skins island connection

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Kenny Loggins Special

Who wins?  

118 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win the Monday Night football battle?

    • Redskins
    • Eagles
    • The crippling yet unlikely tie.
      0


Recommended Posts

Redskins 74, Eagles 3.

 

Skins will continue to have trouble scoring TDs. Dustin Hopkins kicks 24 field goals and the Skins D gets a safety.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I might change my mind if he plays

 

Chris Thompson

 

 

This would be the perfect time for that, and yes, we typically finish strong to get into the playoffs when we go.  So if we are going, its going to start here.  If we aren't going, its going to end here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets see.  To fill out their secondary they are pulling people from the tailgates.  They have almost NO film on Colt.  Big prime time game.  I'm loving this matchup.

 

Redskins 35

Eagles 6

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kleese said:

 

It’s actually not a must win. If the Redskins finish the season 3-2 it’s likely they make the playoffs. There are some scenarios where we could miss at 9-7, but most get us in. If we lose to Philly that would set up close to a must win against the Giants. 

 

Are you saying this is the 'must win' to avoid a 'must win' game against NY?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care what happened yesterday, no way in hell we are losing Monday Night. We will beat Philly by double digits!

Redskins 30

Philly 17  

Philly scores garbage time TD to make it look like they were in the game at some point.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I don't think this is it. The song would make more sense before the Giants game if we were to lose Monday night. I feel they have a better chance of beating the Eagles here at home. Our depleted OLine would have to play as good as they did against the Bucs for us to have any kind of chance on Monday night.

 

Redskins - 20

Eagles - 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Sorry, I don't think this is it. The song would make more sense before the Giants game if we were to lose Monday night. I feel they have a better chance of beating the Eagles here at home. Our depleted OLine would have to play as good as they did against the Bucs for us to have any kind of chance on Monday night.

 

Redskins - 20

Eagles - 24

 

Thing is, if the Redskins lose Monday night, it will be like 2016, when we just HAD to beat a Giants team that had nothing to play for, and ended up wetting the bed.

The locker room will get very testy and finger-pointing will begin, not to mention once again Gruden would have failed to put together a game plan with 1-1/2 weeks to prepare, and end up mumbling something about having to review the game film.

So, yes, THIS IS IT ! :pint:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

 

Thing is, if the Redskins lose Monday night, it will be like 2016, when we just HAD to beat a Giants team that had nothing to play for, and ended up wetting the bed.

The locker room will get very testy and finger-pointing will begin, not to mention once again Gruden would have failed to put together a game plan with 1-1/2 weeks to prepare, and end up mumbling something about having to review the game film.

So, yes, THIS IS IT ! :pint:

 

No, this is not it. This is not 2016 with Mr. Lethargic. To think that if we lose Monday night and that it's all over is not going to have me thinking it one single bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

This one has a loss written so badly that you might as well look forward to the Vagiants game 

If we lose to Philly, the Giants will roll us too. They owned Philly, until they forgot Barkley was still on the field in the 2nd half, uhg.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

 

Thing is, if the Redskins lose Monday night, it will be like 2016, when we just HAD to beat a Giants team that had nothing to play for, and ended up wetting the bed.

The locker room will get very testy and finger-pointing will begin, not to mention once again Gruden would have failed to put together a game plan with 1-1/2 weeks to prepare, and end up mumbling something about having to review the game film.

So, yes, THIS IS IT ! :pint:

Your right skins island, and there is no excuse to lose this game. Philly's defense is beat up worse than our offense. The good part about that is our beat up offense can score, and will Monday Night. AP will have a huge game, Philly can't stop anyone, and when they do commit to the run, receivers are running free down the field. I'm in an area where I have to watch them or the Steelers, and I am far more impressed with the Redskins than the Eagles. Not because I'm a fan, but because Philly plays every game like their a 2nd string defense and Wentz will throw an int faster than Colt. I'm not scared.

Edited by RedskinsLegacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unbias said:

 

Are you saying this is the 'must win' to avoid a 'must win' game against NY?

