Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

OMG are people here really defending Keenum starting this year?

He sucks. You saw it last year. Just admit the team doesn’t know what they’re doing if he’s their plan.

OMG you are right!!! He sucked so bad the year before and had a 13-3 record and was only 1 game away from being in the SB. But when it mattered the most he sucked there too. Read this: In the NFC Divisional Round against the New Orleans Saints, Keenum finished with 318 passing yards, a touchdown, and an interception. With only 10 seconds left in the fourth quarter, Keenum threw a pass to Stefon Diggs, who ran 61 yards for the game-winning touchdown, giving the Vikings a miraculous 29–24 victory.

See I can play the same game. ;)

5 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Lmfao Kirk is way better than Keenum don’t lie to yourself. The Vikings o-line regressed heavily over the season.

This thread is not for Kirk. You might want to go to the thread below instead to talk about Kirk. 

24 minutes ago, zskins said:

OMG you are right!!! He sucked so bad the year before and had a 13-3 record and was only 1 game away from being in the SB. But when it mattered the most he sucked there too. Read this: In the NFC Divisional Round against the New Orleans Saints, Keenum finished with 318 passing yards, a touchdown, and an interception. With only 10 seconds left in the fourth quarter, Keenum threw a pass to Stefon Diggs, who ran 61 yards for the game-winning touchdown, giving the Vikings a miraculous 29–24 victory.

See I can play the same game. ;)

OH WOW HE MADE ONE GOOD PLAY. THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKES HIM GOOD.

TAKE MY MONEY, DAN!!!!

The QB winz crowd are why nobody takes Redskins fans seriously.

5 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

TAKE MY MONEY, DAN!!!!

Did you miss the important part where his record was 13-3. Trust me. I am not taking you seriously either. ;)

2 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

TAKE MY MONEY, DAN!!!!

I don't think anyone thinks Case Keenum of all people is some sort of long term option at QB.  He is however an upgrade over what we currently have.... we moved back 1 round in NEXT years draft to get him, and he's costing us $3.5 million.  He's not viewed as a long term option... We need to add QBs going into next season and not all of them are going to be looked at to be the future.  When I first heard the deal i was pissed, but looking at it now that the details are coming out, it makes a whole bunch of sense.   It's a better option than paying more than double that for other options, or even waiting til Keenum was cut and THEN paying double.  

I dont think we will ever REALLY know the plan for this offseason, but my assumption is that we have broader plans... it may turn out that Keenum ends up as our starter, but I'd bet if you gave anyone at Redskins Park, and most of the people on this board, truth serum... Keenum starting week 1 is not the preferred plan, even after this trade.   

14 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

TAKE MY MONEY, DAN!!!!

Why are you here exactly? You are obviously miserable with the current situation. So why subject yourself to it?

Case is just another guy but his competitive fire burns hot. He is slippery in the pocket and he can make a lot of plays on the move. He is a durable Colt McCoy.  Probably the best option we could have done considering the other Free Agents out there and the Smith money tied up. Savvy, frugal move Bruce. Go get some safeties, Rosen, Metcalf next please.

40 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Why are you here exactly? You are obviously miserable with the current situation. So why subject yourself to it?

I'm pretty miserable with the current situation, but come back too.  My wife laughs at me every time I do.  I really really want to believe in this team, so I come back for hope.

I do like this deal for what it is, competition and a decent price.  As others have pointed out, we've certainly had worse.

13 hours ago, volsmet said:

The wind.

🐢

Supposedly, we tried everything we could to bring in Rosen & Brown before the Pitt Friday deadline. Then we turned to Case before Pitt finished their deal; Arizona was asking for more from us than anyone else, or so the wind tells it. In line with some positive thinking, I suppose, we didn’t go all in on the offseason before the ACC tournament. 

A guy, we will call him Fitz, tells a good friend of his, we will call him Brown, that Rosen is legit. A bad team, we will call them Washington, wanted Rosen & Brown, today. But, we killed it when AZ asked for more than the 2020 #1... I have no idea if we would have done the 1 alone or not, just that the price included that. Or, so some say, people talk to people, agents talk to strippers, strippers talk to everyone for a $20 drink. 

