Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

7 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Hunt was in the wrong. Not saying what he did was right.  But according to the witness she called him the N word. Sorry but if you call a African American that word then you deserve to get kicked in my opinion. 

Alexa, don't post anymore in this thread (this as opposed to getting that 90 day ban).  Do not PM me about this matter.  And this is just this, you're fine otherwise, and let's keep it that way. :)

4 minutes ago, Jericho said:

TMZ also has the $$$ to pay people for this. Which is really why these leak. The NFL has money too, though less incentive to pay some employee for a video 

The NFL has way bigger pockets than TMZ.  And the incentive for them is to not look like morons and get ambushed by incidents like these.  It's pretty big.

TMZ paid $15,000 for the Ray Rice footage.  That is ass-whiping money for Goodell and the owners.  They could get these videos too if they wanted, they're just idiots.

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Alexa, don't post anymore in this thread (this as opposed to getting that 90 day ban).  Do not PM me about this matter.  And this is just this, you're fine otherwise, and let's keep it that way. :)

I guess I'm not allowed to state my opinion? Ok then. I'm outta this thread. 

33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not saying the Chiefs get it right 100% of the time but this time they did.

I disagree, for the sole reason that doing the right thing means doing the right thing when no one is looking.  They looked the other way when no one was looking, but when the video is released they immediately get on their high horse and act like they have morals.  Obviously solely due to public relations.  Frauds.  They should've released him the second they saw the video nine months ago, no matter what story he told them.

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

I disagree, for the sole reason that doing the right thing means doing the right thing when no one is looking.  They looked the other way when no one was looking, but when the video is released they immediately get on their high horse and act like they have morals.  Obviously solely due to public relations.  Frauds.  They should've released him the second they saw the video nine months ago, no matter what story he told them.

I agree with your premise about doing the right thing when no one is looking.  However, if the espn report is to be believed, the NFL and the Chiefs didn't get the video, TMZ broke it.  Schefter's sources said that Hunt wasn't truthful with his account of the story.  

Now, as mcqueen has pointed out, this isn't the first time that TMZ has one-upped the NFL in getting a video like this.  So while the NFL and the Chiefs do deserve an eye roll, they actually DO appear to be this incompetent.  That leads me to believe that the rest of the story is at least plausible, that Hunt did lie to them about what he did.

To the rest of your points, yes, public relations do play a big part.  But they're not bad for getting that part right.

2 minutes ago, Skins8989 said:

Well.....would you consider signing Hunt?

We can't.  We're radioactive right now.  But someone is probably going to put in a claim for him.

The situations are meaningfully different.  There is video proof of Kareem Hunt's incident whereas Foster's is still under investigation and he might be cleared, in which case he'll get to play for us and life will go on for him.  Kareem Hunt has a different set of challenges in front of him.

I think the league should suspend him and mandate some form of counseling for him.  And I also think there were grounds for criminal charges against him that he seems to have skated past, and that he should rightfully be facing some civil suit liability.  But I do think he deserves a second chance with another team.  Just not us.  And whichever team does take him is going to get it worse than we did.

13 minutes ago, Skins8989 said:

We need background information - what drove him to do what he did.  Lets say worse case - did the woman try to kill him off camera right before that. I doubt it of course, but its all speculation until TMZ finds out for us.

Hilarious that the Chiefs couldn't find the video. They were probably using AOL search via their old dialup AOL 4.0 CD that only came with 4 free hours. Actually, I am not sure you could search back then. They probably just went into vacant chat rooms and "asked around".  KCChiefsGM@aol

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We can't.  We're radioactive right now.  But someone is probably going to put in a claim for him.

The situations are meaningfully different.  There is video proof of Kareem Hunt's incident whereas Foster's is still under investigation and he might be cleared, in which case he'll get to play for us and life will go on for him.  Kareem Hunt has a different set of challenges in front of him.

I think the league should suspend him and mandate some form of counseling for him.  And I also think there were grounds for criminal charges against him that he seems to have skated past, and that he should rightfully be facing some civil suit liability.  But I do think he deserves a second chance with another team.  Just not us.  And whichever team does take him is going to get it worse than we did.

I agree, I think it'll be awhile before another team does.  

Man, with one linebacker we totally stole the Cowboys trophy of taking on problem cases.  Hunt gets released and everyone's like "....Redskins?"  Sheesh.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree, I think it'll be awhile before another team does.  

Man, with one linebacker we totally stole the Cowboys trophy of taking on problem cases.  Hunt gets released and everyone's like "....Redskins?"  Sheesh.   

