Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Kenny Loggins Special

skins island connection

Who wins?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Monday Night football battle?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • The crippling yet unlikely tie.

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Eagles are already if I recall 7 point favorites - and were 4 point favorites the week before playing the lowly Giants,

This isn’t entirely true. Eagles opened up as 6 and a half point favorites against New York but got bet down to 4 and a half by game time. I’d be surprised if the spread for our game is any more than 5-5 and a half. It opened at 7 and is already down to 6.

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I wonder how much this Ruben Foster stuff has been a distraction while they prep for the Eagles.  Couldn't come at a worst time......of course.  #Redskins

Eh, I’m not too sure about that. I think as fans we assume what distracts US also distracts the players. Most of them probably aren’t searching out articles or message boards eating up all the hot takes. They had to answer a few questions today but I would hope that isn’t drastically holding back their prep. The fact that he isn’t on the field at all likely makes it out of sight out of mind for most of them. And because he’s not going to be “seen” this story will also die in the media by this weekend as well. 

We are going to get destroyed.  Shelled. Kabonged. Lit. up.

Eagles 45 Skins 17

Lug nuts on the wagon wheels are already loosening, our monday night massacre history, a backup QB in control, Jay focused on being a PR guy trying to calm the Foster storm....

Our glimmer of hope will be Trey Quinn and his 2 floater TDs, which will not be enough to stop Ertz and his 3.

12 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

More "experts" are picking the Cowboys over the Saints, New York over Chicago and Oakland over the Chiefs than are picking us... so far there are zero picking the Skins... SMH.  

https://nflpickwatch.com

I mean, can you really blame them though? They’re right for expecting us to be bad on primetime as usual 😭😭😭

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, can you really blame them though? They’re right for expecting us to be bad on primetime as usual 😭😭😭

Oh I don't blame them at all.. Im SHM because thats how low the Skins are... And deserve to be...  There are occasions when the Skins play well when everyone doubts them hopefully this will be one of those times.  Expectations are about at an all time low for the season.

I wonder if we will ink Alex Smith to a 5 year $78M extension right before kickoff, like we did with Donovan McNabb the last time? we played the Eagles on Monday night.  

McNabb, who was 34 and had been benched 2 weeks earlier, and was in the midst of his worse season since he rookie year.  It seemed like a "I'll show Reid!" moment for Bruce or Mike or whoever it was that got looted. Ahh the memories.

We got ****ing shellacked that dreadful night.

52 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

More "experts" are picking the Cowboys over the Saints, New York over Chicago and Oakland over the Chiefs than are picking us... so far there are zero picking the Skins... SMH.  

https://nflpickwatch.com

It is on a friggen Monday night they'd be stupid (and not experts) to do otherwise (Plus they are calling this a Redskin mini-bye - which would be a double whammy if the Redskins treat it like a bye.)

I don't like this game for us...I chronicled somewhere in here that we've done well in Philly in December when we've had meaningful games. This feels different. This is starting to feel more like 2008 (hot start and a fade) than some of those playoff seasons. I hope I'm wrong and it's more like 1999 where we jumped out, slumped a couple times, but steadied the ship to keep our head above water. 

I have a bad feeling in this spot though. I can already see the post-game narrative being that Wentz is finally back and Philly is poised to make another January run. 

I'll go with: 

Eagles 29

Redskins 17

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't like this game for us...I chronicled somewhere in here that we've done well in Philly in December when we've had meaningful games. This feels different. This is starting to feel more like 2008 (hot start and a fade) than some of those playoff seasons. I hope I'm wrong and it's more like 1999 where we jumped out, slumped a couple times, but steadied the ship to keep our head above water. 

I have a bad feeling in this spot though. I can already see the post-game narrative being that Wentz is finally back and Philly is poised to make another January run. 

I'll go with: 

Eagles 29

Redskins 17

Post-game, Jay will be spewing the same ol' crap he always does;

1.  gotta go back and watch the tape.

2. We gotta play better.

3. We weren't prepared.

4. I had crabs.

5. we gotta get everyone on the same page.

6. The Eagles are a good team.

7. We're still in it.

There's absolutely NO excuse; none whatsoever. Gruden and the team will have had 11 days to get it together, the players will have had plenty of time to heal the bumps and bruises, but I bet he does everything all wrong in preparation for this game, and if they go out there and are flat-footed and lethargic and get their asses handed to them, they can kiss this season goodbye.

Yes, some will be quick to point out that mathematically they are still in it, but they will win just enough to tease, and come week 17 they will need to win and have 3 or 4 other teams lose so they can back-door it into the playoffs.

Sadly, that last game they will choke and get hammered. Because that is the Gruden Grind.

Archived