In real life, evidently, Brown & Fitz are close. Fitz thinks Brown is killing his career leaving Ben, but loves Rosen, who Jay loves, who we tried to pull tonight. Hard to imagine Fitz and Brown hanging out, if one struggles to imagine strangers hanging out. What an interesting evening that would have been. 

Perhaps we won’t be as married to Case as I feared. 

To clarify, how does this align with what you said about us wanting Pitt to stick to their deal with Buffalo?

50 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Idk if this dude is credible or not but whew

Steve is from Fanspeak.  He is either THE founder or one of the founders of Fanspeak site.  Check it out.  He is in touch with the Skins and is in the know.  Been stated by other and he might just be passing along what they've stated or he may have heard from a source that Keenum and a draft pick for Rosen will or might happen.  Keenum played for KK in Houston.

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Steve is from Fanspeak.  He is either THE founder or one of the founders of Fanspeak site.  Check it out.  He is in touch with the Skins and is in the know.  Been stated by other and he might just be passing along what they've stated or he may have heard from a source that Keenum and a draft pick for Rosen will or might happen.  Keenum played for KK in Houston.

Sheehan confirmed it as real holy crap

15 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

To clarify, how does this align with what you said about us wanting Pitt to stick to their deal with Buffalo?

We did not want Pitt to finalize the deal with Buffalo, we still want Antonio Brown. We also did not want to pay more for Rosen just to get something done quickly. Thus far, we have exercised restraint in pursuit of our desire to win March. 

Personally, I’m all in on Rosen, but would rather see you at WR than Antonio Brown. We believe we are super duper close to being legitimate contenders. 

🙌

No one seems to believe AZ gives a rats rear end about Case Keenum. That’s a gentle way to express that, that said, the only certainty is we turned down an offer/counter offer that included Rosen. People anticipated us getting fleeced, which to me is over the top, if we get Rosen I’d be pleased to give a 1+. A “+” is never another first or a 2nd, it’s probably a player DJ Swearinger wants to eat sandwiches with. Of course, that “+” could now be Case, I don’t know why Az wouldn’t get Case themselves to force us to give them something they couldn’t get on their own... but ... humans. 

23 minutes ago, volsmet said:

We did not want Pitt to finalize the deal with Buffalo, we still want Antonio Brown. We also did not want to pay more for Rosen just to get something done quickly. Thus far, we have exercised restraint in pursuit of our desire to win March. 

Personally, I’m all in on Rosen, but would rather see you at WR than Antonio Brown. We believe we are super duper close to being legitimate contenders. 

🙌

Got it. I seem to have misunderstood your previous post, which I thought insinuated we *wanted* Pitt to stick to their trade with Buffalo.

I see clear value in acquiring Case to help get Rosen. It gives us greater leverage to walk away, an insurance plan in case AZ sticks with Rosen, and an additional asset to use in a transaction. It's in AZ's interest to go right down to the wire to make a decision to encourage suitors bidding up the price, and the Keenum move allows us to play that waiting game without forcing us to pay a fat premium to take Rosen off the table now.

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Got it. I seem to have misunderstood your previous post, which I thought insinuated we *wanted* Pitt to stick to their trade with Buffalo.

I see clear value in acquiring Case to help get Rosen. It gives us greater leverage to walk away, an insurance plan in case AZ sticks with Rosen, and an additional asset to use in a transaction. It's in AZ's interest to go right down to the wire to make a decision to encourage suitors bidding up the price, and the Keenum move allows us to play that waiting game without forcing us to pay a fat premium to take Rosen off the table now.

Supposedly Washington still wants Pitt to hold their deal with Buffalo

I wrote that as it was being reported the deal was done by all experts. Washington wanted them to hold as we tried to make our team more Antonio friendly. I don’t know why we would want them to make the deal with Buffalo unless we are eager to pick scraps from any impending cut. Buffalo cuts, not all bad.

Absolutely, but none of that explains why AZ would want a Keenum in a trade from us rather than acquiring him from Denver on their own.

If AZ trades for Keenum now, they get less for Rosen than they would have if they had just grabbed Case from Denver. That would be a move of, nearly, incomprehensible stupidity.

But... reporters report things. 

10 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Hmmm, does this mean something?  Making room for Murray and Keenum?  LOL

Mike - 4 letters.

Kirk

Alex

Colt

Mark

Josh

Case

&

Mike