Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[TWITTER: Keim] League told Redskins there should have been a PI on Josh Doctson

LMFAO Alex Smith

It sucks, but you just can't dwell on this stuff or you'll go nuts. It's just another example of how you can't let any opportunities pass you by when you have a chance to capitalize on them. VD has to make those catches. Alex can't throw that pick in the endzone, etc., etc. There's always a chance you're going to be fighting some crap call as well as your opponent. Do your job, and hopefully the chances of those crap calls dictating the result of the game are close to negligible. 

7 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

I think the head linesman should face the media after every game the same way coaches and players have to

I totally agree, they should be held to some sort of standard of competence. The way it is currently they aren’t held to any standard. They can make repeated bad calls and have no one to answer to.It takes so much away from the game.

On 11/20/2018 at 5:48 PM, Wildbunny said:

What happens if we miss paloffs because of this?

Well, it would mean that we probably lost 4 of the last 6 after this game and any way you cut it that’s bad.

Still 6-4, and probably just need 3-3 to get into the playoffs.

It would have really helped.

Btw, I think if Doctson catches the ball, the game probably ends unless he can find a way out of bounds... 

Just go out and beat Dallas and be done with it.

As an aside, I’m pretty sure the Raiders are STILL salty about the immaculate reception and the tuck rule calls.  Bad calls happen and sometimes they change the course of the NFL.

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Then they'll just keep saying "I'm just here so I don't get fined"

Thats fine... and after about the 5th or 6th one where the same guys on their crews miss the same calls and it's on tape holding them to the fire, accountability will go up.   It would be nice to be able to say 'On that pass attempt to Doctson, it appeared there was clear contact prior to the ball getting there.... can you elaborate as to why there was no flag?"  Or... "On that P.I. against Norman late in the game... what did you see that garnered a flag be thrown?" 

I would expect constant downplaying and generic answers, but it would still be nice to shine a bit of a light on these guys so they actually have to be publicly held accountable, or at least questioned, for blatantly missed calls.  

On 11/20/2018 at 5:32 PM, TheGreek1973 said:

yea well NO S...   wonder what they say about the PI on Norman.  Now there was a blatant foul right NFL?  How about the roughing the passer call on Smith?  This league man.

It was a holding call on Norman not PI.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:16 PM, oraphus said:

what i dont like about Doctson is he never begs for a flag.. he just kind of walked off.. like "oh shucks, oh well" he should have started flipping out.. that **** work on the idiot reffs.

You have must missed it. Doctson was highly upset but refs didn't want to listen to him. Their minds were made up. 

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I guess they'll be real busy with apologies following this week.

But how can you compensate Reed, when the guy is already multi-concussed and just one concussion away from ending his career ?

Exactly.  This hit, the holding call on Harris, the holding call on Kerrigan that ended being a 90 yard TD, seriously why we even watch this league anymore.  You got a calm Gruden shouting in their face this game is fixed.  When a QB gets blatant face mask and you don't call it either you are totally incompetent or simply following orders to make sure Dallas wins this game.  When the announcers when they are told by the network to to discuss refs calls say man they missed this and they missed that you know something is not right here.

Fixed

This is the wrong word.  "Influenced" would be better.  The NFL puts a little pressure on the scales to increase the chances of outcomes that are more profitable to them.  However, it's still possible to overcome those bad calls.

A more fair way would be if the Cowboys had simply started the game up 3-0 on the scoreboard, and then the refs had called it evenly.

18 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

But how can you compensate Reed, when the guy is already multi-concussed and just one concussion away from ending his career ?

I said the same thing in regard to Reed. It’s ridiculous when during the preseason The League had the officials calling everything  that was even close to the head area .They were saying how they were really going to crack down on it this season.  Typical of the NFL.

8 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Exactly.  This hit, the holding call on Harris, the holding call on Kerrigan that ended being a 90 yard TD, seriously why we even watch this league anymore.  You got a calm Gruden shouting in their face this game is fixed.  When a QB gets blatant face mask and you don't call it either you are totally incompetent or simply following orders to make sure Dallas wins this game.  When the announcers when they are told by the network to to discuss refs calls say man they missed this and they missed that you know something is not right here.

BTW, Dallas' OL continued their streak of not getting a holding call against them. 

Skins got 4 sacks in the first half and none in the second half.

Here's the play by play game summary:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/washington-redskins-at-dallas-cowboys/game-center/sp-id-10401000002040875??ocid=ocid=INSSPBD10

Just search on the word penalty.  Dallas had 4 for 30 yards, but one of those was for 15 yards for jumping in the salvation army pot.

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Looking at it again:

Woods hits the face with his helmet. And Smith hits him in the back with his helmet.

That's 2 personnal fouls on one play. Refs missed both.

That initial hit should warrant a fine at the least.  There will always be the helmet-to-helmet hits where it is just bad timing of two bodies coming together, but the one on Reed was as deliberate as it gets. There is zero attempt to alter his line right into Reed's helmet.   

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That is so disturbing to look at, especially when you watch what it does to Reed's neck, not once but twice, for the 2 hits.

So much, for the campaign against CTE.

Think about how disturbing it would be if he hadn't got his head turned around.  

Archived