Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Kenny Loggins Special

skins island connection

Who wins?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Monday Night football battle?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • The crippling yet unlikely tie.

1 hour ago, Hoover-ball said:

Skins 24-17

And if you told me at the beginning of the year we would be tied for the division lead headed into week 14, I would have been thrilled.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I wasn’t assuming a win happens. I stated what a win WOULD do IF we were to win tonight (just like what @Hoover-ball was stating in his post). 

This is semantics, but there is the assumption that we win here. There is no "if". It's not really important in the grand scheme here, the game is yet to be played. I think we'll play poorly, as we usually do on MNF (1-16, or something horrific like that), so I'm under no real hope we'll win this evening. And this will all be a moot point. Or we win, and we start looking at tie breakers. Not holding my breath for that though.

@Morneblade the very first part of @Hoover-balls post said 24-17 redskins. His prediction. He then went on to say “and if you told me at the beginning of the year we would be tied for the division lead headed into week 14, I would have been thrilled”

he was saying that if his prediction of 24-17 is right, we would be tied for the division lead, at 7-5. How is this hard to understand?

Just now, thelongestbreath said:

Since we do so great with prime time games, especially when the season depends on it...I'm gonna say we lose 37-13.

Dear God, please let me be wrong....

To be fair though, 2012 and 2015 (2015 being under Gruden) we did pretty well on primetime when the season depended on it. 2012 6 years ago this very night comes to mind, and the division clinching win, and then 2015 the division clinching win in Philly Saturday night. So we haven’t been BAD. 2016 and last year though, those were bad (in terms of primetime games where our season depended on it)

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

To be fair though, 2012 and 2015 (2015 being under Gruden) we did pretty well on primetime when the season depended on it. 2012 6 years ago this very night comes to mind, and the division clinching win, and then 2015 the division clinching win in Philly Saturday night. So we haven’t been BAD. 2016 and last year though, those were bad (in terms of primetime games where our season depended on it)

Fair.  However, I also sat in the stands for the Monday Night Massacre for the entire game.   I am still trying to recover from that embarrassment.

8 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

Pretty straight forward. Lets hope my prediction is right and we win tonight....I mean we all hope that right?!

Honestly, if going 8-8 means we keep Allen and going 6-10 means he gets fired, I'd rather go 6-10 at this point. This team is not going to do anything in the playoffs, if they even get there. Getting rid of the pervasive sludge that is Allen is worth it to me to just go bottoms up.

We can't get Snyder fired, which would be the best possible scenario. If the NFL decided that Snyder was a true detriment and made him sell, but that ain't gonna happen. Getting rid of Allen is the next best thing, long term.3

14 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Betting on 3-4 breakdowns in the secondary.

Betting on Norman getting flagged on 3rd and long for holding at least twice.

Betting on Reed not completing his route leading to an Int.

Betting on roughing the kicker on a punt.

How about the obligatory misuse of the clock?

You're missing the number of Colt picks.

The downside to a .500ish team starting 6-3 is that the rest of the season feels like death via 1000 paper cuts if they fail to at least get a wildcard.

Take yesterday's results, every single game besides the Seahawks game went the 'Skins way as far as standings and tirebreakers go.  So wasting an opportunity to really make a statement and solidify playoff positioning is going to feel that much worse and very "same ol' Redskins" territory. 

It feels like this is another 2015 where the 'Skins had the chance to end up as the best of a mediocre bunch, but unlike 2015, this season they seem to regress every single week.

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Everything logic tells me we lose. With the Eagles struggling so badly, I just have a sneaking gut feeling we pull it out, though. Final prediction: Redskins 24-19.

Picking the Skins in primetime? Where does  that put me, Archer?

Hey, at least I didn't bring up Footloose!

1 hour ago, WilberMarshall said:

Betting on 3-4 breakdowns in the secondary.

Betting on Norman getting flagged on 3rd and long for holding at least twice.

Betting on Reed not completing his route leading to an Int.

Betting on roughing the kicker on a punt.

How about the obligatory misuse of the clock?

you forgot the flag for Norman hands to the facemask.

3 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Anyone else having a hard time even getting very excited about this game?  

I have a feeling Tress Way will be the one bright spot.  Apathy is starting to set in.. need a win badly.

It's like 300. Even though it will be chock full of some memorable, semi-iconic moments, and small victories, you know that at the very end, everyone is going to die horribly. 

Archived