Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

32 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The wind.

🐢

Supposedly, we tried everything we could to bring in Rosen & Brown before the Pitt Friday deadline. Then we turned to Case before Pitt finished their deal; Arizona was asking for more from us than anyone else, or so the wind tells it. In line with some positive thinking, I suppose, we didn’t go all in on the offseason before the ACC tournament. 

A guy, we will call him Fitz, tells a good friend of his, we will call him Brown, that Rosen is legit. A bad team, we will call them Washington, wanted Rosen & Brown, today. But, we killed it when AZ asked for more than the 2020 #1... I have no idea if we would have done the 1 alone or not, just that the price included that. Or, so some say, people talk to people, agents talk to strippers, strippers talk to everyone for a $20 drink. 

In real life, evidently, Brown & Fitz are close. Fitz thinks Brown is killing his career leaving Ben, but loves Rosen, who Jay loves, who we tried to pull tonight. Hard to imagine Fitz and Brown hanging out, if one struggles to imagine strangers hanging out. What an interesting evening that would have been. 

Perhaps we won’t be as married to Case as I feared. 

Sounds like pure speculation on your part.

Just now, JoggingGod said:

Local guys say that they will look to bring in a young QB so I’m guessing they strike a huge deal to get Rosen, possibly including Keenum possibly not.

I’m all in on Rosen. I love the guy personally (footbally) & it will give Jay the QB he has needed/wanted since he arrived. I’m fairly certain Rosen was his favorite QB from either of the last 2 drafts, which would put him at the top of this class as well - I’d assume. Those who believe in Jay would have to like that, particularly if we can keep the 2019 #1. I think we will target one of the WRs with 4.3 game speed, Marquise Brown/Campbell/Mecole and we may look for another big guy, like Preston Williams, and move Doctson. Rosen and a legitimate deep threat seem to be additions we are going to pursue aggressively. Hollywood Browns injury history may keep us off of him, given the recent history of our roster, but that’s the guy to pair with Rosen if you’re going to do it right. Imo. Mecole is intriguing, he’s a bit of a Curtis Samuel clone, not a 10 touch a game guy, but a pain to account for in a variety of spots. 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Sounds like pure speculation on your part.

You can hear my posts? 

4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’m all in on Rosen. I love the guy personally (footbally) & it will give Jay the QB he has needed/wanted since he arrived. I’m fairly certain Rosen was his favorite QB from either of the last 2 drafts, which would put him at the top of this class as well - I’d assume. Those who believe in Jay would have to like that, particularly if we can keep the 2019 #1. I think we will target one of the WRs with 4.3 game speed, Marquise Brown/Campbell/Mecole and we may look for another big guy, like Preston Williams, and move Doctson. Rosen and a legitimate deep threat seem to be additions we are going to pursue aggressively. Hollywood Browns injury history may keep us off of him, given the recent history of our roster, but that’s the guy to pair with Rosen if you’re going to do it right. Imo. Mecole is intriguing, he’s a bit of a Curtis Samuel clone, not a 10 touch a game guy, but a pain to account for in a variety of spots. 

This I agree with.  You said CK would be starting 16 games for us this upcoming season.  Unless I misinterpreted something incorrectly, my bad.  I love Rosen too and believe he should be the QB of the Skins.  I think the GO TO WR should be UMass Isabella.  JMO.  

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This I agree with.  You said CK would be starting 16 games for us this upcoming season.  Unless I misinterpreted something incorrectly, my bad.  I love Rosen too and believe he should be the QB of the Skins.  I think the GO TO WR should be UMass Isabella.  JMO.  

I intended to convey that I believe Case will start 16 games for us, but people who know more than I don’t think he will be our starter week 1. 

We are Redskins fans chatting about our squad, no harm can be done, I am just a cranky fellow today because I have slept about 20 hours in the last 7 days. Too much manic, not enough alprazolam. I’ve been a pain to interact with for 4 days, any poor communication is on me. 

*I need to watch more Izzy; He looks a man born to be a Patriot. Come to think of it, so does Renfroe. 

In the cold light of day I am not to disappointed with the Keenum signing, I would much rather go this route than to throw 2 or 3 high picks for a QB either in free-agency or in the draft. 

I have a quick question about Alec Smith's contract, if the Redskins designated Smith with a post June cut in 2020 could they split his 20m cap hit due in 2020 into 10m each for 2020/2021?.

HTTR 

I love the articles in that joke of a fish wrap the WP "mediocrity" & "Rearranging Deck Chairs on the Titanic" please, this was a smart move. At the very least we just picked up a competent back up for 19. We were going to have to do that in any situation. For a position that was decimated to a point late last season that we were starting Sanchez and Johnson.  Net gain. I can't stand BA but I will give credit where credit is due. This move facilitates our ability to do several things at the qb position and other areas of need. Its just nuts how there is a faction of the media and fanbase that see everything as stupid and incompetent.  If someone tells you that you're a piece of doo doo on a daily basis, eventually you will start to  believe it.  

WP = Weak brained lazy reporting  

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

I intended to convey that I believe Case will start 16 games for us, but people who know more than I don’t think he will be our starter week 1. 

We are Redskins fans chatting about our squad, no harm can be done, I am just a cranky fellow today because I have slept about 20 hours in the last 7 days. Too much manic, not enough alprazolam. I’ve been a pain to interact with for 4 days, any poor communication is on me. 

