Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Time to Put Up Or Shut Up

skins island connection

Who wins the battle of Cowboys and Redskins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this heated game?

Interesting stuff from Charean Williams from PFT regarding the Cowboys:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/20/cowboys-opponents-havent-had-holding-penalty-on-pass-play-since-week-2/

The Cowboys rank seventh in the NFL in sacks per pass play, and somehow their pass rushers aren’t getting held. Or more accurately, they are not getting caught.

Only three times this season have officials flagged Dallas’ opponents for holding on a pass play.

The last time came in Week Two against the Giants, but the Cowboys declined the holding call on Nate Solder as Kavon Frazier sacked Eli Manning anyway. Thus, the last time the Cowboys defense benefited from a holding call on a passing play came in the season opener.

That's a surprising stat.

I'm not confident at all. We have been getting run on lately, and I don't think Zeke will be held to 30 yards rushing again like he was in the first match up. Colt did beat Dallas four years ago, but that is so irrelevant now I don't know why people keep bringing it up. I was at that game, and it was awesome, but both teams are completely different.

Cowboys - 30

Redskins - 23

6-5 heading into MNF with Philly. 

20 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

If Dallas wins, they do have a slight edge. But if we win this game, we make it virtually impossible for the Cowboys to win the division (2.5 games back with 5 to go - the next one vs. NO).

This is a good point. It almost seems like a must-win game for us because of momentum, but it really is a must-win game for them.

I'm sure that they would rather face a predictable Alex Smith rather than a relatively unknown (recently anyway) Colt McCoy.

The nerves get to the them leading to mistakes. Dak throws two picks and the Ewok loses a fumble. Easy win.

Skins - 27

cowboys - 13

I've been picking against the Skins all year, but no more!

Redskins 24

Cowboys 20

The Skins stuffed the Ewok last game, I don't think that was a fluke.  I think if the Ewok hurts us, it's because they split him out wide or swing passes to him out of the backfield which I think they will try more of.  I think our defense will stuff him again on running attempts.  Bottling him up is still the biggest key to winning the game.  

Colt sparks us, Jordan Reed has a big day, AP goes for 100 yards, we get a PI call and a win.  Happy Turkey coma for Skins fans everywhere.  

And I dunno where else to post this so:

1477277644-1476666671-1016meme2.jpg

Anybody seen Johnathan Allen? He's been kind of quiet the last couple of games. Because of that, I feel like the run defense has suffered.

I think the Redskins D comes in feeling disrespected and pissed, and contains Zeke just enough to limit Dallas offensively. Having said that, it just seems like Dallas always catches the right break at the right time and score more than they probably should have...

Offensively... I've actually been thinking about Colt for some weeks now. Felt like if he was playing, the offense could make plays. They might turn the ball over more, but they'll make plays.

I was feeling good about the Redskins chances to go and take a win... The Vegas line has me frozen with fear now. I don't know what Vegas is up too.

So I'm not using my gut, just the eye test. And the eye test tells me that the Redskins are as talented as Dallas and have better coaching (Barely.).

Give me the Redskins... 24-20.

4 hours ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Without that crucial pick 6 last week, we beat the Texans. I just think we will be a better team under Colt and I am not skeered of the damn Dallas Cowboys. We're going to enjoy those Turkeys. 

With the refs doing their job and calling the PI on Doctson we would win, even with that pick 6.  Totally got robbed last week.

Like already mentioned, standings-wise, this is more of a must win for Dallas. If they drop to 5-6 with New Orleans coming in next, they are going to be 5-7 in 10 days. That is going to likely kill their chances for the division and wildcard spot. 

The crazy thing is if Dallas wins & The Eagles win (pretty sure they will beat NYG).

Then next week, there is potential for all three teams to be 6-6, if Dallas loses to New Orleans, and Washington loses to Philly on MNF.

So really while this game is big for Dallas to remain in contention, it is more a swing game for the 'Skins.  They win this, they put necessary cushion between them and the rest of division.  If they lose.....they pretty much go directly into must-win games the rest of the way out.

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Like already mentioned, standings-wise, this is more of a must win for Dallas. If they drop to 5-6 with New Orleans coming in next, they are going to be 5-7 in 10 days. That is going to likely kill their chances for the division and wildcard spot. 

The crazy thing is if Dallas wins & The Eagles win (pretty sure they will beat NYG).

Then next week, there is potential for all three teams to be 6-6, if Dallas loses to New Orleans, and Washington loses to Philly on MNF.

So really while this game is big for Dallas to remain in contention, it is more a swing game for the 'Skins.  They win this, they put necessary cushion between them and the rest of division.  If they lose.....they pretty much go directly into must-win games the rest of the way out.

Paloffs are now?

Archived