rabidskin

Norman, enough is enough!

Recommended Posts

On 11/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, zanshin said:

He was just on Fox demonstrating how he would cover Tyreek Hill.

You know what they say...those who can't do, teach.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You know what they say...those who can't do, teach.

 

A tad dramatic on both accounts, wouldn't you say?

 

First off, there are some great teachers who do just fine. Yes, I do take offense to that stupid ass statement. I was an okay football player, and I was a much better coach. But, I've seen some coaches who were awful athletes that are absolutely phenomenal coaches. And some people who were excellent players that couldn't teach someone the most basic movements in sport. It's such a dumb statement that really shouldn't be spread around like it is. It downplays the value of teachers (not just in a school setting, but anyone who ever trains or teaches anyone anything.

 

Now that I'm off my soap box on that one...

 

To say Norman "can't do" is ridiculous. It's hyperbole at the highest degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To say Norman "can't do" is ridiculous. It's hyperbole at the highest degree.

 

 

Au contraire, there is absolutely no way Norman can cover hill. Maybe the first 3 yards and a 5 yard hitch route, but anything that requires a cut or straight line speed Norman cannot and will not cover. His only shot is to contest the catch and given HIll's speed he cannot contest a catch he cannot reach.

 

The only way Norman is effective as a CB since his days with Carolina was contesting the ball. He nearly always lets the receiver get to the ball first and he then disrupts the pass. That is his forte. He is not good at blanketing any receivers or TEs for that matter. He is a contest type CB. Given how slow he is that is his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LMFAO Alex Smith said:

 

 

Au contraire, there is absolutely no way Norman can cover hill. Maybe the first 3 yards and a 5 yard hitch route, but anything that requires a cut or straight line speed Norman cannot and will not cover. His only shot is to contest the catch and given HIll's speed he cannot contest a catch he cannot reach.

 

The only way Norman is effective as a CB since his days with Carolina was contesting the ball. He nearly always lets the receiver get to the ball first and he then disrupts the pass. That is his forte. He is not good at blanketing any receivers or TEs for that matter. He is a contest type CB. Given how slow he is that is his game.

 

I was responding as a blanket statement on Norman. The commentary here lately has been hilarious in how much people dog Norman as a CB and discounting his value completely. If Warhead was talking specifically about covering Hill I have a bit less of an issue with that part of the statement. I was not necessarily speaking on his ability to cover Hill. I'm not sure there are any corners in the current NFL that can cover Hill one on one for an entire game and keep him locked down. At this point, the only one stopping Hill is Hill, Kansas City and Mahomes. A D may be able to limit him with scheme stuff, but KC has so many weapons they'll just get torched elsewhere.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 11:44 AM, desertbeagle85 said:

This guy doesn't care about what he's doing on the field he cares about selling himself of the field. The guy has the nerve to call out the fans that don't show up to the game. This team has been grabage from the time I can remember and I'm 33. Yet Norman thinks fans should spend there hard earned money on a garbage product. 

 

He should apologize for what he said a few weeks back. If you want fans to show up. Stop being the laughing stock of the NFC East.

Cowboys are the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 1:43 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

I think Norman has had a pretty good run here in DC...and a pretty solid 2018.

 

And he’s smart as a whip.  He’s been here long enough to know what a sad-sack fan base we have.  And he’s been here long enough to call it out.

 

Deal with it.

 

Im glad I’m not the only one who thinks his run here has been good. I realize he has some bad stats and bad moments but we’ve had a bad defense and in general a bad team. 

 

Hes an ultra competitor and I wish we had more of those. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be that Norman has regressed as a corner or that he is just doing what the coaches are telling him to.  Both of which are bad and it doesn't look like it's going to get better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

It could be that Norman has regressed as a corner or that he is just doing what the coaches are telling him to.  Both of which are bad and it doesn't look like it's going to get better.  

 

It could also be he got paid and doesn't study game film and just goes out and plays. He's more concerned with his brand off the football field and life after football. I don't think he prepares during the week and thinks just going out on game day is enough when it Cleary isn't. Anyway anyone looks at it he's not making the team better especially with the cap hit that comes with him. He can go tomorrow and I wouldn't care.  I believe both him and Foster are the Skins defense biggest weakness. Foster might just be lack of speed and skill though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.