Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Kenny Loggins Special

skins island connection

Who wins?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Monday Night football battle?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • The crippling yet unlikely tie.

When: Monday Night December 3rd

Where: Lincoln Financial Field Philadelphia a.k.a. Filthadelphia

There've been times in my life,
i've been wonderin' why.
still, somehow i believed we'd always survive.
now, i'm not so sure
you're waiting here, one good reason to try
but, what more can i say? what's left to provide?
(you think that maybe it's over,)
(only if you want it to be.)
are you gonna wait for a sign, your miracle?
stand up and fight.
(this is it.)
make no mistake where you are.

No truer words were ever sung.

OK, for all of you young whippersnappers, this was a cool song by Kenny Loggins, go listen to it, it has a lot more meaning than you may think.

Monday night, the lights, the sounds, the smell! Yeppers, the Redskins travel to Philadelphia to take on the Eagles in the first of 2 meetings in December, in a game that could very well determine if this team should keep fighting or protect the players they want to keep and begin the evaluation process.

The Eagles come off an important home win against a gamely Giants squad 25-22, in a game where the Giants had control but lost momentum and eventually the game. At one point the Giants were up 19-3 but forgot to play their RB Barkley in the 2nd half and took their foot off of the throttle, and gave Wentz and the Eagles a chance. { sound familiar? it should ].

Wentz ended up 20-28 for 236 yds and a TD, and RB Josh Adams was the big ground gainer with 84 yds. Once again, Zack Ertz was Wentz's main target and yard gainer, with their WRs barely eclipsing the 30 yd mark. Defensively, the Giants ran all over them, controlling the line but stalling out near the end zone, settling for FGs, but once Barkley was all but forgotten about by the Giants, the Eagles clawed their way back into the game eventually taking the lead in the 4th, but the Giants wouldn't go away and came back to tie it up at 22-22, only to let the Eagles drive down the field and kick the FG to put them up for good.

Well, what can be said about the Redskins' opportunity to take control of the division only to see it fade away.

On thanksgiving, the Redskins had the chance, but some god awful tackling and poor execution overall on both sides of the ball ended up costing them the game to Dallas, who is not tied with the Redskins at 6-5; I'm not sure who holds the tie-breaker at this point, but its irrelevant. A lot of hope was being felt before the game started, but some horrible flags and a couple non-calls pretty much dictated how this game was gonna be played. Enough of this, I'm getting depressed again.

So, what do the Redskins have to look forward to? Let's see:

1.  Monday night Football - this team forgets to show up on Monday nights, and in many cases its a blow-out.

2. Playing on the road - well, this doesn't have much bearing, they are 3-2 in road games.

3. Philadelphia - the SuperBowl champions, suffering from the fever that envelops many champions, but have battled back to being within a game of the division.

4. The once-good defense has been exposed as of lately. The front line has played good but the secondary is playing like thirdary.

5. The familiar outcomes of games like these, where the team really needs a win, at times against a far weaker team, only to end up being a lackluster performance on both sides of the ball.

6. Alex Smith is out, Colt McCoy is in. Will Gruden be able to be the " QB Whisperer " that he has been called?

7. Gruden himself. We are all too familiar with the ineptness that is Gruden, and how he has become so predictable in his play calling.

8. The Eagles are making their last-ditch run and are a desperate team, and will call whatever plays and do whatever they can to win.

Factor in all of these topics and ask yourself; do you feel confident going into this game?

So, hence the title " This Is It ". For the Redskins, technically it would not be the end, but most know if they lose this game then the season is over, and even barring a miracle of sorts, the chances of this team coming together is very small.  Gruden has 11 days to put together a game plan that will be effective. He and the team have the chance to watch how the Eagles play and pinpoint their areas where they can best stop their offense, which obviously hinges around Zack Ertz. The team has a chance to ask themselves if they want to be a part of the post-season play, where anything is possible. Most importantly, they have a chance to heal. Gruden has the advantage right now, but will he be able to reach the players in ways to make them play better than what has been put on the field.

As far as Manusky goes, its not terribly complicated; stop calling blitz pkgs while the secondary is in soft zone coverage. Get into the faces of the Eagle receivers, jamb them at the line, disrupt timing and let the front line do their job. Use Moreau and Dunbar as examples; embarrass them by their performance, and get it into their heads that they need to do their jobs and stop trying to strip the ball so much; a good solid hit on the ball will dislodge it.

