines for food/drinks everywhere were way too long. I've been to DC United games and this is what happens there too....not quite sure why Audi Field hasn't fixed this.
  • Plenty of times the audio got cut - like when they tried starting the first DC chant to get everyone to raise the foam shields or when they announced the starting offense, no one heard anything as the players ran on the field.

Positives:

• Audi Field is perfectly put together - not a bad seat in the house. I wish the Redskins new stadium would be a slightly larger version of this. They got it right: an intimate experience and with the right local amenities
  • The crowd was into the game from the start
  • DC might be the best team in the league and that's because we have a legit QB

I will definitely be checking out more games this season.

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, carex said:

is this going to be the game day thread?  It was a terrible idea to try to play with that injured guy down right on the sideline

It was last week. *shrug*

Pep Hamilton will be back in the NFL soon. The guy is charismatic, knowledgeable and seemingly likable.