Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norman, enough is enough!

rabidskin

How much suffering must we endure with Norman and this terrible pass defense?  1st Dallas possession, 3rd play and it's 3rd and 7 and Norman is nowhere near his receiver which converts for a 1st down and the drive is started as they go down and take a 7-0 lead.  How many times is Norman yards away when the ball arrives and what about the holding calls on Norman during and in the final minutes of a close game? Even Swearinger was yelling and hand motioning Norman to move up closer to Cooper, who then completes another 3rd and long reception for a 1st down on Norman.   Swearinger is the only safety/DB that we have, that plays with heart and is above average in talent.  We have guys that can't even keep from falling down.  Norman, you called us "keyboard warriors" and don't like our boo's....then start playing and earning respect like the salary you are being paid, or you will have to beg people to take the tickets you purchase just to hear their voices.   By the way....how did that work out for the Houston game?  More giving up TD's and holding penalties on your part.   This team's motto all year is " We have issues that need to be corrected", and it's repeated at every press conference all the way to game 16.   The Motel 6 saying: "we will keep the light on for you"…..Redskins saying:  "We will keep the fans booing and emptying the seats until we get it right".

I'll chalk this post up to this theory:

"who makes a lot of money, and itsn't playing elite, and I'll cherry pick plays he didn't do well on" 

You don't just cut a good player because you aren't satisfied with a few plays that yes, did get first downs, but weren't the reasons we lost the game.  You sit here and single out Norman, when Moreau had a disastrous game.  Dunbar was beat more than Norman yesterday, with awful tackling.  But Norman is post worthy?  Ok.

4 hours ago, superozman said:

"who makes a lot of money, and itsn't playing elite, and I'll cherry pick plays he didn't do well on" 

You don't just cut a good player because you aren't satisfied with a few plays that yes, did get first downs, but weren't the reasons we lost the game.  You sit here and single out Norman, when Moreau had a disastrous game.  Dunbar was beat more than Norman yesterday, with awful tackling.  But Norman is post worthy?  Ok.

I think it is cost/benefit ala Deion Sanders in his prime.  When you have a baller, the salary cap implications arh it.  The rules have changed so much in recent years that Norman is at a disadvantage.  I think k the rules, and lawsuits, have (or will) ruin the NFL.

I got so pissed off at Dunbar and Moreau I almost threw my phone at my tv.

They were clearly over their heads and getting twisted and spun around more than a woman at a ballroom dance.

I'd seriously tell the DBs coach to single them out and either work with them constantly or get rid of them.

But the person to point the finger at is Manusky.

HE is the one calling the shots, and he should have gotten the secondary together and told them to knock off the horse**** and do their jobs. If he can't/doesn't then we know who is controlling the defense, really.

The problem with Norman is that he isn’t Darrell Green. We want him to be and his contract asks him to rise to that level. 

He’s probably a pro bowl worthy corner or a step below that, but we want him to be a HOFer and he’s far from that. 

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

The problem with Norman is that he isn’t Darrell Green. We want him to be and his contract asks him to rise to that level. 

He’s probably a pro bowl worthy corner or a step below that, but we want him to be a HOFer and he’s far from that. 

There are not many Darrell Green's in the world.  I still remember him punching Michael Irvin in the gut, post-play.  On the field, the man was a beast.  Off of the field, he was a gentleman.  I will always tip my hat to that man.

3 hours ago, Roger.Staubach said:

I think it is cost/benefit Alabama Deion Sanders in his prime.  When you have a baller, the salary cap implications are worth it.  The rules have changed so much in recent years that Norman is at a disadvantage.  I think k the rules, and lawsuits, have (or will) ruin the NFL.

My whole thing is IF that money will go somewhere else, and you have a comparable person to replace them, i'm good with it.  HOWEVER, if you end up with wasted salary cap space, IMO that money saving means nothing, with a rich owner like Danny.

7 hours ago, Roger.Staubach said:

In fairness, I thought the refs helped the Cowboys tremendously during this game.  Holding calls, blows to the head, off-sides, hands to the face.  It was crazy how many missed calls and/or calls that went our way that we (a Skins fans and I) noticed.

I agree with this, although Norman does get burned constantly and the posters point is valid. How many holding calls on dallas in the game? I dont remember one. That pretty much sums it up. but then again, we should of known this was the " DALLAS COWBOYS " show from the start.

3 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

Norman is all talk and TRASH on the field.  The guy gets beat like a drum constantly.  Their best CB is in Kansas City.  He is just another example of a big money FA who doing nothing to back up the money they're paying him.

And there you have it folks, the story of the wash(ed up)ington redskins.

Norman is an okay zone corner. He can't play man at all and plays very passively in soft zone coverage because he knows he doesn't have the speed to keep up man to man downfield.

He'll be gone this off season. The cap savings will be a huge relief but not as big as the relief we'll get not having to put up with his non stop shenanigans before during and after games.

9 hours ago, TouchdownSkin said:

While Norman had his own mistakes, I can't single him out for this cluster of a loss.  

I agree, but he doesn't help us, consistently letting his receivers make clutch catches for 1st downs. Paid like he is a shutdown CB, but mostly all mouth instead of all-pro 90% of the time.

5 hours ago, superozman said:

All the DB's are weak except Swearinger and are below par.  Its the $75 mil contract for rookie quality play that singles him out based on his game talk.   Who do you think Swearinger is talking about mainly in his press coverage after the Dallas game?  He's average at best....and I would have loved the time back that we lost for his holding call at the end of the Texan's game....was going to be 4th down but they got the automatic 1st and killed the clock because of him, that was a major factor for the loss on him and he did the exact same thing the week before.  Chalk it up anyway you like...he is better at running the mouth than his coverage, and you can rate him good,  but below par in my book and pathetic for the salary.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Norman is an okay zone corner. He can't play man at all and plays very passively in soft zone coverage because he knows he doesn't have the speed to keep up man to man downfield.

He'll be gone this off season. The cap savings will be a huge relief but not as big as the relief we'll get not having to put up with his non stop shenanigans before during and after games.

I totally agree with your comment!

Archived