Meanwhile the Bengals out here like:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Good call on the Bungles!  I always forget about their record of picking up problems, they might take the cake.

It's different for us than other teams.  We play in a major media market in a city that the rest of the country is suspicious of and/or hates outright.    We're kind of white collar and douchey.  Our powerful and influential local media has an extremely adversarial relationship with the team.  DC is the snark capital of the world.  Our team is extremely valuable and has a storied history.  Our owner is infamous.  The rest of the country thinks our nickname is vaguely racist.  We don't win that much and it's been too long since we won a Superbowl.  We've flashed our cash a lot and have often come out looking like fools for doing so.  We're the arch rivals of bandwagon fan USA.

The football world is sooo ready for us to become the league's heels.  The Patriots just aren't cutting it as heels because they win too much.  The Raiders are too pathetic and the Browns are a laughing stock.  Nobody cares about the Bengals.  It's up to us.

The football world wants us to claim Kareem Hunt.  They are quivering at the prospective orgy of virtue signaling and schadenfreud that would come from us claiming him.  We're going to give everyone blue balls if we don't.

If TMZ has the ability to obtain the video, then the NFL surely does, as well as the Chief's owner too.  Even if he paid money to obtain on the lowdown just so he could see for himself.

The woe is me, we didn't know excuse is nonsense. 

I said awhile back in this thread (or maybe it was the other one).  This is an NFL problem, more than it is a problem for any individual team. 

I'm not at all horrified by what I saw in the video, maybe because I've seen it play out in night clubs dozens of times.  It looks like two adults, probably drunk, getting into a altercation that neither chose to walk away from.  It got physical, but not to the point where anyone appears to be seriously injured.  Both should have been arrested and slapped on the wrist for their roles in a very dangerous situation. 

Kareem Hunt is the male however, and much more powerfully built than average.  That rightly comes with certain additional responsibilities.  He needed to realize that he was not threatened but that his own actions were extremely threatening.  He also needed to realize he had a lot more to lose.  He didn't and was caught on video to boot.  Statement making time.  Not sure being cut was required, but he's out of a job now and we haven't even heard what the punishment is yet.  I think his being cut suggests the chiefs expect the punishment coming is going to be longer than the rest of this season, at the very least. 

No one to blame but himself. 

The Redskins can't touch him, not after signing Foster I think.  Then again I wouldn't have thought the Redskins would sign Foster, but this team has a habit of making unthinkable PR decisions.  Ultimately I don't think the question matters though, because I doubt Hunt will be playing NFL football for anyone at all, any time soon.  He's out for an entire season as a bare minimum.   

44 minutes ago, Skins8989 said:

I think Hunt is done.

IMHO the only thing he can do is book counselling and ask if he can speak at abused women's events until society feels he's been punished enough. Maybe that will be before he's 30, but I doubt it. 

Requisite: should we? silly.gif

I presume some at the park are trading texts tonight. NO! We can't!!!.... right now.

What's worse in the eyes of the teams PR offices on a waiver claim of a total stud player:  Assault Video + no charges ever to be filed after a full review by the state DA. Or, no Video + Charges filed but the case later dismissed.

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

What's worse in the eyes of the teams PR offices on a waiver claim of a total stud player:  Assault Video + no charges ever to be filed after a full review by the state DA. Or, no Video + Charges filed but the case later dismissed. 

This is an interesting question isn't it?  I guess we're going to find out at the end of the waiver period.  But there is more to the situation.  Foster's review is still in the investigative stage.  Hunt will probably get his discipline from the league a lot sooner, meaning he'll get resolution sooner.  He'll probably play well before Foster does.  He'll probably play again next season.  We can't be sure if Foster will ever play again.

Hunt will get Suspended the rest of the season and an 8 game suspension for 2019 with required counseling. Then the suspension will get reduced to 4 games and he will play in week 5 where he puts up his good numbers and everyone forgets. This is because what he did is not that bad.

Sure he pushed a woman around, but she assaulted him first both physically with a lamp as well as with racial slurs. Not to say how he retaliated was ok, but did not Ray Rice that hoe. Let’s be real, the video of him pushing people around was nothing. However had he not been held back, he would’ve given ray rice a run for his money in the DV Ring!

Terrible decision making on everyone’s part, but this will blow over. Just put up 1K yards on the field and this will get swept under the rug. Exhibit A, tyreek hill.

i am very interested to see how the nfl handles this especially in comparison to the r Foster case. Someone pointed out that the police reviewed with no charges with a video of the incident whereas Foster had no video but was still charged.

Archived