The Eagles and Redskins are division rivals, so we can expect some hard hitting on both sides. Expect Colt to be more comfortable with the offense, but look for the Eagles to confuse him, being he hasn't had much experience in exotic defenses.

When the dust settles and the feathers stop flying,

unfortunately I do think that this game will be a dagger in the hearts of Redskin faithful. The Eagles are desperate, and the Redskins are just not up for it, especially under the lights of Monday night football. History repeats itself once again, but this episode is brutal.

Final score:

Redskins 23

Eagles 38

First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins beanie and a few other goodies.

Good luck, and as always   G O   R E D S K I N S !

Mnf on the road with colt McCoy as our QB.  We don't stand a chance.  I know colt did it for us before, lightning isn't striking twice.  Even with against a banged up philly secondary, skins find a way to leave points on the field.  Philly spreads the ball out to their many weapons.  They get an early lead and control the whole game.

Eagles. 34

Skins. 17

I've been one of the more optimistic people in these threads, only predicting 1 loss thus far.

But if this isn't the perfect storm for a loss, tough for me to come with another.

You got the Eagles potentially playing for first place if Dallas loses against the Saints.  They'd leapfrog us because of their division record.    So the Eagles likely will be amped up to seize the day just like Dallas was on Thanksgiving.

You got the Redskins on the big stage with the season seemingly at stake.  That's typically not good -- as Swearinger suggests the bright lights under the national spotlight isn't their thing.

And this team going back about two decades has to be the worst team of all time on MNF. 

I got some concerns about Colt under the bright lights with all the pressure of having a chance to grab his dream of being an NFL starter.

Eagles 30.  Redskins 21.    And I hope i am wrong.

I can't think of ever having two prime time games back to back against division foes with first place at stake.  I don't see how Dan doesn't go nuts if they end up losing both of them.  So to me its like having Rocky and Rocky 2 running back to back.  Hopefully the outcome goes just like the movies did. 

The Eagles look fairly beatable, but ... that doesn't mean anything where the Redskins are concerned. 

If we get Thompson back and he's in good shape, maybe we can keep it close, but ... with it being on Monday Night and so much being on the line ... this team has rarely done anything to make me feel confident they can get this done. 

Eagles 31

Redskins 20

Hope I'm wrong. 

Also of note  for the conspiracy theorists out there ... Giants got screwed today. Should've been a hold on OBJ in the end zone, but it wasn't called Instead of getting the ball at the one, Giants had a to kick a FG. Terrible officiating everywhere. 

Colt will show again why he is a professional BACKUP qb.  All of you stat stuffers will be wondering why interceptions matter so much.....Smith may not push the ball down field, but he won’t throw it to the wrong colored jerseys 3 times in one game.  Too many turnovers again are our downfall.  

Eagles - 31 

Skins - 17

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I thought it was Loggins for the.....

giphy.gif

Well, technically Rufus wouldn't be a firefly unless the cross was made of hair, but in the sense it does carry the same bearing. Light.

FWIW

If there was a game to give Colt a chance, it would be this game, with a banged up replacement secondary the Eagles have, but whether or not Gruden decides to attack it is a different story.

14 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

If there was a game to give Colt a chance, it would be this game, with a banged up replacement secondary the Eagles have, but whether or not Gruden decides to attack it is a different story.

Not agreeing on the Gruden concern but it brings to mind this funny quote, I just read

2 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

The Washington Redskins...in a must win game...on national television? Lol 

This will seal Jay’s fate and hopefully but probably not, Bruce’s as well 

Skins 13

Iggles 30

It’s actually not a must win. If the Redskins finish the season 3-2 it’s likely they make the playoffs. There are some scenarios where we could miss at 9-7, but most get us in. If we lose to Philly that would set up close to a must win against the Giants. 

42 minutes ago, kleese said:

It’s actually not a must win. If the Redskins finish the season 3-2 it’s likely they make the playoffs. There are some scenarios where we could miss at 9-7, but most get us in. If we lose to Philly that would set up close to a must win against the Giants. 

Yes, i know that there is still a scenario where the other teams all contract polio and are unable to compete but if we are being realistic, this is it. 

Dropping to 6-6 from 6-3 will bring back leaks, kill the fanbase even further, and essentially begin the Doomsday clock. We’ve seen it countless times before. 

Archived