Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at the Dallas Clap On Clap Off The Clapper

TK

1 hour ago, carex said:

say, is there any news on Trent?

Yeah i saw on Twitter that he was only taken to the hospital as a precaution, and it was cause of the one play Trent was out from. When he got injured in the chest or something.

1 hour ago, TouchdownSkin said:

I didn't hear him say that at all.

I think @wunderhill was referring to what it looked like Gruden was saying to the refs after the Jordan Reed thing. Oh the sideline I guess it apparently looked like he said “this game (or league?) is ******* fixed” 

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I think Gruden was saying “he got hit in the ****ing face” referring to the no-call  on the Jordan Reed hit,

That’s what i thought it looked like he said as well, I was just saying since i saw another post on here earlier tonight saying they thing it looked like Gruden saying the words in my post above, so i was guessing that’s what wunderhill was referring to.

2 hours ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

Especially the strength and conditioning staff/program. We’ve gone too many years with astronomical amount of players on IR. 

I don't know how much blame it's even possible to place here because when you set aside the freak injuries like Alex's leg and any ACL type stuff etc., and focus on the nagging type stuff, it's the same players every year. We go into every season expecting the same players to finally stay healthy who keep getting hurt, and then get mad when the same thing happens.

Is that really the strength/conditioning staff's fault? Reed, Moses, Trent, Lavauo, CT, to a lesser extent Doctson. Even giving strong WR2 money to Paul Richardson was asking for him to continue his career-long injury woes on the Seahawks. How is that not on the guys constructing the roster? It's FO malpractice masquerading (for some) as bad luck and poor conditioning. It was avoidable with proper planning over the years and instead we not only relied on all these guys over and over, we also signed every single one to market value or higher contract extensions besides Doctson who is on his rookie deal.

I use to think when I was young and naive these NFL coaches were elite and smart but the older I get and the further I get up in management in my own profession I have started realizing how many of these coaches are not the brightest bulb in the cabinet. Most of us that performed like them would be out the door.

The team didnt practice, Colt has not practiced with the first team apparently and they looked completely lost and I hear well you cant really do anything on Monday...then I dont know.. maybe get on a plane Sunday after the game against the Texans to Dallas or go Monday evening after whatever they did on Monday during the day. This would give you Wed to work in Dallas. Gruden is either to stupid or he doesnt want to inconvenience the players either one is unacceptable.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

The only pluses I see are young talent that a new regime would make better use of (in an ideal scenario, which is what you hope for if you fire your current group). I agree they may skate due to the excuses and injuries...which they didn't protect themselves from.

Ain't exactly a mountain of great soon to be coaches out there. We have a lot of good position coaches I'd hate to lose. At least on defense. 

• TK unpinned this topic
On 11/22/2018 at 7:57 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Fair to criticize the Refs.

Fair to criticize Jay.

Fair to criticize Colt.

Im putting this one on Dix.

Wow, someone who actually watched the game. Minus Dix constantly being outta place. Specifically on the two long TDs. You gotta give the rest of the defense their due. Zeke with his +100 yards didn't beat us. This team runs ball and doesn't turn it over. We couldn't run the ball and turned it over 3 times. We weren't built to over come those kind of circumstances. I thought we could win the game. But not after three ints. That said, I like Jay's passing offense. But him as a playcaller and his clock management is horrible.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:10 AM, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't know how much blame it's even possible to place here because when you set aside the freak injuries like Alex's leg and any ACL type stuff etc., and focus on the nagging type stuff, it's the same players every year. We go into every season expecting the same players to finally stay healthy who keep getting hurt, and then get mad when the same thing happens.

Is that really the strength/conditioning staff's fault? Reed, Moses, Trent, Lavauo, CT, to a lesser extent Doctson. Even giving strong WR2 money to Paul Richardson was asking for him to continue his career-long injury woes on the Seahawks. How is that not on the guys constructing the roster? It's FO malpractice masquerading (for some) as bad luck and poor conditioning. It was avoidable with proper planning over the years and instead we not only relied on all these guys over and over, we also signed every single one to market value or higher contract extensions besides Doctson who is on his rookie deal.

Good post with valid points. I see us drafting players with injury history and the injuries seem to continue with them in the pros. It is a gamble for sure. A big part of the reason I believe is that one, there are so many holes to fill on this team (all phases). Two, they are desperately needing an impact player. No one on our team comes to my mind as that type of player that keeps the other teams up trying to prepare for them. Cravens had potential to be that type player but it did not work out. The Jay Gruden system cannot elevate average players that come together as a team and succeed like the Joe Gibbs system could. Different coaching styles in different eras, with free agency creating so much parity.  .      

So I'm sitting down the elks yesterday next to 3 Patriots fans who dont know I'm a skins fan.

One says to the other two "did you watch the skins cowboys game Thursday" I've never seen a team get so screwed by the referees and the other two said yeah I know it was ridiculous and they proceeded to talk about the McCoy no facemask call and the Reed no helmet to helmet call and the no pass interference in the endzone. 

It doesn't Matter in the end obviously but it did feel good to see unbiased people see the same things I knew I was seeing. 

• TK locked this topic

Archived