Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

I feel like we are playing the innocent until proven guilty card with Foster. Legal team running the show by the books! But what if Hunt never gets charged, one could argue the cough legal precedent we are setting with Foster seems to green light going after Hunt too. 

Talk about a new marketing angle....

None of this matters anyways because hes always been overrated as a player, even if he didnt have the personal issues he would have a hard time beating out Mason Foster. He seems to lack discipline and shoots the wrong gap pretty frequently and has always been on highlights because of flashy big hits.

The video aspect is interesting to me.  On one hand, I can see why the NFL/Chiefs wouldn't work very hard to obtain the video, so they can have plausible deniability. But, it could also be the case that the hotel and/or police had clear policies against releasing this type of video.  TMZ is willing to use ethically questionable methods to get a copy... Such as paying an employee of the hotel/police department to break the policy and make a copy of the video.  Maybe the team or NFL wouldn't be willing to take that step.  Either way, the availability of the video makes a huge difference.  The video was played on several networks throughout the day... I don't think any team will be willing to take the risk to sign him with that type of media scrutiny, at least until the story is out of the media for a year or so.

The aspect of this that relates to Foster, is that the NFL will face more scrutiny for how the punish him than they would have if there was no video to put violence against women, by NFL players, back in the national spotlight.

I saw the video. Definitely not the worst thing I've seen an athlete do. It really wasn't that horrible, honestly. Somebody is going to claim him. He's a hell of a talent, and only 23 years old.

We already have a PR problem after getting Foster, might as well add to it in the short term and have a dynamic playmaker for next season.

26 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Honestly, it'd be kind of fun to sign Kareem Hunt. I say go big or go home. If we're going to be bad, we might as well be the baddest ever.

Well, I think Ray Rice is actually younger than AP... And I believe he is eligible to play at this point.  ☹️

7 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Well, I think Ray Rice is actually younger than AP... And I believe he is eligible to play at this point.  ☹️

Ray Rice is done.  Some people stay young longer than others.

But if Doug Williams wants to bring him in for a workout, I won't second guess it.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I feel like we are playing the innocent until proven guilty card with Foster. Legal team running the show by the books! But what if Hunt never gets charged, one could argue the cough legal precedent we are setting with Foster seems to green light going after Hunt too. 

Talk about a new marketing angle....

I don't think anyone cares about legal convictions, it's a question of did it happen or not. With Hunt there's a video so there's no doubt about what he did.  What the legal system does is a different story.  With Foster the situation is less clear. He's been accused twice by the same person, but that person also previously recanted.  In fact, recanted is an understatement:

Ennis — who had begun recanting her original story within two days of relaying it, the district attorney confirmed in court, and formally did so through her attorney in late April — said on Thursday all those behaviors she described were lies.

“I wanted to sue Reuben,” Ennis said under oath. “It was a money scheme. It was all about money. I wanted to get him.”

“I really wanted to kill him,” she added. “I was so hurt.”

Ennis said she became visibly upset the morning Foster said he wanted to break up with her and that she chased after him with threats as he tried to run away from her.

“I told him I’m about to f–k yo s–t up, make sure you don’t have a job tomorrow,” she said, as reported by The Athletic.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/17/nfl-players-ex-girlfriend-brutal-allegations-were-lies-for-money/

There's no video with Foster and it's just being assumed true at this point.  With good reason.

14 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Wheres the "Welcome to the Redskins Kareem Hunt" thread?  Guess we are waiting until after the weekend?

Im not sure how anything Hunt did is any worse than what Foster did.

It's not. Hunt is a dumbass, but I think the Chiefs kind of overreacted here. The best hit in the footage was Hunt getting 5 to the eyes. He wasn't even charged in the incident. 

He shoved her and gave her a kick so light that if he was trying an onside kick, and she was a football, it wouldn't have traveled the necessary 10 yards. 

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I didn't know this was a thing 9 months ago, I didn't remember it being in the news. 

You're most likely right, the Chiefs were probably complicit in covering it up.  But a lot has happened in 9 months and while I agree with your take on Tyreek Hill, they have gone from a team that was looked at as a playoff contender to a legit Super Bowl contender.  They could have suspended him, brought him back in time for the playoffs or tried a stall tactic to delay any punishment but they didn't.  I'm not saying the Chiefs get it right 100% of the time but this time they did.

How did they get it right this time? They knew this video was there and could come up (if thy didn't they are incompetent as hell of chose purposefully to ignore evidence, either way it's not good). Instead of cutting him then, they played keep away for 9 months. then the video comes out and all of a sudden they are taking the moral high ground? They are only releasing him because the video surfaced. Had it never been released he keeps on playing. As someone else pointed out as long as Tyrek Hill is on the team, sorry but they get no moral high ground.

4 hours ago, Alexa said:

That was not like a brutal kick or anything. It was more like a tap. It was wrong but c'mon, hardly anything that would injure someone. 

It has nothing to do with the end result, it's the intent. Just because he didn't really connect and hurt her badly does not make not as bad. If he could have gotten a cleaner shot he could have hurt her. His intent was to hurt her.

A little sympathy for the dude with the indecipherable t-shirt. Tries to intercede and block the woman from following Hunt, is facing her and smiling. Get's shoved backwards by the hussy just as Hunt comes juggernaut charging while lowering a shoulder right into the middle of this dude's spine. Must have had whiplash from that impact. Watch his head fling back as he's pulling Gs. Looked like he gotten taken out by a rogue wave. Not only does he fly 12 feet across the lobby and damn near right into an elevator door, but he wipes out the woman too. Lordy. 

52 minutes ago, max21 said:

We don’t need Kareem hunt. Guice is going to eat next year. 

They’re different skillsets. Guice is more of a shifty guy like AP while Hunt is more of a bruiser that can also catch really well. Drama aside, it would be a very scary duo.

4 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Wheres the "Welcome to the Redskins Kareem Hunt" thread?  Guess we are waiting until after the weekend?

Im not sure how anything Hunt did is any worse than what Foster did.

Agreed.

I actually think the Chiefs dumped him because he lied to them back at the time this happened (and not necessarily because of the act itself). 

From what I read Foster's biggest problem seems to be that he can't stay away from this woman and she can't stay away from him, they are in the most toxic of relationships and both have done seriously questionable things.

Two very immature people who need to grow up and stay away from each.

6 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

He shoved her and gave her a kick so light that if he was trying an onside kick, and she was a football, it wouldn't have traveled the necessary 10 yards. 

That's just being a straight up **** right there. He's a piece of ****, and anybody that condones or tries to pacify it for that matter. 

I'm disappointed with the Kareem Hunt episode -- obviously there needed to be consequences for what he did.  I don't think the Skins should pick up his waiver, because they wouldn't need him in 2019 with Guide and Thompson already on the roster.  And I highly doubt Hunt will be playing anytime soon this season.

The reason I'm disappointed is because Hunt's misdeeds have probably derailed one of the most entertaining NFL offenses i have had the pleasure of watching this season (Mahomes, Hunt, Kelse, Hill, Watkins, Robinson).  The Chiefs probably felt they had to take the action they did, but it's so sad when a talented athlete does things that destroys a rarely-seen assembly of well-coordinated talent such as what Reid forged into an awesomely performing attack.

Archived