*I need to watch more Izzy; He looks a man born to be a Patriot. Come to think of it, so does Renfroe. 

It's ok I've got plenty o sleep for both of us in the last couple days.. multiple 2+ hour naps a day and asleep by 7:30pm..

4 hours ago, wit33 said:

Smiths deal represented a compromise and meeting in middle, in regards to contract. 

No, it didn’t.  It was the absolute most Smith and his agent could possibly get.  I don’t blame them for that in the least but there was no meeting in the middle.  They had Bruce right where they wanted him and needed him to be, desperate.  

Before we Pat (Smith) Bruce on the back for getting Keenum on the cheap, it was probably HIS mad dash to sign Smith to his monster contract, that killed the vet QB market. This doesn't seem like Bruce's handy work though. Someone else must be calling the shots in Ashburn.   Unless Elway is the worst GM in the league.

I don't believe the beat reporters that say we may still be in on Rosen. If they haven't been told otherwise, I think they are prudent to leave the door open on what scuttlebutt they had picked up previously. But Gruden and Bruce seem to love vet QBs and don't have patience for those pesky kids that expect to play to learn.

Regardless if you like getting Chase or not something at Redskins Park is being handled differently if you look at HOW they fooled the national media and How the local media was fooled.  For weeks it was different stories about Teddy Bridgewater, then about Murray, and then we were going after the Duke quarterback and recently Casserly's comments about Murray.  (Charlie if you were secretly trying to help your old team out and take one for the Gipper- many thanks) No local media said we were on the trail for Chase.  No national media said Skins were after Chase.   They also made every attempt at the Combine to fool local media as well.   I think Gruden got the guy he wanted and he will sink or swim with Chase and Colt now.   There was even a nutty story about both Grudens helping each other to get a quarterback Skins wanted.  When I got a call last night at 9 pm from California telling me that we got Chase I was actually in a good mood because the media was clueless.  Then I heard a video clip that Brian Mitchell said we could not get him despite the sudden rumor because he would cost too much I again got a good laugh.   Usually I like what Mitchell says but on this one move he was wrong and caught off guard with the way we acquired Chase.    Someone in that front office or coaching dept. is also laughing today at Redskins Park and the media got played significantly.

Good lord, it looks like Allen is building a QB Junkyard'.

Obviously fans are going to latch onto different QBs as being their favorite,  and the QB merry-go-round will be at full power.

Or will this situation end up being another " hammering a square peg into a round hole" game? Just to possibly get a mediocre record of 7-9 to 9-7,  I'd just assume give Josh the job for a year; who knows, maybe getting a little real NFL QB experience may be a good thing...

8 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Good lord, it looks like Allen is building a QB Junkyard'.

Obviously fans are going to latch onto different QBs as being their favorite,  and the QB merry-go-round will be at full power.

Or will this situation end up being another " hammering a square peg into a round hole" game? Just to possibly get a mediocre record of 7-9 to 9-7,  I'd just assume give Josh the job for a year; who knows, maybe getting a little real NFL QB experience may be a good thing...

I dont care too much unless Allen trades away our 2020 1st round pick and thus screws us from being able to draft a QB that year after we suck this next year.

8 hours ago, wit33 said:

NFL teams over paying for average to above QBs. FOs appear to finally be realizing this. QB bubble bursted.

Smiths deal represented a compromise and meeting in middle, in regards to contract. 

I think it's unfair to compare Alex Smith to a QB bubble. Alex had a ton of success in the league and led multiple teams to the playoffs (5 times) and made very few mistakes.  He was 6-3 here before he got hurt.  Case is the overpaid one, he had a short good run and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. 

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Regardless if you like getting Chase or not something at Redskins Park is being handled differently if you look at HOW they fooled the national media and How the local media was fooled.  For weeks it was different stories about Teddy Bridgewater, then about Murray, and then we were going after the Duke quarterback and recently Casserly's comments about Murray.  (Charlie if you were secretly trying to help your old team out and take one for the Gipper- many thanks) No local media said we were on the trail for Chase.  No national media said Skins were after Chase.   They also made every attempt at the Combine to fool local media as well.   I think Gruden got the guy he wanted and he will sink or swim with Chase and Colt now.   There was even a nutty story about both Grudens helping each other to get a quarterback Skins wanted.  When I got a call last night at 9 pm from California telling me that we got Chase I was actually in a good mood because the media was clueless.  Then I heard a video clip that Brian Mitchell said we could not get him despite the sudden rumor because he would cost too much I again got a good laugh.   Usually I like what Mitchell says but on this one move he was wrong and caught off guard with the way we acquired Chase.    Someone in that front office or coaching dept. is also laughing today at Redskins Park and the media got played significantly.

This is one of the most unique takes I’ve seen.  Ya know those Redskins, they can’t string together good seasons for the life of them, but I’ll be damned if they don’t have elite covert operations to acquire journeyman quarterbacks.  Eesh.

The upside to Keenum is he's more durable and has a better arm than McCoy.  We aren't getting a top flight QB this year and if it comes down to drafting someone in the first round vs Rosen, I'd rather get Rosen at this point for a 3rd round or less and then if it doesnt work out pick a QB next year in 1st.

Archived