 

Exactly... sort of. But think about this... 

 

NOLA beats Dallas

Philly beats us 

 

Everyone is 6-6

 

Then Giants beat Redskins

Let’s say Eagles best Cowboys 

 

Then it would be 

 

Eagles 7-6

Redskins 6-7

Cowboys 6-7 

 

The next week we’d be at Jags, Eagles at Rams, Cowboys at Colts. 

 

So amazingly, the Giants game won’t even be a must-win from a math standpoint. The first real “must win” we’d face is in Jax. Now, if Dallas beats NOLA that changes things some. 

 

In other words, if this thread drives you mad, you have at least three more weeks of it...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kleese said:

 

Exactly... sort of. But think about this... 

 

NOLA beats Dallas

Philly beats us 

 

Everyone is 6-6

 

Then Giants beat Redskins

Let’s say Eagles best Cowboys 

 

Then it would be 

 

Eagles 7-6

Redskins 6-7

Cowboys 6-7 

 

The next week we’d be at Jags, Eagles at Rams, Cowboys at Colts. 

 

So amazingly, the Giants game won’t even be a must-win from a math standpoint. The first real “must win” we’d face is in Jax. Now, if Dallas beats NOLA that changes things some. 

 

In other words, if this thread drives you mad, you have at least three more weeks of it...

Good breakdown Kleese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Csup said:

Dont forget the injury excuse.

 

curious- is the one good win the Carolina game or the Dallas win?  The packers win isn’t looking so great anymore.

 

Carolina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, don't feel good about this game. All you need to know is prime time game. Colt plays better the game. AP plays better this game. I don't think the Skinz give up 30. 

Skinz -17

Eagles- 27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skins don’t have what it takes.   With Alex they didn’t turn the ball over.  Things are different now.   

 

28 - 24 Eagles.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skins 28

eagles 17

 

Skins will get big games from Doctson, HHCD, and AP. After building a commanding 21-0 lead with 3 TDS to Doctson, the eagles make it interesting to come within 4. HHCD gets pick in the red zone and AP finishes the game with a close out TD in the final minute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow, the offense put up 23 (should have been 24) points on a very good Dallas defense while turning the ball over three times, and the D not getting a takeaway.  I think they could do well this week.  Wish I had more confidence in the D.  

 

Coin in toss for me (even though my head is yelling “Monday Night!”)

Redskins 27, Eagles 26

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kleese said:

So amazingly, the Giants game won’t even be a must-win from a math standpoint. The first real “must win” we’d face is in Jax. 

 

I see what you mean, but I went with the Giants game because then we'd have to go 3-0 the rest of the way out. Winning the Giants game still gives us a one game loss wiggle room on the last 3. I think we only have 2 teams in the NFC to worry about... Seahawks and Vikings. One of those 2 will get a seed, and I feel we would have a much better shot at knocking one of those 2 out with 9 wins. We'll need more help from other teams if we only reach 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DJD2 said:

Not exactly an ideal matchup at this point in the season.

I suspect Philly feeling a little chesty after yesterday.

Hard to see a W.

 

Eagles 27

Skins 9

 

That is why we're going to roll them. Philly did nothing special to take over that game, but they think they did, and so do their fans. Philly could not stop Barkley, or play action, and they didn't have to. NY stopped it for them. It was like a heavy weight fighter who was destroying their opponent in the 1st round, then decided there was no need to hit him anymore, he did good enough in that round. Philly's defense is no where near as good as the Texans or Cowboys, they are beat up and they play like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

That is why we're going to roll them. Philly did nothing special to take over that game, but they think they did, and so do their fans. Philly could not stop Barkley, or play action, and they didn't have to. NY stopped it for them. It was like a heavy weight fighter who was destroying their opponent in the 1st round, then decided there was no need to hit him anymore, he did good enough in that round. Philly's defense is no where near as good as the Texans or Cowboys, they are beat up and they play like it.

 

Giants struggled in the 2nd half in key plays trying to stop Adams.  The Redskins defense needs to wake up in this game and stop the run for a change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.