Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next head coach for the Skins

ClaytoAli

Just now, MartinC said:

Davante Adams is a really good receiver. Not much behind him with Cobb looking like he is finished - but Adams is far and away better than anything the Redskins have. Jimmy Graham is not what he was but is not chopped liver either.

That's what I'm talking about, were talking about two guys a banned up oline and no run game.  They've had better and better results.  They had to use a WR at RB recently and made it work out of nowhere, its ridiculous to not have that man surrounded by as much talent offense as possible.  Packers are too cheap to do that, and that's what you get.

Just now, MartinC said:

Some of the responsibility for this falls on the head coach though. In fact a lot of it. Even with a QB the stature of Rodgers you have to pull him into a private film session and tell him this bull**** has to stop. If he cant do that and Rodgers is running the offense what does that say about the HC and OC?

It says Rodgers knows he safer then McCarthy will ever be, we see this in the NBA all the time.  Like for real, if Green Bay has to choose between the two, how you think that would go?  The people have already spoken, that's why we're having this conversation, imo.

4 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

That was my original point

I realise that. And as much as you and I might not agree with it my point was that just about every team in the NFL lines up in the gun (and plenty in empty) in short yardage. It’s not something Gruden has pulled out of left field.

53 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I realise that. And as much as you and I might not agree with it my point was that just about every team in the NFL lines up in the gun (and plenty in empty) in short yardage. It’s not something Gruden has pulled out of left field.

Well apparently were more smarter than them are.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:05 PM, WelshSkinsFan said:

if the best we can do is Dave Toub has waited long enough then what exactly is the point?  Dave Toub has also been touted repeatedly by Jason La Canfora who is hands down the most clueless NFL writer out there.

Well, if your judgement of Toub is based upon your appraisal of Canfora, then you've sorely misjudged Toub, frankly. 

Here's something not written by Canfora, but about Toub which may open up a better knowledge of Toub for ya. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/05/dave-toub-kansas-city-chiefs-2018-nfl-coaching-carousel

To be sure, there are more people than just canfora to write about Toub. 

27 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

5 very winnable games remaining, 2 division games at home...Jay's future is right in front of him. They better find a way to get AP going down the stretch here...

Lining him up more at tailback as opposed to out of the gun and letting him run North and South would be a good way to go there.

I don't have a name, but go young, innovative and aggressive.  Find a guy that understands that offense wins championships now.

Reinforce him with an assistant from the Parcell tree because discipline is needed to make it work.

But I'm beginning to think organizationally its not possible for that to happen.

50 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Lining him up more at tailback as opposed to out of the gun and letting him run North and South would be a good way to go there.

Jay said at the beginning of the year they wanted to get AP comfortable running things he hadn’t run before.

I ask “why?” Why not adjust your scheme to fit your personnel?  

The answer is ... I don’t know. 

But youre right, it would be smart.

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jay said at the beginning of the year they wanted to get AP comfortable running things he hadn’t run before.

Every week I see AP MAKE plays on busted run calls and every time I feel like Jay thought he did something right, even though it was clear that the playcall failed but AP is good enough to cut back or break it outside.  

8 hours ago, MartinC said:

Another example of my frustration with Jay and his lack of flexibility.... 

Currently, there are only a few teams that I would feel confident the Redskins would beat.

That is a testament to Gruden and his way of approaching opponents. Take the Giants for example; the Redskins already beat them earlier in the year. When they do play each other, I expect Gruden to go with the same game plan they played the first game, and its those choices he makes that make him a poor coach.

Is there anyone who would bet a high amount on the Redskins beating right now?  Cleveland? Buffalo? Arizona? SF? Jacksonville? Tennessee?

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is why I don't. He's in over his head, he wants control over everything he can get, but he can't manage any one aspect of it good enough to be consistent. The players who have a certain 'dynamic' to them are not being used to benefit the scheme, its forcing a player to do things he's either not good at or not comfortable doing, when that player would be much better suited in a different role.

I'm just ready for this experiment to be over so they can bring on the next failure; that is, if Allen is still calling the shots. If both are gone, who knows?

Enos: https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2018/11/meet-alabamas-one-of-a-kind-qb-whisperer.html

Saban had been interested in Enos for a while, according to sources, and was aggressive in pursuing him this past offseason, even after Enos joined Jim Harbaugh’s staff at Michigan.

A former head coach at Central Michigan, Enos is highly respected in the coaching world and — according to some coaches — is viewed as an NFL-level quarterback developer.

That’s why the former Michigan State quarterback was in high demand once Arkansas let go Bret Bielema and his staff. Enos had multiple FBS offensive coordinator offers, including one from Rutgers, but instead took an assistant coach job at Michigan before ultimately landing at Alabama in late January.

