Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

My first instinct is "ugh."

I do believe in second chances, but even more so I believe in earned second chances. I remember being very against Haynesworth at the time of his signing because of reports he was a "bad" guy. Maybe Reuben can turn his act around, but he may also just be a bad guy.

For the record, I was okay with the Peterson signing. That was partly because his problem had been several years ago and he seemingly had been a good citizen since, but also because, frankly, I forgot about it.

1 hour ago, hatchetwound said:

I'm sure they spoke with him and did the due dillagance.  If they think he can stay out of trouble from here on out, then I'm all for getting a former first round pick for next to nothing.  Especially with such a big game coming up.

You think 3 days was enough for due diligence?

Just now, LMFAO Alex Smith said:

Please share since you insinuate to know so much more about his life than everyone else.

What a treat, the rare sanctimonious & sensitive forum goer. A cantankerous fellow who is not shy about blending his irascible nature with a bit of e-bravado. A pleasure to meet you, my friend. You reveal so much - a post about Reuben Foster has caused you to delve into your feelings and pose this e-challenge in the name of what, I wonder. The holiday season is tough on many, I hope you find more peace as the month of November concludes & December commences. Don’t bottle it up, talk it out, las. It’s unhealthy to allow yourself to get to the point where you want to passive aggressively challenging strangers on the net because you’re bothered, that you feel, they’ve insinuated, that they have knowledge about a 24 year old guys life. 

I thank you for the opportunity to respond to your feelings. Happy Holidays, Las.

For starters, my new friend, Reuben was a victim of a shooting, while in his mother’s arms, before the age of 2. 

❤️

14 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

You can google it. The was an all encompassing life story article written by one of the major outlets prior to the draft, could have been SI, can't remember off the top of my head now. 

Jusy read it. Yikes yea that was one hell of a backstory and I can only imagine it to be just the tip of the iceberg. Really hard to understand if you’ve never been there, I know I have no idea how to put myself in those shoes

thanks for bringing me up to speed

I mean, unless the organization plans to build a dormitory for players at Ashburn where they can live, or more specifically, essentially build a college campus there, with housing and food services, and staff it, and all other ancillary buildings like for security and operational staff, essentially make a little town for the organization, it's going to be tough to keep tabs on a grown ass dude. 

I mean, Bruce can be camp counselor, tuck guys in at night and all, Doug can be hall monitor, but I can only imagine Meatballs / Porky's / Ernest goes to Camp  type shenanigans once the lights go out. 

Ken Harvey can be the security chief. Dan can read stories to the guys off the back labels of french wines. 

7 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

and don't forget our boy Guice is an avid gamer, so uh oh, the trouble he can cause! 😛 

Yep I've defended Guice's character numerous times.  If anything he's a real good dude.   Apples to oranges here though to this -- can Foster turn things around, maybe.  But there is a lot of smoke around Foster.  For Guice it was zip as for character issues aside from a couple of phony rumors.  No drug busts.  Nothing.  Foster on the other hand has had his documented issues starting with that weird incident/altercation during the physical at the combine that sent him home.   Looks like a pattern of anger issues and drugs.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree with this.  The player is unbelievable.  He has a ton of range and is everything that our LBs especially Mason Foster is not.  But am doubting the innocent part -- seems to be a pattern with this dude and where there is smoke....

Yeah we got three guys now with a past.  This one to me is much more brazen for multiple reasons.

If he can't get his act together with former Alabama team mates to lean on, as well as have a positive influence on him, this will surely be his last and best chance to continue his NFL career.

Washington picking him up makes too much sense.  This could be a major coo for both the player and the team.

19 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Oh the guy who was born in an area referred to as "the bottom", who's dad was murdered when he was 5 and he found out about it when watching the news, who's brother also went to jail 2 years ago for attempted murder?  That same guy who's only baggage was an unconfirmed verbal altercation with the Eagles (of which the Eagles brass denied)?

Yes, that Guice, the elite RB prospect who dropped in the draft, without any baggage. How many RBs went ahead of Guice because of an unconfirmed verbal altercation with the eagles that the eagles deny? 

You can believe one of two things:

1) Guice dropped because the eagles, who needed a running back, didn’t know that they didn’t actually have an altercation with him, and the rest of the nfl was extremely bothered by this unconfirmed verbal altercation

or

2) You don’t know if Guice has baggage or not, and have no idea why he dropped.

If you believe everyone passed on him for no reason, that’s not particularly rational, but so be it. 

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

You can believe one of two things:

1) Guice dropped because the eagles, who needed a running back, didn’t know that they didn’t actually have an altercation with him, and the rest of the nfl was extremely bothered by this unconfirmed verbal altercation

Well I'm not going to believe this because Howie Roseman came out and denied it.  And so did Pederson.  And their VP of player personnel:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/howie-roseman-denies-reports-derrius-guice-altercation-eagles

The reality is that this guy is an absolute mess off the field.  I would assume the thinking is to surround him with a lot of his college teammates who he is familiar with.  He was one of the highest ranking ILB coming out of college.  It’s just hard to overlook everything off the field.  The guy just comes off like a huge clown. 

Trying to glean someones real personality but outward appearances is futile. This goes way beyond football. Guice could be a jerk who carries himself well, dexter is likely a nice guy who is a manic when he does coke...Who knows, Ruben has had a hard life, to expect Cinderella to come out of that life is irrational. I am on board with not liking this signing but not for same reasons a lot of you. I believe in 2nd/3rd chances, just you have to keep making effort to get those chances. I also believe you deserve at least in court that you are innocent until proven guilty and shouldn't be prosecuted in media.

Just now, Stefanskins said:

didn't Galette beat some woman with a belt?

It was on video, he was at the beach and there was a group of people with some women among them say something to him, I forget, but he lost his cool and took off his belt and tried hitting them with it. It wasn’t your straight whoop a girl type beating, but not something a normal person would resort to.

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If he's guilty, you've got to cut him.

Why?  If he's guilty you take the suspension, give him a chance to flourish and see what happens after that.  The bottom line is that Reuben is a phenomenal athlete and that alone warrants another chance....Josh Gordon is the perfect example.  But I doubt Reuben goes through half of what Gordon went through.

Just now, LMFAO Alex Smith said:

It was on video, he was at the beach and there was a group of people with some women among them say something to him, I forget, but he lost his cool and took off his belt and tried hitting them with it. It wasn’t your straight whoop a girl type beating, but not something a normal person would resort to.

That's not actually what happened. He was attacked by a group of people and the only video they played was him defending himself and the people he was with. And yes. it was with a belt. But  was quite outnumbered.

Either way it's nothing like what the POS Foster has done. The team has lost it mind here. Bruce is desperate.

Daniel Snyder 4 years ago:

We are fortunate to have him as our Commissioner. The entire Washington Redskins organization strongly endorses his efforts to eradicate domestic abuse and the independent investigation into the Ray Rice assault.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11517530/washington-redskins-owner-dan-snyder-issues-statement-supporting-nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell

Archived