Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

The TMZ report said the police AND the NFL have had this video since it happened all those months ago. It was a part of their investigation. This happened on VIDEO and nothing happened to him? No arrest, no charges and no suspension from the NFL? The NFL puts Foster on their "suspended" list indefinitely but they sweep this under the rug?? You can't make this stuff up.

And how can one police department have PC to arrest Foster based on a persons word and a scratch on her chest but a different police department sees a crime ON VIDEO and decides "nothing to see here people"?

Image result for officer barbrady nothing to see here

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

It certainly could be savvy, smart... I'm reserving judgement.  However, it is smart in one way... Is anyone talking about the thanksgiving debacle in Dallas anymore?  Nope, it might be causing turmoil inside the locker room, but I've not heard anything that would make me think that to be so.  Time will tell ultimately.

As a football move, it's possibly a smart one.  I don't think anyone would bat an eye if this was about 10 or 12 other franchises.  Now understand that when I say that, I don't necessarily think it was a good move for THIS team... I said so earlier in the thread.  I also don't think they've done a good enough job since the move with how they're handling it.  The move itself has minimal risk regarding the football decision of it.  There are ways to be better about the public eye and that's not something we're good enough at to get the benefit of the doubt.  That is not football related.  Time will tell the fallout from the non-football effect it has, as they're already off to a bad start on how to handle it.  

I feel badly for Doug Williams just because the team had made him the face of this signing this ****head.

He should apologize for what he said, but why is he out there talking anyway?

If someone we drafted won rookie of the year, would Doug be in the media discussing it our Bruce? You know the answer.

This is a very very hard team to root for.

Guys come on. This thread was locked because it couldn't stay on football and now we're bringing someone else up who isn't even on the team JUST to talk about something that isn't Redskins football related?

Let's stick to the team and take the other stuff, and our opinion (of which mine is extremely strong) of this stuffed, to ATN before those 90 day bans are given out.

Couple of points...

I don’t find the video shocking.  Unpleasant, but not shocking.

I’m also not shocked that the police declined to round a bunch of people up over a hotel dust-up.  They prolly see worse every night.

And most importantly, I’m glad to be off the top of the news cycle.  Not surprised that it came and went so fast.

Alright. I am just going to try to bring this thread back on target a bit. After Foster was sent home from the draft Mel Kiper was asked about Foster. These were his thoughts on the PLAYER. Not the man:

"He's a sideline-to-sideline, he can cover, he's built for today's NFL," Kiper continued. "Reuben Foster's a great player. I think he's the third- or fourth-best player in this draft. He may slide down a little bit because teams don't need inside linebackers that early - until you get to Cincinnati at pick No. 9. I think the Bengals would be a great fit."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mel-kiper-jr-gives-his-thoughts-on-reuben-fosters-draft-stock/

Now. You can argue with the decision from a PR standpoint. But I dont really think you can argue about the player himself. Yes. he has some issues with the shoulder. But WHY the Skins are enamored with Foster is obvious. The guy was a monster in college football.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Alright. I am just going to try to bring this thread back on target a bit. After Foster was sent home from the draft Mel Kiper was asked about Foster. These were his thoughts on the PLAYER. Not the man:

"He's a sideline-to-sideline, he can cover, he's built for today's NFL," Kiper continued. "Reuben Foster's a great player. I think he's the third- or fourth-best player in this draft. He may slide down a little bit because teams don't need inside linebackers that early - until you get to Cincinnati at pick No. 9. I think the Bengals would be a great fit."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mel-kiper-jr-gives-his-thoughts-on-reuben-fosters-draft-stock/

Now. You can argue with the decision from a PR standpoint. But I dont really think you can argue about the player himself. Yes. he has some issues with the shoulder. But WHY the Skins are enamored with Foster is obvious. The guy was a monster in college football.

I still don't trust the injury history. He missed a bunch of games last year, so while I can understand taking a flier, it can be a Jordan Reed (favorite current player for the record) situation: Amazing on the field, often not on the field, always taking a roster spot and practice reps.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

I still don't trust the injury history. He missed a bunch of games last year, so while I can understand taking a flier, it can be a Jordan Reed (favorite current player for the record) situation: Amazing on the field, often not on the field, always taking a roster spot and practice reps.

I agree with you. But you also have him on a rookie deal for the next 2 seasons after this one. My biggest concern is that you better have a competent backup to fill his spot because of the injury history. 

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I feel badly for Doug Williams just because the team had made him the face of this signing this ****head.

He should apologize for what he said, but why is he out there talking anyway?

If someone we drafted won rookie of the year, would Doug be in the media discussing it our Bruce? You know the answer.

This is a very very hard team to root for.

I respectfully disagree with the take that Williams is the face of this signing.  Gruden is the one who was made available to the media who had to field all of the questions (as well as the players).  Williams appeared on his contractually obligated appearance on 980 and put his foot in his mouth.  Gruden (and the team) are the ones to feel sorry for here, IMO.

2 hours ago, repo_4 said:

...The NFL puts Foster on their "suspended" list indefinitely but they sweep this under the rug?? You can't make this stuff up.....