The quarterbacks have so much respect for Enos that, according to sources, he factored into Jalen Hurts’ decision to play out this season with the Tide instead of redshirting. Word is Hurts wanted to continue to learn from Enos rather than going down to scout team and not receiving the same level of coaching, even though that meant sacrificing the year of eligibility.

that Alabama insider said. “He’s a one a kind quarterback whisperer.”

Well, since we seem to be interested in Bama players....Nick Saban anyone?? (Joking!!!)

edit: I’ll word it in a way that people will get the fact that it’s a JOKE (as if the “joking!!!” Part up above doesn’t clue anyone in......) since we have gotten a few other bama players, might as well reunite them with their head coach too 😂😂😂

Gil Brandt says Ex-Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury already has NFL offers on the table.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/11/27/gil-brandt-says-ex-texas-tech-coach-kliff-kingsbury-already-nfl-offers-table

Of course he has. As I've written before, the whole NFL is straight running RPO, spread and air raid out the ying yang in 2018. 

Kingsbury has links to Mahomes and Keenum (and despite not liking him), Mayfield. A few others too I'm forgetting right now. 

This is why the notoriously slow footed organization under Snyder never gets out in front and gets after guys like Kingsbury and Enos. To think about getting both on the same staff is the stuff wet dreams are made of. 

If Jay gets fired, I see him getting the Cinnci job. Mike Brown won't be able to sell Hue Jackson to the fans, but at least Jay has a 500 record and a good personality.

Skins job... man. With their QB/cap situation, declining fan base and combo of Danny/Bruce, it's going to be hard to get the top tier candidates. Not that I even know who those candidates are. Maybe John Harbaugh takes the job if he gets canned in Baltimore. Wouldn't have to uproot his family. Can't imagine him wanting Bruce to be around though and that could be a major sticking point. 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, since we seem to be interested in Bama players....

I guess you had to be there. What were you watching in 2015? 

Because anyone who saw the Arkansas offense with Brandon Allen, Hunter Henry and Alex Collins, with Sprinkle ... sprinkled in there, and a few other pieces like Drew Morgan and the speedy Dominique Reed, saw an every sunday NFL offense.

And the most logical thing anyone with any modicum of football knowledge, who saw that offense, was asking themselves was: who is running, designing and play calling that offense? And Dan Enos was the answer, as he was in charge as OC/QB coach there.

Since I had known a little bit about Enos from his central michigan days, when he was HC, I further read more on him, studied his offense at Arkansas, even found tid-bits of his influence upon Michigan State in the recruiting of Cousins. Direct influence. 

Enos became a top name for me. 

I've promoted him every year since, here on ES. I guess some people won't see it until it goes whooshing past them ... or if they are wearing crimson tide gear. 

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Monk4thaHALL not sure you meant to quote me 😂😂 cause none of what you said in your post had anything to do with the one sentence in my post :P long day i guess?? 

I certainly meant to quote you, you bet. And It has everything to do with it. 

I guess you failed to see I cut out the last bit of what you wrote, Nick Saban's name.

Thanks I know how to read. And I know what parenthetical "(Joking!!!)" means. 

Not confused one bit. 

But in cutting out Saban's name I forced the emphasis upon the beginning part of your sentence, that of this washington organization having infatuation, fondness with alabama players. Or in other words, their program. Which would include their staff. 

And that is a true statement. That would not be held simply for the realm of the "joking" punch line to follow. No need to try and explain the Saban aspect, but I have posts on him from a year ago this time. 

I'm just trying to learn you something.

But, like I said, I guess folks won't see what's there until it flourishes somewhere else. Clue, I'm hipping you to Enos. 

(Insert emoticons in several places) ...

Just now, skinsfan5681 said:

I might get blasted for this.... what about Gregg Williams? Hard nosed coach. I loved the defense he had here in 2005. Thought he should've taken over for Gibbs. Then find a young aggressive OC

It would sort of fit a theme we got cooking and I don't mean that in a joking way but Vinny explained how he/Dan watched the playoffs together and they all didn't hit off like buddies and that was the kicker for why they decided he's not the guy for them.

9 hours ago, skinsfan5681 said:

I might get blasted for this.... what about Gregg Williams? Hard nosed coach. I loved the defense he had here in 2005. Thought he should've taken over for Gibbs. Then find a young aggressive OC

This is what was supposed to happen.. Gibbs retire and Greg Williams take over but Dan Snyder got so pissed that gibbs wouldn't stay that he fired everybody.

Archived