Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

What bugs me about Foster after reading everything that's out there is that he's shown with this last arrest that he still doesn't get it and continues to make poor decisions.

He let his ex-girlfriend (the woman who accused him of felony assault and then recanted her story) up to his hotel room at an away game.  Everyone knows you can't just stroll up to an NFL players hotel room unless the player allows you too so its obvious Foster enabled this situation and that shows his judgment is poor beyond belief.

Why would you continue to put yourself in toxic situations?  I imagine if she had made it to his hotel room without proper clearance from hotel security then we would have heard about it by now but that's not the case.

We are unique in how much insight our current roster can shed on who he is on & off the field. I’ve heard nothing but incredible things about Payne, Hamilton, Allen & Anderson in particular...on and off the field, even the newly acquired Ha-Ha is familiar with Reuben. I can’t believe we neglected to speak with each of them about him, each with a reputation for leadership throughout their young lives, it gives me some hope that Foster is something other than what the allegations would have us believe.

On the field he’s a video game creation. He’s the explosive element we lack. He has the gifts to be the best at his position. As most are already aware, I imagine many hoped we’d draft him or Allen last year. 

Just now, JSSkinz said:

What bugs me about Foster after reading everything that's out there is that he's shown with this last arrest that he still doesn't get it and continues to make poor decisions.

He let his ex-girlfriend (the woman who accused him of felony assault and then recanted her story) up to his hotel room at an away game.  Everyone knows you can't just stroll up to an NFL players hotel room unless the player allows you too so its obvious Foster enabled this situation and that shows his judgment is poor beyond belief.

Why would you continue to put yourself in toxic situations?  I imagine if she had made it to his hotel room without proper clearance from hotel security then we would have heard about it by now but that's not the case.

Do you know his story? It’s an ugly one. He may be the perpetrator in this scenario, and if so, we need to let him go, but he was a victim of some of the most cruel, extreme, & harsh situations a person can live through ...starting before he was 1....by the age of two he had been put in more danger and experienced more traumatic events than most do in 80 years on this planet. 

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Do you know his story? It’s an ugly one. He may be the perpetrator in this scenario, and if so, we need to let him go, but he was a victim of some of the most cruel, extreme, & harsh situations a person can live through ...starting before he was 1....by the age of two he had been put in more danger and experienced more traumatic events than most do in 80 years on this planet. 

Derrius Guice had a rough upbringing too and has none of the baggage that comes with Foster. 

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Derrius Guice had a rough upbringing too and has none of the baggage that comes with Foster. 

Guice? The first round talent who fell into the late 2nd? His life was nothing like Ruebens, and he had enough baggage to drop him to us...in round 2...twice. 

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Please share since you insinuate to know so much more about his life than everyone else.

Just now, volsmet said:

Guice? The first round talent who fell into the late 2nd? His life was nothing like Ruebens, and he had enough baggage to drop him to us...in round 2...twice. 

Oh the guy who was born in an area referred to as "the bottom", who's dad was murdered when he was 5 and he found out about it when watching the news, who's brother also went to jail 2 years ago for attempted murder?  That same guy who's only baggage was an unconfirmed verbal altercation with the Eagles (of which the Eagles brass denied)?

13 minutes ago, volsmet said:

We are unique in how much insight our current roster can shed on who he is on & off the field. I’ve heard nothing but incredible things about Payne, Hamilton, Allen & Anderson in particular...on and off the field, even the newly acquired Ha-Ha is familiar with Reuben. I can’t believe we neglected to speak with each of them about him,

We didn't. Doug Williams said that's exactly what they did do. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000993331/article/washington-redskins-claim-reuben-foster-off-waivers

Williams continued: "That being said, we decided to investigate the situation with Reuben further by claiming his rights after candid conversations with a number of his ex-Alabama teammates and current Redskins players who were overwhelmingly supportive of us taking this chance. Nothing is promised to Reuben, but we are hopeful being around so many of his former teammates and friends will eventually provide him with the best possible environment to succeed both personally and professionally."

I don't know enough about the situation to comment but I really hope he's innocent because he's a whole damn lot better than what we've got!

I guess at some point we'll find out exactly what the Skins have brought into the fold. Definitely some bad press.  Maybe the Skins are hoping for a Junior Gallete part 2 -- but even that didn't work out so well.

It's done, and while I'm not that thrilled about the decision, here's hoping Foster can rehabilitate his career and his personal life ...and realize his maximum potential while he's with the Skins.  Here's hoping he turns things around, settles in, becomes a great player and proves the 31 other franchise wrong.

... Why not be positive at this point?

3 minutes ago, LMFAO Alex Smith said:

Please share since you insinuate to know so much more about his life than everyone else.

You can google it. The was an all encompassing life story article written by one of the major outlets prior to the draft, could have been SI, can't remember off the top of my head now. 

This is basically like someone giving us a free lottery ticket.  99.9% chance it doesn't work out, but cost us nothing except bad PR (which lets be honest we always have anyway).

Not holding my breath on this but so many of his former teammates being here seems like it gives us a better chance than other teams might have.

This guy has had mulitple arrests for drug related incidents, weapons charges, and now 2 domestic violence charges...and there are people that are actually buying the crap that this organization is selling them about how the "Bama boys" can turn him around?  When the woman who recanted her accusation against him, the 49ers told him to stay away from her...only for him to get back with her and get arrested for abusing her the day before a game staying at the hotel with the team.  I've been a Redskins fan long enough to see how this story ends.  And it's with egg all over this pathetic organization's face.  

9 minutes ago, LMFAO Alex Smith said:

One who roots for the football team. As long as players perform on the field they can do whatever they want off of it.  These are football players, trained to be the most brutish and violent athletes. Not everyone can be mediocre nice guy alex smith!

It's a really dumb response, but it was kind of a rhetorical question. I'd been noticing your posting---most of it white noise, a couple normal football posts, and the rest like you're looking to troll or stir pots for fun and figured you were going to be joining others with alex smith syndrome, who only joined since his arrival and end up banned for such issues. So I was already there but thought i'd ask that question.

Archived