Foster is on the "exempt" list.  He is not suspended.  He gets paychecks and can come to certain activities while on the exempt list.  Being on the exempt list is a benefit to the Skins while information is being gathered about the incident.  When Foster comes off of the exempt list, someone will need to be cut from the team.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Couple of points...

I don’t find the video shocking.  Unpleasant, but not shocking.

I’m also not shocked that the police declined to round a bunch of people up over a hotel dust-up.  They prolly see worse every night. 

And most importantly, I’m glad to be off the top of the news cycle.  Not surprised that it came and went so fast. 

That girl has to have a civil case though.  She should get herself a good lawyer and go get some money.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That girl has to have a civil case though.  She should get herself a good lawyer and go get some money.

The hunt video? Looks like people dragged him away and she kept coming back towards him. I get were are trying to protect people, but people really need to learn to premotect themselves too. 

I would bet anything that Reuben has some kind of PTSD.  Lots of trauma in that upbringing and the innumerable and devastating football collisions he's been in surely haven't helped.  Conflict like what he must have seen growing up could be what's flipping the switch for him and putting him in fits of violent anger.  Other undiagnosed and untreated mental illnesses probably factoring in.  Probably been self-medicating with marijuana since he was a kid, which would increase anxiety and isolation long term.  Keeps the toxic relationship with that woman alive because he probably loves her and has issues with abandonment and trust.

The man is lost and he needs treatment.

But he's also got a football career to worry about and he needs to make as much money as he can before his body breaks down.  Life gets put on hold and he's just going to have to find a way to keep it together while he's playing football.

1 minute ago, dyst said:

The hunt video? Looks like people dragged him away and she kept coming back towards him. I get were are trying to protect people, but people really need to learn to premotect themselves too.  

Nobody has the right to make it physical with someone because they yell at you.  Especially not when it's a woman.  Anyone other than a famous athlete would have spent some time in jail for what Kareem Hunt did in that video.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Nobody has the right to make it physical with someone because they yell at you.  Especially not when it's a woman.  Anyone other than a famous athlete would have spent some time in jail for what Kareem Hunt did in that video.

If that were two random guys, you think they would go to jail for shoving eachother?

It’s possible this could have gotten out of hand if other people were not there to intervine but that video on its own doesn’t seem like it.

Kareem Hunt SHOULD have walked away....100%.  However, from some of the headlines I was reading about the vid, I was expecting something else when I actually saw it.  Thought this was gonna Ray Rice-level bad....

@stevemcqueen1 you bring up an interesting/good point about PTSD.  A lot of people from impoverished communities deal with this based off the way they were brought up through life.  That acronym is usually reserved for those in the military, but there's a whole other side to it that's overlooked, IMO.  Might be a good topic for a thread later on down the line.  

19 minutes ago, dyst said:

If that were two random guys, you think they would go to jail for shoving eachother?

It’s possible this could have gotten out of hand if other people were not there to intervine but that video on its own doesn’t seem like it. 

He sent her flying into a wall and then he kicked her while she was sitting on the ground in a daze.  Then I noticed a member of his entourage snatching that girl's phone from her hands to delete her video of what happened.  There are probably multiple things that happened in that little video that the girl could claim damages for in a civil case.

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

I hear ya, but it might be a situation where a young player just happened to have a couple injuries early in his career.  Player that comes to mind is Frank Gore.  Had a couple knee injuries at the u and his draft stock took a hit.  And as a pro he has been as durable as they come.  I think he is the first rb ever to rush for 500+ plus in 14 straight years.  Not bad for a guy with an injury risk label.  Sometimes you never know if there is any long term effect or increase in re injury vs just a couple bouts of bad luck.

13 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Doug really shouldn’t discuss this type of issue with Doc.  He gets way too loose with the lips.  Downplaying domestic violence because unnamed people have done worse.  Phew.

Making domestic violence look like a minor offense is not very smart on Williams part I will say that.  Williams has been the front man on this, but I want to hear from Bruce on this.  Williams is going to get all the heat because there are a lot of his quotes, but no question Bruce and Snyder definitely had a big say in this.  IMO, this has Bruce and Dan written all over it and Williams is the puppet and the face they just put out there

29 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Williams has been the front man on this, but I want to hear from Bruce on this.  Williams is going to get all the heat because there are a lot of his quotes, but no question Bruce and Snyder definitely had a big say in this.  IMO, this has Bruce and Dan written all over it and Williams is the puppet and the face they just put out there

Bruce apparently had no idea Adrian Peterson had been acquired, but you're convinced he was the driving force behind this, and Williams ( who was behind the Peterson deal ) was not much more than an innocent bystander on Foster ?

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He sent her flying into a wall and then he kicked her while she was sitting on the ground in a daze.  Then I noticed a member of his entourage snatching that girl's phone from her hands to delete her video of what happened.  There are probably multiple things that happened in that little video that the girl could claim damages for in a civil case.

Videos is so damn small and blurry on my phone. I didn’t even notice the kicking part or him hitting her up against a wall. Seems like he got cut by Chiefs.

Archived